reducing the cost to buy covers with cp

Mr_Sinister
Mr_Sinister Posts: 356 Mover and Shaker
edited December 2016 in MPQ General Discussion
I haven't deeply considered the ramifications, but if colorless covers aren't happening any time soon why not lower the cost to add covers? I feel this should have happened already for every tier (5* included). You'd still need the color to buy it, but at least it gives an acceptable manner to get out of the 5 5 2 cover distribution should we pull another dup. The current prices are absurd. 120cp should a 5* cover, not a 4* and 3* should be at least half of what it is right now.

Comments

• Meander
    Meander Posts: 267 Mover and Shaker
    120 seems low for a 5, because that's basically guaranteeing a 5* at the price of 6 pulls. 200-250 seems a good compromise
  • Bondidude
    Bondidude Posts: 46 Just Dropped In
    When you consider it the prices for 3* and 4* ARE rather fair. If you have a 3* cover you can't use, then you can spend 20 CP to turn it into a Legendary Token. Especially for high end characters. Also with the influx of covers from SCL rewards (if you t100 an event and play the next you get at least 3 covers for that character in SCL 7) and DDQ once you get that first 3* cover then you can crank them out pretty quickly.

I also think that the 4* cost is also fair for those stuck in the 2/5/5 situation or some other variance of it. 120 CP may take a bit of work but is possible if you play both PVE and PVP and save it up for a week or slightly more. To get a specific cover to champ a 4* that seems reasonable, that's 6 pulls from Classic or almost 5 from Latest.

5*s on the other hand are more difficult. The pool is so diluted right now, for instance I've given up on ever having a usable OML due to RNG and never getting a yellow, that it's incredibly difficult to even get that FIRST needed cover much less the CP to add more. I'm not sure dropping the CP cost to add a cover will help much there to be honest.

Also, if it's from Latest it does seem that Customer Service has somewhat of a track record of switching out the color if you'll have to dump it.

What's REALLY frustrating though is when you're stuck in that 5/1/1 or other situation with a 4* or 5*. Just yesterday I had to dump 2 4* covers because I already had 5 covers in that color (a red for my 5/1/1 IMHB and a Yellow for my 2/5/4 Th4r). I have so many other characters that I would like to be building but this is my 7th or 8th red IMHB cover and my 6th or 7th Yellow Th4r cover. I'm still working on my 3* transition and I'm nowhere close to champing either of these but I keep getting unusable covers because of RNG. CP won't help me much there so they turn into 1000 iso tokens. Hooray! /s
  • Tony_Foot
    Tony_Foot Posts: 1,790 Chairperson of the Boards
    Current CP costs are spot on. People seem so intent on having everyone running around with 5* max covered. All you are going to do is push on a 6* game and then start the same whinge all over again. I'm a casual player right now, aim for 575 in pvp and drop and 4* progression in pve and I earn a hell of a lot of cp these days. I'd be max covering a 5* every month at your prices. Everyone would skip the 4* game and just CP every 5*.

RNG hurts us all but it's the game and better than everyone having a ton of 5*'s.
  • GurlBYE
    GurlBYE Posts: 1,218 Chairperson of the Boards
    Tony Foot wrote:
    Current CP costs are spot on. People seem so intent on having everyone running around with 5* max covered. All you are going to do is push on a 6* game and then start the same whinge all over again. I'm a casual player right now, aim for 575 in pvp and drop and 4* progression in pve and I earn a hell of a lot of cp these days. I'd be max covering a 5* every month at your prices. Everyone would skip the 4* game and just CP every 5*.

RNG hurts us all but it's the game and better than everyone having a ton of 5*'s.

That's a slippery slope fallacy. 6 will come based on the money it can provide once 5 tier is fleshed out.

people just want to not wait a year for the dice to roll in their favor.

