Baby Groot

Dormammu
Dormammu Posts: 3,531 Chairperson of the Boards
edited December 2016 in MPQ General Discussion
I just saw the trailer for Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2 and even though I'm new-character'd out I desperately want a 4* Baby Groot!

Edit: Not sure what they could use for a cover tho. This was the closest I could find.

C120599.jpg

Comments

• acescracked
    acescracked Posts: 1,197 Chairperson of the Boards
    Just saw the trailer also. It looked pretty **** awesome!! Yea, baby groot gonna steal the show.
  • fanghoul
    fanghoul Posts: 311 Mover and Shaker
    And one of his powers has to be "The Death Button"
  • Mitchjewitz
    Mitchjewitz Posts: 84 Match Maker
    Honestly a 1^ promotional char would be amazing! Or 2*
  • Hendross
    Hendross Posts: 762 Critical Contributor
    How about a 2-star with a "grow" power which turns into the 3-star variant.
  • Dragon_Nexus
    Dragon_Nexus Posts: 3,701 Chairperson of the Boards
    I just want his moves to be.
    "I am Groot..."
    "I am Groot?"
    and
    "I am Groot!"
  • blargrx
    blargrx Posts: 150 Tile Toppler
    fanghoul wrote:

I feel like this should be like dp whales, you have to build up points before you can press the "death button"
  • Dragon_Nexus
    Dragon_Nexus Posts: 3,701 Chairperson of the Boards
    blargrx wrote:
    fanghoul wrote:

I feel like this should be like dp whales, you have to build up points before you can press the "death button"

I want it to be like Sentry's green...only there's a countdown timer on every basic tile and it's a 10 turn timer.
    If at the end there are, say, 10 or more timers left, you blow up the enemy team and win.
    If there are 5 -10, they all blow up and reduce the enemy's current HP by half.
    4 or fewer they blow up for 800 damage each to the enemy team.

Numbers pulled from the air, of course...10 or more is probably too lenient.
  • Seasick Pirate
    Seasick Pirate Posts: 280 Mover and Shaker
    4* Rocket & Groot, and put baby Groot on Rocket's shoulder. Powers can be "Death Button," "[another movie reference TBD]", and "I am Groot"– which might be a damage dealer this time?
  • Polares
    Polares Posts: 2,643 Chairperson of the Boards
    Well, we already have all Guardians in game, and they will certainly want to promote the movie, so It makes a lot of sense when the new movie comes to get Baby Groot as a 4 (or maybe as a 5).

I also expect Baby Groot to do amazingly well in merchandise.

So, I would say this is a given. Expect him in May.

PS: Are we going to still get more 4s in five months from now? I know stars are just rarity, nothing related with power, but he makes more sense as a 4...
  • Berserk_Al
    Berserk_Al Posts: 411 Mover and Shaker
    Maybe baby Groot as a 2*, for the new players. And a 4* Mantis.
  • smoq84
    smoq84 Posts: 421 Mover and Shaker
    I think they could have a technical problem with introducing new separate Groot or Rocket because obviously none of them should be possible to team up with 3* Groot&Rocket. And this works by checking the name of the character so they would have to change this mechanism first.
    By creating Groot&Rocket duo they kind of blocked possibility of separating those characters icon_razz.gif
  • Dormammu
    Dormammu Posts: 3,531 Chairperson of the Boards
    smoq84 wrote:
    I think they could have a technical problem with introducing new separate Groot or Rocket because obviously none of them should be possible to team up with 3* Groot&Rocket. And this works by checking the name of the character so they would have to change this mechanism first.
    By creating Groot&Rocket duo they kind of blocked possibility of separating those characters icon_razz.gif
    I don't think this is an insurmountable problem to code into the game. icon_e_wink.gif
  • bbigler
    bbigler Posts: 2,111 Chairperson of the Boards
    I think it would be cool if a 4* Baby Groot had an automatic CD tile (like Switch, Cho) and everytime it goes off, he gets bigger and stronger, meaning his level goes up (like being boosted). For example, when his CD tile goes off, he gains 50 levels each time. So, when he's grown to level 400+, you can deliver the final death blow to win the match. He would max out at level 550 though, but that would be a great option to have for certain battles. A character that gets stronger as the battle goes on. Good for boss battles or wave nodes.
  • IamTheDanger
    IamTheDanger Posts: 1,093 Chairperson of the Boards
    I want it to be like Sentry's green...only there's a countdown timer on every basic tile and it's a 10 turn timer.
    If at the end there are, say, 10 or more timers left, you blow up the enemy team and win.
    If there are 5 -10, they all blow up and reduce the enemy's current HP by half.
    4 or fewer they blow up for 800 damage each to the enemy team.

Numbers pulled from the air, of course...10 or more is probably too lenient.

That sounds like a pretty good idea. More mechanics like Kaecillius. The only thing is that Magneto would have to be locked out. 2* Marvel Now Magneto blue ability could just blow up the board and be done with it. Toss in IM40 to generate blue and it's over in 4 - 5 moves.

With Wonder man and Ego supposedly being in the movie, I kinda want them as well. Of course if I had to pick one, then yeah, Baby Groot in his tiny little Ravager jumper. That would just be perfect.
  • pheregas
    pheregas Posts: 1,721 Chairperson of the Boards
    Seems like a good time of year to roll this back out:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fn1_6R3u4JA
  • TLCstormz
    TLCstormz Posts: 1,668
    Mantis, Nebula, Yondu, and an Ego / Kurt Russel Boss Battle are DEFINITELY COMING, to whoever said "well, we have all of the characters, already".

wut?

• DapperChewie
    DapperChewie Posts: 399 Mover and Shaker
    I just want Nebula & Thanos, as a 4* and a 5* respectively. The game needs more villains!

Baby Groot would be a great 1* or 2* though.
  • Tromb2ch2
    Tromb2ch2 Posts: 301 Mover and Shaker
    I just want Nebula & Thanos, as a 4* and a 5* respectively. The game needs more villains!
    *Cough* I think that's all I'm allowed to say on that matter?
    But yeah I totally agree more villains would be nice.
  • smoq84
    smoq84 Posts: 421 Mover and Shaker
    Dormammu wrote:
    smoq84 wrote:
    I don't think this is an insurmountable problem to code into the game. icon_e_wink.gif
    Of course not, but this is D3 so you never know icon_e_wink.gif
    And think about number of side effects and bugs after such change icon_lol.gif