76K ISO Gain in 1 day!.......without selling characters

bbigler
bbigler Posts: 2,111 Chairperson of the Boards
edited December 2016 in MPQ General Discussion
Today was unusual for me, after playing DDQ, getting event rewards and then opening tokens from the last 24 hrs, then getting champ rewards for any gained covers in the last 24 hrs, plus a new Shield Level reward of 27,500 ISO, my total ISO gain since yesterday was about 76,000 ISO!

Lately, I've been gaining between 30,000 and 40,000 ISO per day, which I think is high for most players. But I'm also playing PvE and PvP for top 50 rewards, which takes several hours a day. I also gain about 400 HP per day and 15 CP per day. I've stopped spending CP on Classic Legend tokens because I'm getting enough 4* covers in other ways. I would like to know if you all get the same gains per day as I do.

Before Intercepts, I was getting about 20K to 30K per day.

Comments

• ZeiramMR
    ZeiramMR Posts: 1,357 Chairperson of the Boards
    It definitely feels higher than it used to be now that there are SCLs, ad rewards, and the champion train is flowing now that 2* sellback rate is increased. I think I topped around 20k a day back at the beginning of the day on a Lightning Round day.
  • Jarvind
    Jarvind Posts: 1,684 Chairperson of the Boards
    I'm definitely raking in a consistent 25-30k per day. A lot of it is the intercepts (I have VIP so no ads), plus the better placement rewards from SCL8. It's nice to get a 4* cover and not have to toss it because I don't have 200k+ banked already.
  • BigRussian
    BigRussian Posts: 166 Tile Toppler
    Normal days for me are anywhere from 15-20k per day. With all the recent changes I am definitely much happier about the more consistent flow of iso8.pngicon_e_biggrin.gif
  • Calnexin
    Calnexin Posts: 1,078 Chairperson of the Boards
    I'd say mine around 10-15k/day with normal activities. About once a week I get 62k from the 2* farm and 30k from CL level, but the 62k usually gets dumped right back into the farm, so the true average is probably ~ 15-20k.
  • bbigler
    Calnexin wrote:
    I'd say mine around 10-15k/day with normal activities. About once a week I get 62k from the 2* farm and 30k from CL level, but the 62k usually gets dumped right back into the farm, so the true average is probably ~ 15-20k.

I have a suggestion for your 2* farm which would appear to give you an ISO boost every time you sell a character:

0. Level up your 2*s on a daily basis until they no longer need ISO (max leveled, champed)
    1. When a 2* reaches level 144, don't sell, but start collecting covers for the next 2 weeks
    2. Just before the oldest cover expires, sell the character, re-recruit them, apply all covers in queue, and max level them using about 30K - 35K ISO
    3. You then have 30K - 35K Extra ISO for that day
    4. Over the next week or two you'll get more covers for that new 2*, apply them and provide 3K ISO per day until champed again.
    5. After 10 days, the new 2* will be champed again
    6. Once that champion reaches level 144 again, repeat

I like this method because if the 2* I just sold is required in PvE, it would be around level 70 and somewhat useful instead of level 15 and useless. The 3K ISO I give per day for 10 days to level up the 2* comes back to me when I sell it. So, it's like putting money into a savings account and pulling it out in a lump sum later.
  • We need to lock this thread ASAP. Don't for a second let them think we are getting too much iso icon_e_wink.gif
  • bbigler
    We need to lock this thread ASAP. Don't for a second let them think we are getting too much iso icon_e_wink.gif

LOL! But in my defense, I hit the ISO jackpot today, normally it's a grueling grind of slow accumulation.
  • Warbringa
    Warbringa Posts: 1,299 Chairperson of the Boards
    Would sure be nice to be able to get intercepts......and all those rewards.... icon_cry.gif

It is one major reason I have basically quit playing the game (other than 10 minutes a day for DDQ)...the fact most people I am playing against get around 5000k iso worth of rewards for free per day basically made my decision for me.
  • TLCstormz
    TLCstormz Posts: 1,668
    Must be nice to farm 2*s at that rate..........
  • SummerGlau
    SummerGlau Posts: 1,027 Chairperson of the Boards
    every time i farm 2 star champs i like to champion different 2's
    obviously, as i champion more three stars i gain more iso and that's 18 characters i won't be spending that precious purple commodity on anymore
  • GurlBYE
    GurlBYE Posts: 1,218 Chairperson of the Boards
    How are you earning 15 cp a day

Also yeah this comes off as very FREE*

*excepts costs $X.XX!