You can already skip every tier n the game with enough cash.
  • Tony_Foot
    Tony_Foot Posts: 1,790 Chairperson of the Boards
    GurlBYE wrote:

people just want to not wait a year for the dice to roll in their favor.

You can already skip every tier n the game with enough cash.

If you can't live with the random draws, you really should find another game to play. It's not going to ever change, I don't get why people are in such a rush. The game never gets easier because of drawing 13 covers for a 5*. It's just another thing to moan about, how hard the game has got now you have a max 5* icon_e_biggrin.gif The only way it's easier is if you whale everything and sit at the top.

Yep you can skip tiers with enough cash but make a 5* 120 CP and everyone skips 4* without spending and inside of 6 months you won't find a match that doesn't have a max or two 5*.
  • Omega Red
    Omega Red Posts: 366 Mover and Shaker
    The cheaper the covers get, the faster progression becomes. The faster progression becomes, the faster the game closes shop.

Be careful what you wish for.
  • Mr_Sinister
    Mr_Sinister Posts: 356 Mover and Shaker
    Tony Foot wrote:

It doesn't hurt everyone, it hurts those that can't be whales.

720cp for a 5* cover isn't spot on, couldn't disagree more.

It would still take you years to cover max the 5* tier at reduced levels.

There are not enough 5" players. It's locked to 90%, if not more, of the player base and will continue to be because RNG is a massive barrier.

Also, what need was there to say I'm whining? Really, totally unnecessary. This wasn't an idea to skip any tiers, it's a response to duplicate covers.
  • DAC169
    DAC169 Posts: 122 Tile Toppler
    Gonna have to disagree with OP here. 5*s costing 120CP is just too ridiculously cheap. And 3* covers are plentiful enough that they don't need to be dropped to 10 or less CP. I do, however, agree that the costs are currently too high.

Personally, I'd like to see something like:
    3* existing cover - 15 CP
    3* missing cover - 25 or 30 CP
    4* existing cover - 80-100 CP
    4* missing cover - 150-160 CP
    5* existing cover - 400-500 CP
    5* missing cover - 720 CP
    I know I'm not the only one who would love to be able to buy missing covers. My X-23 is still missing purple, and Nova only recently (last time he was essential) got his 3rd cover but they're all black.
  • DapperChewie
    DapperChewie Posts: 399 Mover and Shaker
    I've bought a couple 4* covers for 120cp each (Red Hulk, Quake & the next will be Star Lord if I don't draw another yellow for him first), and I haven't regretted it at all. Having these characters champed has been a huge help for me and saving 120cp only takes a couple weeks.

I can't see myself spending 720cp on a 5* cover though, not because I don't think it's fair, but because I just have no use for 5s yet. I have 10 champed 4s and they do me just fine. Leveling my 5s would only screw with my scaling in PvP and I don't have nearly enough resources to go up against 5* teams yet. If I had an worthy 5* at 12 covers though, you bet your **** I'd save up the 720cp to get them maxed though.

It's a lot, yes. But the way it got broken down is that 725cp is 29 draws from Latest LTs, which on average would give you 4 5s, and if chance is truly random, that should give you one or two random 5s of any of the 3 specific covers. So using 720 to guarantee a specific cover that you need is going to be cheaper than trying to draw the specific one.

Yeah it sounds expensive but when you do the math its actually not the worst deal out there. The only difference is that when you spend 720 to level your 5 up, you miss out on the other 27 4s and 5s you would have drawn. So the real question is whether or not that specific 5* cover is worth not getting 27 other 4* and 5* covers.
  • The Bob The
    The Bob The Posts: 743 Critical Contributor
    I could see 500 cp being right for a 5* cover. 120 is bargain basement - you can make that in a week of hard play (50 from two PVPs + 14 from PVP nodes + 75 from PVP puts you over, and that's without VIP, champ levels, and more). 500 feels like the balance between whether you want this one 5* cover or a minimum of 25 4*s with a chance of additional random 5*s.