Changes PVP matchups

Freehuey24
Freehuey24 Posts: 18
D3 Devs,

There needs to be some kind of change in the way points are gained and lost in PVP battles. It seems to be getting to the point that players are not intentionally staying low for the duration of the event for the sole basis of stealing points from certain players or groups.

I think one way to mitigate this is changing the retaliation point output. If somebody with a lower score attacks somebody higher, the higher score should be able to get those points back for that retaliation node only. Retaling for 5 points is a waste of time for a person who takes the time for two days in building their score and positioning.

If the fear is that lower characters will not want to climb, then if a higher score retals to recover their lost points, you can either still make the hit work 5 to the lower score, or by some percentage of the points that was recovered by higher score.

This current system and way others are using it is starting to taint the game in my opinion. There is no reason that when I start my battles in PVP, that I can find people when I am at 500 points and they are at 1500 points. I do think it is unfair to those who really dedicate in trying to improve their score. And there is no real penalty to if the low score loses the match. If i win I steal 70 points but if I lose the battle then I only lose 1 point.

Thank you for your time.

Sincerely,

McGhee, Jeffrey D.

Comments

• Lampo
    Lampo Posts: 121 Tile Toppler
    Well, then after you win a couple 70-points matches, and you rate higher, the next time you lose, you lose 20 points, not 3.