Yeah if you spend that many hours I'd hope you get iso out.

I think the goal for iso is for most to see something closer to that without needing shield etc and the people who grind out to hit 100k's +.
  • Jabrony_Geoff
    Jabrony_Geoff Posts: 378 Mover and Shaker
    bbigler wrote:
    Today was unusual for me, after playing DDQ, getting event rewards and then opening tokens from the last 24 hrs, then getting champ rewards for any gained covers in the last 24 hrs, plus a new Shield Level reward of 27,500 ISO, my total ISO gain since yesterday was about 76,000 ISO!

Lately, I've been gaining between 30,000 and 40,000 ISO per day, which I think is high for most players. But I'm also playing PvE and PvP for top 50 rewards, which takes several hours a day. I also gain about 400 HP per day and 15 CP per day. I've stopped spending CP on Classic Legend tokens because I'm getting enough 4* covers in other ways. I would like to know if you all get the same gains per day as I do.

Before Intercepts, I was getting about 20K to 30K per day.

Sounds like a bug to me. Looks like you are getting double ISO.
    Report yourself immediately to the powers that be.
  • GrimSkald
    GrimSkald Posts: 2,580 Chairperson of the Boards
    I tracked my Iso a while back (early this year, I think?) and came out to an average of 27K a day. My max was around 37k on Wednesdays.

I haven't tracked my Iso recently, but I strongly suspect it is noticeably higher. The higher tier rewards add up, and the Shield Intercepts average around 5K Iso a day.
  • smoq84
    smoq84 Posts: 421 Mover and Shaker
    I'm not checking my iso incomes by daily basis, but from few months I'm championing in average one 4* and one 2* every 2 weeks which costs me about 400k iso. So it gives around 28k ISO per day (in average, including all sources of iso like champion rewards, shield ranks, selling covers, intercepts, 2* re-championing, VIP, etc.)
  • Calnexin
    Calnexin Posts: 1,078 Chairperson of the Boards
    bbigler wrote:
    0. Level up your 2*s on a daily basis until they no longer need ISO (max leveled, champed)
    1. When a 2* reaches level 144, don't sell, but start collecting covers for the next 2 weeks
    2. Just before the oldest cover expires, sell the character, re-recruit them, apply all covers in queue, and max level them using about 30K - 35K ISO
    3. You then have 30K - 35K Extra ISO for that day
    4. Over the next week or two you'll get more covers for that new 2*, apply them and provide 3K ISO per day until champed again.
    5. After 10 days, the new 2* will be champed again
    6. Once that champion reaches level 144 again, repeat

Thanks for the advice, but my farm isn't exactly in danger. I'm maintaining between 300-600k Iso - enough to champ the next 4* 14th cover I get, and boost levels of any 2* on the rise. There's some benefit to saving covers, in that you have more time to build before covers expire. In my experience, 2* covers are so prolific that there's little danger in flipping the character right away. By the time you get 5 covers in one, you've got 2 weeks to amass 8 covers in the other two, which is usually plenty of time.

Eg, I'm sitting on 7 Ms. Marvel covers right now, waiting on one more black. I'd bet dollars to doughnuts I'll get that last cover (and maybe a few more of the other colors) before it expires in 8 days.
    I like this method because if the 2* I just sold is required in PvE, it would be around level 70 and somewhat useful instead of level 15 and useless.

This is a good point. If I know a 2* I've maxed is coming up in the next PvE, I'll refrain and hold covers until the event ends. They don't usually do much, anyway, but a little extra oomph can change a match from a loss to a win. By which I mean OML can keep healing at max after an AoE.
  • bbigler
    GurlBYE wrote:
    How are you earning 15 cp a day

My average gain is about 16 CP per day, which is about 113 CP in a week. I'm not buying Starks if that's what you're thinking. Here's the breakdown:

In 1 Normal Week:
    PvE Event 1 Progression Rewards = 25 CP
    PvE Event 1 Node Rewards = 2 CP
    PvE Event 2 Progression Rewards = 25 CP
    PvE Event 2 Node Rewards = 2 CP
    PvP Event 1 Progression Reward at 575 pts = 10 CP
    PvP Event 2 Progression Reward at 575 pts = 10 CP
    2* Champion Rewards = 6 CP
    VIP Reward = 3 CP
    Alliance Members making purchases = 30 pts (this past week I got 60 pts from my alliance)

So, the bulk of command points are coming from PvE and purchases by Alliance members. In the past 5 days I've gained 147 command points!