My phone is broken

Punisher5784
Punisher5784 Posts: 3,845 Chairperson of the Boards
edited December 2016 in MPQ General Discussion
No Punisher story, just a sad post that my phone broke last night just as the Doc Ock PVP was ending.. surprisingly it wasn't because I threw my phone against the wall icon_lol.gif

It sucks because my wife is conveniently in another State visiting family. I won't have my new phone until Friday which means I will miss the last two days of the wonderful 7-days of grinding Prodigal Sun. There goes my 15 CP and T50 rewards (along with everything else). Now I am bored, sad and lonely without my MPQ.. icon_e_sad.gif

Has anyone else lost or broke their phone and couldn't play MPQ? Share your experience below and entertain Punisher icon_e_biggrin.gif

Comments

• wymtime
    wymtime Posts: 3,758 Chairperson of the Boards
    Well to make you feel better the last 2 subs have broken scaling and the timers are starting early so you are missing some painful nodes for little reward.

Sorry to hear about your phone.
  • mpqr7
    mpqr7 Posts: 2,642 Chairperson of the Boards
    A year or two ago, my phone was on the fritz, and I was super sad, because I wouldn't be able to do well in the new release pve, and I would let down my alliance. I think it was for Nova.

And then there was a boss fight that had Nova as a required node.

Well end result was that I didn't win Nova that release, I had to switch to a bad alliance so that higher scorers could win him. But then with severe grinding of all the other nodes, I still hit max prog on the boss fight.

And fast forward to today, my Nova is championed, and he's very fun to use.

So like all stories with mpq where I get worried and stressed out, it all worked out just fine in the end, even if it took longer and more work to achieve my goals than I originally had in mind.
  • JamieMadrox
    JamieMadrox Posts: 1,798 Chairperson of the Boards
    Go buy a tablet for under $100 and load your game on it from your FB backup.
  • MPQ_Daywalker
    MPQ_Daywalker Posts: 384 Mover and Shaker
    Punisher, have you considered using a PC Android emulator, while you're phone-less? You could install something like Bluestacks or Andy on your PC. It acts as either an Android phone or tablet. You'd install MPQ from the app store, log in to Facebook, and restore your save game from Facebook in MPQ.
  • Beastwood
    Beastwood Posts: 68 Match Maker
    I had to send my phone off for repair a few months ago and couldn't play the game

After a few days milling about borrowing a phone of the family occasionally to get a fix it i got Blue Stacks on my laptop and and played through that, forgot i did something similar a good few years back when i used to play simpsons tap out... before i got seriously annoyed with having to tap a ridiculous amount of buildings n people but yeah them few days i just thought man i am missing the daily, missing an event i got tired of having to borrow a phone to get a quick fix in.

So in light of previous fails i got myself a cheap tablet off ebay, it's not the fastest but it serves as my backup just incase, I'd be well peeved if i was so close to the event end and got kicked in the nuts like that.
    It's amazing how lost you feel without a phone, get so used to having it and take it for granted, it's almost as bad as when the internet goes down in the house and you just see everyone milling about sighing looking lost.... how times have changed from when we used to just go outside n play football etc lol
  • Bohemond
    Bohemond Posts: 20 Just Dropped In
    We miss you Punisher!

Just so you know I asked for TU requests in your honor in the Alliance.
  • seyerin
    seyerin Posts: 71 Match Maker
    Sorry read it guy icon_e_sad.gif
  • fmftint
    fmftint Posts: 3,653 Chairperson of the Boards
    Surely you have a working device to use as a back up.
  • Punisher5784
    Punisher5784 Posts: 3,845 Chairperson of the Boards
    Punisher, have you considered using a PC Android emulator, while you're phone-less? You could install something like Bluestacks or Andy on your PC. It acts as either an Android phone or tablet. You'd install MPQ from the app store, log in to Facebook, and restore your save game from Facebook in MPQ.

Interesting. I will check this out. Thanks icon_razz.gif
  • dsds
    dsds Posts: 526
    I would take it as a sign that you should kick the habit. A casual mobile game shouldn't feel so punishing if you have lost 2 days of play?

Also 7 day grinds are ridiculous for 15CP. I stopped at the carnage progression. Seriously, it is an addiction and we both need help. Let's start a support group.
  • Pongie
    Pongie Posts: 1,411 Chairperson of the Boards
    Could have bought an apple device and return it within 7 days
  • spectator
    spectator Posts: 395 Mover and Shaker
    I was under the impression that facebook backup was not working. I keep getting errors when the game starts up and tries to log in
  • Quebbster
    Quebbster Posts: 8,070 Chairperson of the Boards
    My phone broke during the Anniversary, so I have been out of the game for about a month and a half now. I figured I was playing too much as it was and a forced break might do me good.
    ...I am getting antsy for Christmas so I can get a new phone and get back in the game now.
  • firethorne
    firethorne Posts: 1,505 Chairperson of the Boards
    Had my Nexus 5 die on me a few weeks ago. Not MPQ related, I just plugged it in, and had a nice small bit of smoke come out of the USB port, and then it stopped taking a charge. But, I had a tablet too, so I could continue on.

Definitely look into emulators like bluestacks, or just go and get a tablet. The Kindle Fire 7 with ads is pretty good for $50. Unfortunately, I think you just missed them for even less over Black Friday. I don't much care for Amazon's flavor of Android (and there are ways around that if you want to go down the route of rooting your device), but for $50, it works.
  • spatenfloot
    spatenfloot Posts: 665 Critical Contributor
    spectator wrote:
    I was under the impression that facebook backup was not working. I keep getting errors when the game starts up and tries to log in
    Install the Facebook app on your device. You can link MPQ and then uninstall the Facebook app.
  • spectator
    spectator Posts: 395 Mover and Shaker
    spectator wrote:
    Install the Facebook app on your device. You can link MPQ and then uninstall the Facebook app.
    Do I need to do this after every patch. The game tends to prompt me to log into facebook after every patch
  • spatenfloot
    spatenfloot Posts: 665 Critical Contributor
    spectator wrote:
    spectator wrote:
    Do I need to do this after every patch. The game tends to prompt me to log into facebook after every patch
    I did it once and it has worked ever since.