HoD progression, wave nodes fixed?

Dartmaster01
Dartmaster01 Posts: 634 Critical Contributor
edited December 2016 in MPQ General Discussion
Hey Brigby, can we get some word on if progression will be fixed for Heart of Darkness?

In the last few PVEs with wave nodes it was set way to high because assumed points for the wave nodes were figured for 4 clears and not 2. Just wondering if this will be fixed this time around considering it's a new character release.

Comments

• wymtime
    wymtime Posts: 3,758 Chairperson of the Boards
    Hey Brigby, can we get some word on if progression will be fixed for Heart of Darkness?

In the last few PVEs with wave nodes it was set way to high because assumed points for the wave nodes were figured for 4 clears and not 2. Just wondering if this will be fixed this time around considering it's a new character release.
    Brigby,
    This was a big issue for a lot of players and it would be greatly appreciated if you could get this clarified for us. This event will be a blood bath any way since it is a new release but players struggling to hit progression when they play the way we are told to achieve top progression kind of stinks.
  • MPQ_Daywalker
    MPQ_Daywalker Posts: 384 Mover and Shaker

Hearts of Darkness was fine the last time they ran it... Checking the MPQ PVE Details spreadsheet (I have no idea who keeps that updated but awesome work whoever that is), doing clears down to the timers on all nodes (so 4 clears for regular, 2 for waves), gets you 47,466 points. Full progression when HoD last ran (in September, just after Clearance Levels came into play) was 45,000.
  • Dartmaster01

Hearts of Darkness was fine the last time they ran it... Checking the MPQ PVE Details spreadsheet (I have no idea who keeps that updated but awesome work whoever that is), doing clears down to the timers on all nodes (so 4 clears for regular, 2 for waves), gets you 47,466 points. Full progression when HoD last ran (in September, just after Clearance Levels came into play) was 45,000.

This has less to do with HoD itself than the wave nodes involved. The last two events with wave nodes, the progression was figured for four full clears of wave nodes which made total progression much higher than it should have been. That's why I ask, not because HoD was messed up before.
  • Brigby
    Brigby ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 7,757 Site Admin

Hey Dartmaster01. I'll see what I can find out about the progression of wave nodes. In the meantime though, would you mind starting a new forum thread for talking about HoD. I'll move all these comments to that thread once you do. I just don't want to mix the Medusa thread with different topics, that's all.

Thanks!
  • Dartmaster01
    Just trying to figure out if wave nodes will be correctly configured for progression in HoD. Hopefully we can get some clarification before hand.
  • deadtaco
    deadtaco Posts: 409 Mover and Shaker
    Are you confusing Enemy of the State? The last run of that had screwed up scoring because they expected you to get 4 full point clears of the wave nodes, which is not possible. They ended up giving out rewards to those who scored some unknown amount after it ended.

AFAIK, the last run of HoD was easy to get because it was during that period where you could get it with less than 4 full clears.

edit : Official statement on the fiasco
  • Pongie
    Pongie Posts: 1,411 Chairperson of the Boards
    Max progress is set 3000 more points than the last run...
  • cooperbigdaddy
    cooperbigdaddy Posts: 394 Mover and Shaker

How do you know that?

(Also, who's the 2* essential for this HoD?)
  • Phumade
    Phumade Posts: 2,495 Chairperson of the Boards
    deadtaco wrote:
    Are you confusing Enemy of the State? The last run of that had screwed up scoring because they expected you to get 4 full point clears of the wave nodes, which is not possible. They ended up giving out rewards to those who scored some unknown amount after it ended.

AFAIK, the last run of HoD was easy to get because it was during that period where you could get it with less than 4 full clears.

I think what Dart really means is that he's hoping someone proof read the script parameters to make sure the right scaling model is correctly applied to each node (ie. hells kitchen mistake), progression is correctly set based on the type of node (i.e. enemy of the state mistake), no language errors in the prize table for T1 finishers (like the AV event) etc... Basic mistakes that should be detected by QA control vs fundamental programming issues that require redesign or full rework.
  • bob554
    bob554 Posts: 169 Tile Toppler
    deadtaco wrote:

I think OP was asking the question given that HoD also has wave modes, and was seeking an assurance that the problem that occurred in EotS won't reappear in HoD, notwithstanding that the last run of HoD didn't have that issue. It seems like D3 are aware of it so I would be surprised if it became an issue again.

P.S. thanks for providing the link to the official statement, I somehow missed it when it came up first time round.
  • fmftint
    fmftint Posts: 3,653 Chairperson of the Boards

How do you know that?

Looking up the thread from the last run of the event.

viewtopic.php?f=20&t=51244&hilit=hearts#p569944
  • stochasticism
    stochasticism Posts: 1,181 Chairperson of the Boards

How do you know that?

Hawkeye
  • GrumpySmurf1002
    GrumpySmurf1002 Posts: 3,511 Chairperson of the Boards

If you recall, the same question came up in the event following EotS (Strange Sights) which also had waves, where points seemed too high.

The error they made w/ EotS was that the calculation was based on 4xfull points for waves, which obviously is not possible. For Strange Sights, the correction was put in place, which involved accounting for some amount of deterioration on the wave nodes (not full deterioration, as I compared point totals and came up about 2k short, see here: viewtopic.php?f=7&t=54437#p595725).

TL;DR: You're required to clear the wave nodes 4 times, just like any other repeatable node.