More logical 3-star champion rewards

loslupus77
loslupus77 Posts: 38 Just Dropped In
edited December 2016 in MPQ General Discussion
Now that Medusa has been introduced as a new character, we currently have seven 4*s (excluding special characters Devil Dinosaur and Howard the Duck) without any 3*s feeding them with champion reward covers. Yet at the same time we seven 4*s who have two feeders. So should the devs put one and one together and combine those 3*s with 4*s? Assuming there are logical combinations, of course they should. Currently we have several brain farts such as Kamala Kahn feeding 4Thor and Vision feeding 4Clops (really, is Disney aware of this? Disney-property in same conjunction with Fox-property. Blasphemy, I say) So, without further ado, here are my ideas for more logical 3*/4*-combos

Blade --> Blade
This is the most obvious case and there really is no reason why this didn't happen the instance 4Blade was introduced.

Deadpool --> Gwenpool
You can't deny the poolean-connection and both are (apparently) funny characters who are aware that they are in a comic. Yeah, it would break up the even more natural Deadpool-Deadpool-combo but at least Psylocke goes along rather nicely with X-Force-version of Deadpool.

She-Hulk --> Spider-Woman
Both are female variants of their (better-known) male versions. And both are (or have been) Avengers (to be fair, so has almost every Marvel-character)

Vision --> Wasp
Well, they both are long-time Avengers... and part of MCU.

Kamala Kahn --> Medusa
Both are Inhumans (and have long hair).

That leaves Agent Venom and Spider-Gwen and available 3*s are Colossus (or Patch) from XFW-family tree and Daken/Ragnarok from X23-lineage. Maybe Daken with Agent Venom, but Colossus really doesn't hit any chord with Spider-Gwen, so maybe it's best to leave them for future.

So here are my ideas. If anyone else has better suggestions, let the community know it.

Comments

• They could release Gorgon as a 3* and sync him up with Medusa for rewards. Also, do we have the same number of 4's and 3's? (excluding DD and Howard). I wonder if Medusa will be the last of the 4's and they start working on making 5's more accessible and bringing 4's to DDQ. icon_e_smile.gif
  • bbigler
    bbigler Posts: 2,111 Chairperson of the Boards
    I don't care if they sync up with similar characters, just that they remove the dups and reassign to the new ones.
  • Orion
    Orion Posts: 1,295 Chairperson of the Boards
    No! Go the other way! I need more feeders for my Totally Awesome Hulk champion!
  • SummerGlau
    SummerGlau Posts: 1,027 Chairperson of the Boards
    Daken and X-23 makes sense because they both have Logan DNA...the Ragnarok thing makes sense only because both he and X-23 are clones
    but why do both give X-23 Green Covers first which is the power I have maxed?
  • GurlBYE
    GurlBYE Posts: 1,218 Chairperson of the Boards
    Mercalla wrote:
    They could release Gorgon as a 3* and sync him up with Medusa for rewards. Also, do we have the same number of 4's and 3's? (excluding DD and Howard). I wonder if Medusa will be the last of the 4's and they start working on making 5's more accessible and bringing 4's to DDQ. icon_e_smile.gif

There are currently 41 4 stars and more are coming

41 3's and he's the first in over a year and he's a counterpart to a 5. (like medusa might be, i've noticed her introduced in game as 4 star medusa)
  • STOPTHIS
    STOPTHIS Posts: 781 Critical Contributor
    Deadpool giving Gwenpool isn't logical at all. Nor is having Psylocke give Deadpool. Just have Psylocke give Gwenpool.

If you need a "logical" reason: Psylocke was in Exiles, a book about hoping into different universes, which Gwenpool did.
  • SummerGlau
    STOPTHIS wrote:
    Deadpool giving Gwenpool isn't logical at all. Nor is having Psylocke give Deadpool. Just have Psylocke give Gwenpool.

