Petition for Player Daken to work as awesome as AI Daken

Uthgarprime
Uthgarprime Posts: 202 Tile Toppler
edited December 2016 in MPQ General Discussion
I wish every time I used Daken and fire Chemical Reaction I always got a green match, if not 2. It is so tiring watching the AI get a cascade every single time he fires that ability. Why does that not happen when I play him?

Comments

• DalekGAF
    DalekGAF Posts: 52 Match Maker
    AI Ragnarok is one of the strongest characters in the game-but when I control him nothing happens.
  • Uthgarprime
    Uthgarprime Posts: 202 Tile Toppler
    And if the AI has already determined I am going to lose with the constant cascades, stop lying to your players and putting that stupid you gotta increase your level death screen. No I don't I could have 3 maxxed championed 5*'s and still die just from cascades. Stop insulting my intelligence.
  • Punisher5784
    Punisher5784 Posts: 3,845 Chairperson of the Boards
    I remember when 1* Venom use to make a green web tile. Somehow that 1 tile would always make a green match! Meanwhile I would use Thor's yellow the next turn and match nothing.. I want AI powers icon_lol.gif
  • LewsTherin0
    LewsTherin0 Posts: 44 Just Dropped In
    Careful everyone.... The deniers will be here soon to tell you all about how you just don't understand random and confirmation bias blah blah blah blah.

But yeah, most things favor the cpu. I use 2Mags red every single day in DDQ. It resolves maybe once a week. Cpu goes after it with such determination and pulls matches out of its butt to clear it out.
  • Pylgrim
    Pylgrim Posts: 2,328 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited December 2016
    Go mark the corresponding square in the bingo linked in my sig! icon_e_wink.gif
  • Hendross
    Hendross Posts: 762 Critical Contributor
    And if the AI has already determined I am going to lose with the constant cascades, stop lying to your players and putting that stupid you gotta increase your level death screen. No I don't I could have 3 maxxed championed 5*'s and still die just from cascades. Stop insulting my intelligence.

Agreed this "tip" is super condescending, second only to Contest of Champions which reminds you "Blocking reduces incoming damage". How about removing the tips or making them more roster/age/enemy appropriate.
  • Reecoh
    Reecoh Posts: 210 Tile Toppler
    Hendross wrote:

Agreed this "tip" is super condescending, second only to Contest of Champions which reminds you "Blocking reduces incoming damage". How about removing the tips or making them more roster/age/enemy appropriate.

At this point I'd take a picture of bag man pointing at me and going "HA-HA" in Nelson's voice. That would be less annoying than any of the "tips" I get now after losing.
  • carrion_pigeons
    carrion_pigeons Posts: 942 Critical Contributor
    Careful everyone.... The deniers will be here soon to tell you all about how you just don't understand random and confirmation bias blah blah blah blah.

But yeah, most things favor the cpu. I use 2Mags red every single day in DDQ. It resolves maybe once a week. Cpu goes after it with such determination and pulls matches out of its butt to clear it out.

Why do you think we do it? We don't do it because we want you to feel stupid. We do it because knowing the facts puts us at peace with reality, and we suppose that the reason you're complaining about things that aren't true is because you aren't at peace, and would like to be.

What use is railing against fictional problems?
  • smkspy
    smkspy Posts: 2,024 Chairperson of the Boards
    Fictional until proven true...kinda like devs properly testing their events.
  • an1979
    an1979 Posts: 463 Mover and Shaker
    AI gets green matches on Daken's Chemical Reaction because people tend to not match green - as not to make red strike tiles for the AI.

Grab green - Daken's Chemical Reaction HURTS and all those strikes make you bleed.

Don't - AI will get cascades on green...
  • fanghoul
    fanghoul Posts: 311 Mover and Shaker
    I wish every time I used Daken and fire Chemical Reaction I always got a green match, if not 2. It is so tiring watching the AI get a cascade every single time he fires that ability. Why does that not happen when I play him?

