Operation Pull More Next Time

chaos01
chaos01 Posts: 316 Mover and Shaker
edited December 2016 in MPQ General Discussion
In a post a while ago I was told "you get what you play for". So since then I had decided to try it out. Today since I hit the 720 cp I could buy a single cover of a five star for I would pull my legendary.

Long story short:

I had 46 cp at the time of the quote below
Hit max progression in 11 PVE = 275
Hit 575 in 16 PVP = 160
Hit 1200 in 8 PVP = 120
Got 119 cp from random subs, champ lvl, placement rewards, shield intercept & VIP

Had 21 Latest from champ rewards, completing crashes, VIP etc.

Used 350 to open LL's (14 tokens)
Used 360 to open CL's (18 tokens)

Total opened - 53 tokens.

I got exactly 4 5 stars. (2 black bolt, 1 strange, 1 banner)

Pretty close to 7.5% exactly half of what I should have gotten.

Brings my overall percentage to ~8.3%.

RNG BLOWS.

Original quote below.
Daiches wrote:
chaos01 wrote:
Sorry to see you go. RNG is literally the worst way to have progression. I'm day 864 have opened exactly 198 legendary tokens. I have 17 five star covers to show for that.

I'm day 731 and according to my records have opened 475 LTs over the last 8 seasons (counting Season XXXII and Anniversary Season Together as both were short). 73 (including 5 sold and 2 in limbo waiting on a reply from CS) of those were 5star covers. But I only have 2 max covered.

You get what you play for.

Comments

• alphabeta
    alphabeta Posts: 469 Mover and Shaker
    You consider 53 pulls to be a statistically significant sample size? I've had runs of 0/50 - its a terrible mechanic but you don't seems to see people on here complaining when they go 4/10.
  • chaos01
    Nope not saying it's significant at all. Just that if I play harder my results with RNG don't seem to change very much.

My longest stretch without a 5 was I think 72 when it was only surfer, oml, and Phoenix. So I know your pain of 50+ stretches.

In a silver lining my four stars are pretty well covered.
  • SummerGlau
    SummerGlau Posts: 1,027 Chairperson of the Boards
    i usually get a few in a row then long droughts (two in a row right now)
  • wymtime
    wymtime Posts: 3,758 Chairperson of the Boards
    I pulled8 classics the other day and got 4 5* 2 BSSM a SS and a banner. I was able to take my SS to 435 and will be able to now level my BSSM to 435. I really appreciate you taking all the bad RNG mojo for me.
  • chaos01
    wymtime wrote:
    I pulled8 classics the other day and got 4 5* 2 BSSM a SS and a banner. I was able to take my SS to 435 and will be able to now level my BSSM to 435. I really appreciate you taking all the bad RNG mojo for me.

Anything to help.
  • GuntherBlobel
    GuntherBlobel Posts: 987 Critical Contributor
    chaos01 wrote:
    RNG BLOWS.
    So, do you regret not spending the 720 HP on a single 5 * cover?
  • chaos01
    I cant believe you sullied the good memory of Operation Play Harder with this nonsense.

Operation Pull More Next Time more like it.

Pretty sure that was operation pay harder. Didn't mean to offend you. Noted and changed.
  • Daiches
    Daiches Posts: 1,252 Chairperson of the Boards
    chaos01 wrote:
    In a post a while ago I was told "you get what you play for". So since then I had decided to try it out. Today since I hit the 720 cp I could buy a single cover of a five star for I would pull my legendary.

Long story short:

I had 46 cp at the time of the quote below
    Hit max progression in 11 PVE = 275
    Hit 575 in 16 PVP = 160
    Hit 1200 in 8 PVP = 120
    Got 119 cp from random subs, champ lvl, placement rewards, shield intercept & VIP

Had 21 Latest from champ rewards, completing crashes, VIP etc.

Used 350 to open LL's (14 tokens)
    Used 360 to open CL's (18 tokens)

Total opened - 53 tokens.

I got exactly 4 5 stars. (2 black bolt, 1 strange, 1 banner)

Pretty close to 7.5% exactly half of what I should have gotten.

