Poll: Character animations triggered by passive abilities

2»

Comments

• monsieurmojo
    monsieurmojo Posts: 370 Mover and Shaker
    I use Bolt and Blade a lot in PvE. They're a really powerful combo to slaughter some goons, but man, does it drive me insane. If there are enough red on the board, it's two animations every turn. Strange in the mix is mind-numbing.
  • Phumade
    Phumade Posts: 2,495 Chairperson of the Boards
    I use Bolt and Blade a lot in PvE. They're a really powerful combo to slaughter some goons, but man, does it drive me insane. If there are enough red on the board, it's two animations every turn. Strange in the mix is mind-numbing.

I share your concernts. I just ran SL/Stephen Strange/ OML in the wave node. and it both passives were firing every turn multiple times. I think alot of medusa's value will be determined by how her animations work and how much of a time penalty players will incur.
  • broll
    broll Posts: 4,732 Chairperson of the Boards
    I like the animations. I'd rather have them each time personally. I'd have no beef if they wanted to give an option to toggle them off, but I'd be bummed if they greatly reduced or went away with no option.
  • BlackSheep101
    BlackSheep101 Posts: 2,025 Chairperson of the Boards
    They've got most passive animations down to triggering once a turn, but they still haven't got it right when more than one ability triggers. If they can do that, my main concern would be tweaking down the amount of time certain things take (like start-of-turn or triggered healing).
  • Phumade
    Phumade Posts: 2,495 Chairperson of the Boards
    2 passives on 1 turn is a major animation issue that the developers need to spend some thought on.

As the developers keep refining the 4* support team. teams with multiple passives are becoming much more viable and useful in high level pve play.

Stragne/StarLord/
    strange/SW/
    Star Lord/ SW

are all viable combos that pair very well with assault class character.

I imagine that Medusa will be added to that mix and that many people will start pairing passive powers behind a big hitter.
  • Jaedenkaal
    Jaedenkaal Posts: 3,357 Chairperson of the Boards
    Not to mention the mirror-matches...
  • mega ghost
    mega ghost Posts: 1,156 Chairperson of the Boards
    Jaedenkaal wrote:
    Not to mention the mirror-matches...

I was going to say, getting to 575 in the Quicksilver PvP was an actual chore. Double the amount of Supersonic animations, coupled with the fact that many teams included Professor X with his Psychic Convergence animations (as he was boosted)... normally I'd play one match and sit the rest out on account of frustration, but I really wanted the 10 CP progression reward.
  • mega ghost
    mega ghost Posts: 1,156 Chairperson of the Boards
    Phumade wrote:
    2 passives on 1 turn is a major animation issue that the developers need to spend some thought on.

As the developers keep refining the 4* support team. teams with multiple passives are becoming much more viable and useful in high level pve play.

Stragne/StarLord/
    strange/SW/
    Star Lord/ SW

are all viable combos that pair very well with assault class character.

I imagine that Medusa will be added to that mix and that many people will start pairing passive powers behind a big hitter.

Cosigned.
  • Starla4
    Starla4 Posts: 1 Just Dropped In
    If nixing the animations in versus would be unfair to some, then d3go should at least give the option to change the speed and/or eliminate them in story. I love this game, but staying on top of it takes way too much time. There needs to be an in between. I did the survey they posted recently asking about a story plot that would let your roster complete the story for you while you're away. And that's great, but that's pretty much what versus does. Even the animation of the tiles can sometimes get tedious. An adjustable speed setting would be (dare I say?) Marvelous.