How about in exchange for that, you are now required to match your own count down tiles away the same turn that you use the power icon_e_wink.gif
  • Cousin Simpson
    Cousin Simpson Posts: 1,086 Chairperson of the Boards
    Great ideas, guys. Have you thought about putting this on change.org to get more visibility?
  • SummerGlau
    SummerGlau Posts: 1,027 Chairperson of the Boards
    fanghoul wrote:

How about in exchange for that, you are now required to match your own count down tiles away the same turn that you use the power icon_e_wink.gif
    sums it up for me...as long as the ai continues to make unproductive matches and destroy its own special tiles etc, i'm fine with things as they are
  • Knaaks
    Knaaks Posts: 40 Just Dropped In
    This applies to all cascade-causing abilities. Rags' Thunderclap and Godlike Power, Juggs' Unstoppable Crash, Switch's countdown tile, Xverine...the list is endless

Regarding Scarlet Witch, I am going to start keeping track of where he blue tile goes for a week or so. I think about 50% of the time, it goes right in one of the corners. icon_redface.gif
  • monsieurmojo
    monsieurmojo Posts: 370 Mover and Shaker
    Knaaks wrote:
    This applies to all cascade-causing abilities. Rags' Thunderclap and Godlike Power, Juggs' Unstoppable Crash, Switch's countdown tile, Xverine...the list is endless

Regarding Scarlet Witch, I am going to start keeping track of where he blue tile goes for a week or so. I think about 50% of the time, it goes right in one of the corners. icon_redface.gif

I've thought about this very thing more than once. Or right in the middle of the very next yellow/green/red/non-blue match I'm about to make. Or it pops into four consecutive blue matches, never yielding the purple.
  • spiderpool
    spiderpool Posts: 76 Match Maker
    She-hulk too. With her pvp coming up it will be so much fun watching the enemy She-hulk constantly drain my strongest and most needed colors while mine drains them of a pool they don't need and she steals my strongest special tiles while i steal their weakest special tiles.

Of course any special tiles I need will appear at the bottom of the screen where her red will destroy them and theirs will pop up at the top where they are safe my She-hulk smash.
  • peteer01
    peteer01 Posts: 43 Just Dropped In
    smkspy wrote:
    Fictional until proven true...kinda like devs properly testing their events.
    Everyone knows the devs don't test their code! That's our job!

New events are buggy, balance is iffy at best, devs break new and old code at random, the RNG is anything but, and the game is a massive grind of a time suck. If support didn't suck, I'd surprisingly still enjoy the game...but hey, that's the game we choose to play. (For whatever reason)
  • WelcomeDeath
    WelcomeDeath Posts: 349 Mover and Shaker
    edited December 2016
    ....the AI never saves up to fire combo powers (like falcap yellow then red, for example), matches all of its own special tiles, cant recognize an L shaped match 5, and loses 99% of the time. Why people complain the 1% of the time the AI gets a lucky cascade and they actually lose....I will never know. Let's be honest, if the AI *always* got ridiculous cascades that generate a ton of AP, you'd never win a match (except for the fact that it will never fire the same power twice in one turn, that might save you), and you'd quit the game, just like people have quit when faced with a not win scenario (im thinking galactus 1, ultron 2, boss rush). If it was really always this way, the game would have a much smaller playerbase.

Edit: regarding Switch. If she really always put the countdown in the corner, nobody would ever use her as a battery for purple.
  • ClydeFrog76
    ClydeFrog76 Posts: 1,350 Chairperson of the Boards
    Knaaks wrote:

Came in to post this exact same thing. Corners, or at the sides surrounded by special tiles so nothing happens.

I'm sure her Arcane Incantation code is just an elaborate troll by the devs.
  • fanghoul
    fanghoul Posts: 311 Mover and Shaker
    ....the AI never saves up to fire combo powers (like falcap yellow then red, for example), matches all of its own special tiles, cant recognize an L shaped match 5, and loses 99% of the time. Why people complain the 1% of the time the AI gets a lucky cascade and they actually lose....I will never know. Let's be honest, if the AI *always* got ridiculous cascades that generate a ton of AP, you'd never win a match (except for the fact that it will never fire the same power twice in one turn, that might save you), and you'd quit the game, just like people have quit when faced with a not win scenario (im thinking galactus 1, ultron 2, boss rush). If it was really always this way, the game would have a much smaller playerbase.

I guess this is also where I always get confused. There's something of an underpants gnome theory of game design required to think the game is deliberately making these combos, where the devs plan was:

1) Design an abysmally stupid AI for playing a match 3 game.
    2) Wildly overcompensate for AI stupidity by designing elaborate cheating algorithm for AI.
    3) ????
    4) Profits!

The developers don't need to write a cheating algorithm that would piss everyone off if they wanted to drain your health packs and make the game more difficult. They'd just need to have the game play in a less obviously stupid manner.