Brings my overall percentage to ~8.3%.

RNG BLOWS.

Original quote below.
    Daiches wrote:
    chaos01 wrote:
    Sorry to see you go. RNG is literally the worst way to have progression. I'm day 864 have opened exactly 198 legendary tokens. I have 17 five star covers to show for that.

I'm day 731 and according to my records have opened 475 LTs over the last 8 seasons (counting Season XXXII and Anniversary Season Together as both were short). 73 (including 5 sold and 2 in limbo waiting on a reply from CS) of those were 5star covers. But I only have 2 max covered.

You get what you play for.

I'll add my stats to that then for the same period.

Season 9 total: 12/71
    9 Season total: 85/545 including 5 sold

Season 10 so far: 7/44 (including 0/16 on Latest)
    Total for now: 92/589 including 5 sold.

So opened 115 tokens vs your 53, 19 vs 4 opened. If you had been in a luckier streak, and got the expected 8, that would be normal spread.

You got unlucky in pulls, but my point still stands. You earned less than half the tokens I did in the same time frame. Therefore smaller sample size to even out pulls.

Aes said it well: Pull More Next Time.
  • HaywireII
    HaywireII Posts: 568 Critical Contributor
    Since they changed the legendary tokens to have a 15% chance of giving a 5* cover:

17 Five Star covers out of 160 legendary tokens for a 10.6% pull rate. My sample size is stalled because I don't have enough iso to keep up with champing max covered 4*'s so about 30 more tokens waiting to be opened.
  • fmftint
    fmftint Posts: 3,653 Chairperson of the Boards
    Can I play?
    Lifetime I'm 68-649 (2 sold)
    28-317 on 10% tokens (8.8%)
    40-332 on 15% tokens (12.0%)

Currently on a 0-21 streak, 1-35
  • thisone
    thisone Posts: 655 Critical Contributor
    I'd just hoard until the day they fix the 5* tier. Worst case scenario they never do, then at least you will have saved enough you can pull from latest enough to cover the 3 5* in there.

I think this is the way to go from here on out.
  • dr tinykittylove
    dr tinykittylove Posts: 1,459 Chairperson of the Boards
    I honestly have no idea how people track their cp/lt earnings. I just pull as I get them or a handful at a time. /no impulse control
  • Daiches
    Daiches Posts: 1,252 Chairperson of the Boards
    I honestly have no idea how people track their cp/lt earnings. I just pull as I get them or a handful at a time. /no impulse control

I just note it in Notes every time I pull (which is every time I get to 20CP or any time I get a Latest LT), then count end of season.
  • Hendross
    Hendross Posts: 762 Critical Contributor
    Anyone else feel fooled by the title? I thought I was doing something wrong.
  • HaywireII
    HaywireII Posts: 568 Critical Contributor

I just put it in an Excel spreadsheet every time I open one, it only takes a few seconds. I started doing it because I was thinking "There's no way I'm pulling a 5* from 10% of my legendary tokens". Turns out I wasn't back then. Not pulling 15% now either.
  • UNC_Samurai
    UNC_Samurai Posts: 402 Mover and Shaker
    The problem of 5* imbalance will continue until they become progression rewards in CL 9/10.
  • fmftint
    fmftint Posts: 3,653 Chairperson of the Boards
    I play on a Note5 so it's as easy as pull out my spen and write it down
  • Hendross
    Hendross Posts: 762 Critical Contributor

Google Forms + Spreadsheet

Currently @ 13.75% after 170 pulls
  • mpqr7
    mpqr7 Posts: 2,642 Chairperson of the Boards
    I also just pull immediately and can't hoard yet. I would say I mostly pull 4*s. But at one point, I pulled three 5* caps in just one week. So there was that.
  • fanghoul
    fanghoul Posts: 311 Mover and Shaker
    edited December 2016
    God, it's so annoying. I just pulled three tokens, on the off chance that I could get another 4* cover I need, and instead I end up with 2 more 5* characters I need to roster. I don't have the HP to do that at the moment!

Edit:
    Damnit! I decided to pull one more token, because what's the worst thing that could happen?

Yep, another new 5* to roster.