Please bring back the random server downs and game crashes!

Options
yunnnn
yunnnn Posts: 168 Tile Toppler
edited December 2016 in MtGPQ General Discussion
There are too many ties for #1 (perfect score) in Nodes of Power right now. (In both Gold and Plat!)

Please bring back the random server downtimes and the game crashing bugs, as this would cause more players to lose, and reduce the number of perfect scores.

I really don't want to wake up at 5am to do tiebreakers every other day. My girlfriend threatened to leave me if she hears me playing children's puzzle games in the bathroom before the sun rises. It is also very cold in the morning.

Thanks,
yun

Comments

• Deknas
    Options
    RC needs a comeback, heard it did well for itself. Should keep people on their toes and thin out.
  • Ohboy
    Ohboy Posts: 1,766 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    yunnnn wrote:
    There are too many ties for #1 (perfect score) in Nodes of Power right now. (In both Gold and Plat!)

Please bring back the random server downtimes and the game crashing bugs, as this would cause more players to lose, and reduce the number of perfect scores.

I really don't want to wake up at 5am to do tiebreakers every other day. My girlfriend threatened to leave me if she hears me playing children's puzzle games in the bathroom before the sun rises. It is also very cold in the morning.

Thanks,
    yun

It wasn't anywhere this bad last week.

Conspiracy theory:

Someone mentioned coalitions starting to soft play own members to improve score. Now more people are doing it!

I want to make a renewed plea for real pvp or at the very least, a much better AI.

Or I guess if it's that much easier to implement... Summon 100 elves.
  • majincob
    majincob Posts: 732 Critical Contributor
    Options
    It doesn't help that they collapsed everyone in platinum into one bracket instead of two.
  • Ohboy
    Options
    majincob wrote:
    It doesn't help that they collapsed everyone in platinum into one bracket instead of two.

How could you tell?

Doesn't the second bracket only start after first one fills up?
  • Steeme
    Steeme Posts: 784 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Your request has been answered. I just got a "Something went wrong" after I survived a ridiculous Kiora deck. Not happy as I earned that victory.

Anyways, with the lack of objectives, all you're going to get is perfect scores.

EC? Cry on the forums. NoP? Cry on the forums. Solution? .........
  • bk1234
    bk1234 Posts: 2,924 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Platinum has only been one bracket since I joined -- this is my 5th event there.

Bringing back RC wouldn't help -- they need to un-nerf Kiora.
  • MaxMagic420
    MaxMagic420 Posts: 126 Tile Toppler
    Options
    Lololol.....so we CAN have our cake and eat it too.
    Inb4... Yes, I'm aware the cake is a lie.
  • Irgy
    Irgy Posts: 148 Tile Toppler
    Options
    Steeme wrote:
    EC? Cry on the forums. NoP? Cry on the forums. Solution? .........

Well the forums were pretty quiet during the Darkness in the Shadows event (or whatever it's called). I don't remember even seeing anyone complain about running it twice with the same colour nodes both times (actually as silly as this was, it was quite convenient I didn't have to change my decks in between).

Clearly crying on the forums *is* the solution. I haven't seen EC once since the massive protest last time. I'm starting to miss it now, in a Stockholm Syndrome kind of a way...
  • Mutang99
    Options
    Ive had more errors this event than any for a long time. One even wiped all the matches from a node.
  • Ohboy
    Options
    Ah.

I want to give credit where credit is due.

The powers that be have heard yunnnn's requests and granted the wave of game crashes.
  • yunnnn
    yunnnn Posts: 168 Tile Toppler
    Options
    Ohboy wrote:
    Ah.

The powers that be have heard yunnnn's requests and granted the wave of game crashes.

I am the prophet of our times. icon_e_biggrin.gif
  • blacklotus
    blacklotus Posts: 589 Critical Contributor
    Options
    yunnnn wrote:
    Ohboy wrote:
    Ah.

I am the prophet of our times. icon_e_biggrin.gif

do you take offerings in runes, crystals or dupe mythic cards? icon_e_smile.gif
  • Mainloop25
    Mainloop25 Posts: 1,936 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Happy now?
  • Lost4G
    Lost4G Posts: 12
    Options
    Seems the world might be right again... And a lot of angry people are generated when the world is right.

Not sure how long this "crash" or "hotfix" has been going for but it's annoying that people who possibly plan their play times for these events around other things in their lives end up not being able to compete anymore all due to something that is no fault of their own.
  • Leaffe
    Leaffe Posts: 16
    Options
    The inability to open product + wipe all node battles on crash makes this the best hot fix ever!
  • buscemi
    buscemi Posts: 673 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Thanks for the great feedback everyone!

Maybe we could build a fire, sing a couple of songs, huh? Why don't we try that?
  • blacklotus
    blacklotus Posts: 589 Critical Contributor
    Options
    buscemi wrote:

Maybe we could build a fire, sing a couple of songs, huh? Why don't we try that?

Kumbaya?
  • Reaganstorme
    Reaganstorme Posts: 334 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    buscemi wrote:

We could burn our duplicate Mythics for fuel.
  • losdamianos
    losdamianos Posts: 429 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    meanwhile in d3 hq
    giphy.gif
  • Ohboy
    Options
    meanwhile in d3 hq
    giphy.gif

Quick someone call the devs!

0118 999 881 999 119 725