Quicksilver vs. Quicksilver SUPERSONIC bug?

[Deleted User]
[Deleted User] Posts: 0 Just Dropped In
Playing the PVP event with Quicksilver.
Everytime i trigger the Supersonic attack by locking 4 tiles,
it attacks my team instead of enemy team. A bug, or me doing it wrong?
Lost several battles because of this.

Comments

• JONofWAR
    JONofWAR Posts: 21 Just Dropped In
    mexus wrote:
    Playing the PVP event with Quicksilver.
    Everytime i trigger the Supersonic attack by locking 4 tiles,
    it attacks my team instead of enemy team. A bug, or me doing it wrong?
    Lost several battles because of this.

I've noticed it depends on who matches the blue tile whenever the 4+ tiles are locked.

For example: Let's say there are 4 locked tiles and the player makes a match. The player will activate the ability, do the damage, clear the locked tiles, then the computer will make a locked tile.
  • Jaedenkaal
    Jaedenkaal Posts: 3,357 Chairperson of the Boards
    The "Active Player"s abilities trigger first.
    That means in a mirror match, on your turn, your supersonic will deal damage if, before a blue match, there are already 4 locked team-up tiles. Then your opponent's will trigger and lock a team up tile

On your opponents turn, your supersonic will deal damage if, before a blue match, there are already 3 locked team up tiles.

You can use this to your advantage if you 'bait' them to make a blue match with 3 locked tiles already out, but don't fall into the same trap yourself icon_e_smile.gif

The same is true of all triggered passives, incidentally, which can come up say in a Daken mirror match when a green match is made and there are fewer than 4 Red basic tiles on the board.
  • guzktgui
    guzktgui Posts: 35 Just Dropped In
    The reason I'm here is because I think there is a bug. There where 3 tiles locked and I used QS black power to make a blue match, BOOM. The other team hit me and it was still my turn.
  • bluewolf
    bluewolf Posts: 5,714 Chairperson of the Boards
    I just had an instance where I matched 5 blue to create the 4th locked Teamup tile. The other team hit me with Supersonic. Still my turn. There's a bug.

Edit: I realized that it's not a bug, just very counterintuitive. The passive triggers for the matching team, then the other team, which resulted in the 5th effect aka Supersonic.
  • Skrofa
    Skrofa Posts: 388 Mover and Shaker
    guzktgui wrote:
    The reason I'm here is because I think there is a bug. There where 3 tiles locked and I used QS black power to make a blue match, BOOM. The other team hit me and it was still my turn.

So you had 3 locked. Made a blue match. Your quicksilver goes first thus creating the 4th locked. After that, enemy quicksilver goes second thus creating the 5th locked and activating the ability
  • BlackSheep101
    BlackSheep101 Posts: 2,025 Chairperson of the Boards
    Just to clarify, creating a 5th locked TU tile is not what triggers Supersonic. You need to trigger QS blue with 4 or more locked TU tiles.
  • Jaedenkaal
    Jaedenkaal Posts: 3,357 Chairperson of the Boards
    Just to clarify, creating a 5th locked TU tile is not what triggers Supersonic. You need to trigger QS blue with 4 or more locked TU tiles.

Which, to clarify further, means that either team needs to make a Blue match, with a power, or by actually using their move. In a Quicksilver vs Quicksilver battle, both will trigger.

This does mean that the AI can trigger the damage portion of Supersonic on your turn if there are exactly 3 Team-Up tiles already locked before the Blue match is made, as I mentioned above.
  • Xzasxz
    Xzasxz Posts: 124 Tile Toppler
    Not a bug. Regardles of whose turn it is and whoever matches blue, passive is triggered when at least 4 TU tiles are locked and the additional one is created by matching blue. Then all the locked TUs reset. So if it is QS vs QS it is not possible that they both fire from the same match. The whole idea of such a match is to prepare 3 TU locked and wait for the AI to match blue ...
  • SirLanik
    SirLanik Posts: 345 Mover and Shaker
    Since their passives trigger in order, having 3 on the field then you getting hit is correct.
    3 on board, then your Quicksilver makes a 4th, then the enemy passive fires and since there is now four, it deals damage.
  • Dayv
    Dayv Posts: 4,449 Chairperson of the Boards
    This actually makes for one of the most strategic skill interactions in the game. You might need to skip a blue match because you know it will trigger the enemy, or match away one of the locked tiles so that if the enemy makes a blue match, it will fire your AoE instead of theirs.

It's coded in a perfectly fair and logical way, once you understand it.

And there are other ways to use his skills to keep control as well: use his black to make a blue match, and then make another blue match to go from two locked to four locked and then fire the AoE in a single turn. Use his green to add an additional locked tile to go from three to four and then make a blue match to fire the damage. Use either of these to hand the AI three locked tiles and leave out a tasty blue match-4 that you know it can't resist while you do another match above it.

He's one of the most player-friendly characters once you work out the interactions. The AI will never plan ahead the way a player can.
  • huktonfonix
    huktonfonix Posts: 214 Tile Toppler
    DayvBang wrote:
    This actually makes for one of the most strategic skill interactions in the game. You might need to skip a blue match because you know it will trigger the enemy, or match away one of the locked tiles so that if the enemy makes a blue match, it will fire your AoE instead of theirs.

It's coded in a perfectly fair and logical way, once you understand it.

And there are other ways to use his skills to keep control as well: use his black to make a blue match, and then make another blue match to go from two locked to four locked and then fire the AoE in a single turn. Use his green to add an additional locked tile to go from three to four and then make a blue match to fire the damage. Use either of these to hand the AI three locked tiles and leave out a tasty blue match-4 that you know it can't resist while you do another match above it.

He's one of the most player-friendly characters once you work out the interactions. The AI will never plan ahead the way a player can.

Or you can do like me, and leave them a "trap" of 3 locked tiles and a blue match, but forget to account for the locked tile discount on green when checking their green AP. Then watch them fire green, match blue, and blow you up with your own trap. I did that more times than I'd like to admit in QS pvp.