If you need a "logical" reason: Psylocke was in Exiles, a book about hoping into different universes, which Gwenpool did.
    both Psylocke and Deadpool were part of Uncanny X Force
  • STOPTHIS
    STOPTHIS Posts: 781 Critical Contributor
    STOPTHIS wrote:

So? Quicksilver is in Uncanny Avengers with Deadpool, maybe QS should give Deadpool? It's silly. 3*s should give their 4* counterparts, anything else is up for grabs as far as I care.
  • StarScream
    StarScream Posts: 147 Tile Toppler
    Instead of arguing who should give what and who should be with who, just give me all the covers. Simple. Problem solved.
  • SummerGlau
    STOPTHIS wrote:
    STOPTHIS wrote:

So? Quicksilver is in Uncanny Avengers with Deadpool, maybe QS should give Deadpool? It's silly. 3*s should give their 4* counterparts, anything else is up for grabs as far as I care.
    I was merely explaining the logic behind Psylocke yielding a Deadpool Cover
  • vinsensual
    vinsensual Posts: 458 Mover and Shaker
    Do they usually make these champ reward re-alignments during the offseason? Besides the obvious Blade -> Modern Blade change I can't offer any other suggestions. It didn't make much sense to me to give Nova to Dr. Strang3, so I was assuming they're just filling in the blanks. I'm just sitting here with a few guys at 182 hoping things change before I have to start selling 3* covers or 4* dupes.
  • Calnexin
    Calnexin Posts: 1,078 Chairperson of the Boards
    loslupus77 wrote:
    Deadpool --> Gwenpool
    You can't deny the poolean-connection and both are (apparently) funny characters who are aware that they are in a comic. Yeah, it would break up the even more natural Deadpool-Deadpool-combo but at least Psylocke goes along rather nicely with X-Force-version of Deadpool.

Deadpool currently goes to Deadpool. I don't think that should change.

I agree with the rest of it. I don't see a good solution for the unpaired characters, either. I would think Colossus would fit best with XFW, PX, or possibly a future Magik, Rogue, Northstar, or Shadowcat. Right now there's not a good fit. Rags doesn't have a good fit, either. He was a one-shot character in the Dark Avengers storyline, not really related to anyone but Thor. Maybe if 4* Deathlok comes around, they'd have the cybernetic theme in common.

Daken->X23 fits, both being "offspring" of Logan.
  • Calnexin
    Calnexin Posts: 1,078 Chairperson of the Boards
    vinsensual wrote:
    Do they usually make these champ reward re-alignments during the offseason? Besides the obvious Blade -> Modern Blade change I can't offer any other suggestions. It didn't make much sense to me to give Nova to Dr. Strang3, so I was assuming they're just filling in the blanks. I'm just sitting here with a few guys at 182 hoping things change before I have to start selling 3* covers or 4* dupes.

They don't make these changes often, and since they did so recently I doubt we're going to see another realignment within the next few months. It's probably better to take the current rewards. Your sitting covers will likely expire before they make those changes.
  • Dimh
    Dimh Posts: 50 Match Maker
    Having so many duplicates just never made sense to me in the first place (other than 3s outnumbering 4s). Not keeping up with new characters feels lazy, or it feels weak. There is such a hands off mentality from the devs, I don't quite understand it. It's like the devs are terrified to hurt a players feelings or make them feel left out, so they won't make a 'Quality of Life' upgrade for the rest of the player base.
  • CNash
    CNash Posts: 952 Critical Contributor
    The recent change to 3* champion rewards was polarising. On one hand, you had those who welcomed the change - mainly as they hadn't reached 183 with some of the changed characters and wanted the new rewards more than the old ones. Then on the other hand, you had people who were at 182 and were looking forward to the old reward, only to have it yanked from their grasp - along with people who really would've liked the new reward, except they're long past 183 and 223 is a far-off goal (not to mention that they'll only get two of the new one instead of three).

Plus, it's a little confusing. I looked at my Sentry's champion rewards and was confused as I'd gotten him past 183 and yet never received a Moon Knight cover (I don't have him rostered). Then I remembered that I'd actually gotten a Red Hulk from him, as that was the original reward.
  • vinsensual
    vinsensual Posts: 458 Mover and Shaker
    I think the changes were well received. I would bet the majority of complaints came from Iron Fist being changed to feed Kate Bishop instead of Hulkbuster, the others were mid tier characters who would only matter to people as niche favorites. Unless you're a big Moon Knight fan, you were probably glad you got a Red Hulk cover. On the plus side, Captain Marvel saw a huge boost in getting champed across rosters because she gave Peggy instead of Thing.