Jane Thorster's yellow really needs upgrading...

Dragon_Nexus
Dragon_Nexus Posts: 3,701 Chairperson of the Boards
It's been a while since I really noticed this since I usually paid her with IM40 so her yellow doesn't get a look in. But as she stands, she really only has 2 moves. I'm using her with Scarlet Witch and Professor X in this PvE just to change things up and I notice even when boosted her yellow is rubbish. Even at 5 covers and boosted, her yellow does 4500 damage AoE...way less than just about every other boosted 4* move. I mean I'd just finished going crazy with 8000+ damage for ten purple as Jean Grey, which also removes special tiles...MORE special tiles, I might add, for less AP.

So...maybe if the move worked like her red? More damage with more charged tiles on the board? Hell, I think I'd be happy to sacrifice the special tile removal if it did that. She's have multiple builds that way...I might even try a 5/5/3 with her if she did that.

Much like X-23 (whom I posted about a few months back) she just needs a little tweak to be substantially improved. Some 4*s need quite a rework, but Thoress and X-23 really don't. Just a small change would work wonders.

Comments

• Mr_Sinister
    Mr_Sinister Posts: 356 Mover and Shaker
    Quite a few 4* are needing an upgrade because they are showing their age. Power creep has made them closer to 3.5* than current 4* levels. At least her red and blue are still good.
  • Punisher5784
    Punisher5784 Posts: 3,845 Chairperson of the Boards
    It's been a while since I really noticed this since I usually paid her with IM40 so her yellow doesn't get a look in. But as she stands, she really only has 2 moves. I'm using her with Scarlet Witch and Professor X in this PvE just to change things up and I notice even when boosted her yellow is rubbish.

Scarlet Witch only has two moves too.. no one is using her laughable Green. Anyways, there aren't too many characters where all 3 moves are extremely usable. I think the devs are fine with two good moves and one OK to bad move (e.g. Black Panther, Steve Rogers). I thought it was ridiculous when they nerfed her Yellow even though it was bad to begin with.
  • blargrx
    blargrx Posts: 150 Tile Toppler
    Yup while not ideal with 3 truly usable powers, id rather see a rework on some of the low tier 4* instead of fixing characters with 2/3 solid powers
  • thisone
    thisone Posts: 655 Critical Contributor
    She has insane single target damage potential. She's not getting a comparable group nuke to boot. That would be way over powered and you know it.
  • GrimSkald
    GrimSkald Posts: 2,579 Chairperson of the Boards
    It's been a while since I really noticed this since I usually paid her with IM40 so her yellow doesn't get a look in. But as she stands, she really only has 2 moves. I'm using her with Scarlet Witch and Professor X in this PvE just to change things up and I notice even when boosted her yellow is rubbish.

Scarlet Witch only has two moves too.. no one is using her laughable Green. Anyways, there aren't too many characters where all 3 moves are extremely usable. I think the devs are fine with two good moves and one OK to bad move (e.g. Black Panther, Steve Rogers). I thought it was ridiculous when they nerfed her Yellow even though it was bad to begin with.

Unfortunately, almost any time they nerfed a character, it's been an over-nerf. The only nerf I can think of that didn't pretty much **** the character was Magneto - and that wasn't exactly a nerf so much as rearranging his powers that didn't seem that great on their face, but were extremely exploitable in ways they didn't see. Thor and X-Force Wolvie were still usable afterward, but they were definitely sent to the middle of the pack. Of course, they were distinctly over-powered before.

I'd love it if they boosted her yellow, but since her red and blue are still useful, they probably won't. They generally don't boost characters who are useful, just ones that are trash. GSBW is a great example of that - her red is downright awful. Completely useless. But she sees a lot of use because of her purple, so they are very unlikely to fix her red.

Incidentally, I'd like to add that all the boosts they've done lately have been welcome and pretty darn good. Kudos to the development team - I don't to seem like I'm down on them, particularly since all the bad stuff I'm talking about is years ago at this point.
  • fmftint
    fmftint Posts: 3,653 Chairperson of the Boards

I use SW green ALL THE TIME. It's good to get some OML strikes out, to get that last 1-2 ap to fire an ability, or just to break up a undesirable move. The only thing it could use is a cost adjustment, 8 is a little high, 6 would be great
  • Punisher5784
    Punisher5784 Posts: 3,845 Chairperson of the Boards
    fmftint wrote:

I use SW green ALL THE TIME. It's good to get some OML strikes out, to get that last 1-2 ap to fire an ability, or just to break up a undesirable move. The only thing it could use is a cost adjustment, 8 is a little high, 6 would be great

That's what I use Green for too but only when I am desperate as I normally have a better Green user on the team. It would be better if 3 Green wasn't so bad. Maybe I could lowering her Purple to 3 when I pair her with a better purple user (e.g. JG).