Can now we have a Soulmates event 2 vs 2 ??

IndoneSHIELD
IndoneSHIELD Posts: 6
Since now we have lots char that can count as couples, such as : IW-Mr.F, Peter-Gwen, Hulk-BW, Steve-Peggy, etc. Maybe we can suggest D3 2 vs 2 event ONLY for couple's char. See those chars can be/or not a soulmates in "a Real Life" should be fun... icon_e_biggrin.gif
What do you think?

Comments

• Bowgentle
    Bowgentle Posts: 7,926 Chairperson of the Boards
    Not until they fix the broken MMR they had in the Valentine event.

After that, yeah, we can talk about it.
  • SummerGlau
    SummerGlau Posts: 1,027 Chairperson of the Boards
    The problem with BFF was that the characters should only have been buffed when used together
  • Tatercat
    Tatercat Posts: 930 Critical Contributor
    edited November 2016
    I’d much rather see a Divorce Court PVP, 3v3 teams with mandatory anchors of Mr F vs Invisible Woman, Jean Grey vs Cyclops, Blank Panther vs Storm, Madusa vs Black Bolt, etc etc.
  • Phumade
    Phumade Posts: 2,495 Chairperson of the Boards
    LOL

Divorce Court! That is rich indeed. Thumbs up for that suggestion
  • TxMoose
    TxMoose Posts: 4,319 Chairperson of the Boards
    no. we cannot have any more 2v2 events. ever! ok idea on paper. in reality it was awful.
  • carrion_pigeons
    carrion_pigeons Posts: 942 Critical Contributor
    It was only awful because of terrible MMR and a buff list that made no sense. It could make sense if done in a less bug-prone way.
  • GurlBYE
    GurlBYE Posts: 1,218 Chairperson of the Boards
    To be fair new character events are pretty much the same thing 2 people who work together and an underleveled meat puppet.
  • Phumade
    Phumade Posts: 2,495 Chairperson of the Boards
    GurlBYE wrote:
    To be fair new character events are pretty much the same thing 2 people who work together and an underleveled meat puppet.

These are pretty valid points. In the podcast, the developers said they don't really use affilations in designing characters. That's a missed opportunity and their underlying technology needs to support custom buffs and debuffs. It would add an entirely new level of thinking if you got buffs or debuffs based on affiliations or "current events" (maybe tie into current events?)
  • fanghoul
    fanghoul Posts: 311 Mover and Shaker
    Since now we have lots char that can count as couples, such as : IW-Mr.F, Peter-Gwen, Hulk-BW, Steve-Peggy, etc. Maybe we can suggest D3 2 vs 2 event ONLY for couple's char. See those chars can be/or not a soulmates in "a Real Life" should be fun... icon_e_biggrin.gif
    What do you think?

This needs Steve / Bucky, or I can't approve of this idea.
  • TxMoose
    TxMoose Posts: 4,319 Chairperson of the Boards
    GurlBYE wrote:
    the YUGE difference is in those loaner events, sometimes the AI lets the puny loner take the ap instead of the stud 5* or boosted 4*. that is a yuge difference. agent venom preventing any oml from transforming because he ate the yellow ap with his passive made some things easier. I prefer a 3rd, whether its a high level champed 3 or a loaner new release. the more synergy you can create in a team, the more you can outplay the AI. reducing the options the AI has only helps the AI. when it has lots of choices it makes bad choices much more often.
  • Smudge
    Smudge Posts: 562 Critical Contributor
    I prefer events where the MMR doesn't think "Oh, you have 3 unboosted, champed 4* characters as your top characters. Here, all your queues are level 450 5*s!"

No thanks. Fix MMR in 2v2 events, and we can reconsider.

BFF anniversary event, anyone?
  • wymtime
    wymtime Posts: 3,758 Chairperson of the Boards
    Here is what I would like to see. Weather it is 2V2 or 3V3. I would like to see a BOP type event where you only get to select 1 character. When you select that character 2 others will automatically pop up. Each character will ha e a different team based on which character you place in reason I am saying BOP is because with the BFF event so many pairs were different levels or were new characters that many players did not have leveled. Also by just choosing one character you can come up with so many different teams. Characters can be on multiple teams, but when each character is in the middle that team is uniques to them.

You could have F4 team, a Hulk team, an Xfoce team, DP and DP on the same team. Endless possibilities but you would break the meta teams of OML, Phoenix etc...
  • Lampo
    Lampo Posts: 121 Tile Toppler
    fanghoul wrote:
    What do you think?

And Cap-Iron Man as Divorce court.
  • fanghoul wrote:
    What do you think?

Just what I thought, bizzare love triangle. Wolvie-jean-cyc next icon_lol.gif