Running out of PvE missions to do

Unknown
edited November 2013 in MPQ General Discussion
I am exclusively playing this game as PvE. That worked rather well until the end of the Oscorp set of missions: After having done every mission until getting all 4 rewards up to level 25, there are only impossible missions of level 30+ left. What am I supposed at that point? I don't want to PvP, and there aren't any PvE events going on.

Is it at least planned to get any more level 25ish missions into the game at some later point? Otherwise I'm stuck.

Comments

• Learn how to beat impossible missions (it's very possible) or do PVP (yes, I know you said you don't want to, but do it anyways).

Alternatively, go play Candy Crush.
  • As per R41 patch notes Heroic Mode is going to be implemented, which will add to replayability of PVE mission. Also it's been over week since Unstable Iso event, so let's hope we will get Chapter 1 soon.

Also with number of tournaments that occur, like last 48hrs Lightning Rounds, it seems the game is more PVP oriented, at least for the moment.
  • You are doing yourself a great disservice by not doing PVP. There are very easy accessible rewards from just fighting a handful of times,that can help you progress more in SP.
  • I don't understand TC"s hesitancy to PVP, as it's exactly the same as PVE. Just pretend storm, thor, and wolverine are venom, ragnarok and daken.

Rewards are top notch too. Good luck ever beating that L115 ragnarok without PVP rewards
  • At the very least you should do 1-2 battles, the people you're matched up against are super easy early on. You can get lots of Iso and even covers in PvP that can help you along the PvE
  • DumDumDugn wrote:
    I don't understand TC"s hesitancy to PVP, as it's exactly the same as PVE. Just pretend storm, thor, and wolverine are venom, ragnarok and daken.

The problem is not with the avatars you fight against, it is with the player behind the avatars. As I said, I haven't tried it in this game, but I have long experience with other online games. A computer opponent is never impolite, makes his moves promptly, never stalls, and never throws games he is about to lose. The same cannot be said about human opponents, although of course different games deal with those problems more or less well.
  • Dninot
    Dninot Posts: 214
    Tobold you're making a false assumption.

You're never playing live against a human opponent. You're playing against a roster chosen by a human opponent, and run by the AI. There is absolutely no chance of impoliteness, stalling, or throwing games.

It's basically PvE against teams other players have assembled. Seriously you should give it a try.
  • Tobold wrote:
    DumDumDugn wrote:
    I don't understand TC"s hesitancy to PVP, as it's exactly the same as PVE. Just pretend storm, thor, and wolverine are venom, ragnarok and daken.

The problem is not with the avatars you fight against, it is with the player behind the avatars. As I said, I haven't tried it in this game, but I have long experience with other online games. A computer opponent is never impolite, makes his moves promptly, never stalls, and never throws games he is about to lose. The same cannot be said about human opponents, although of course different games deal with those problems more or less well.

lol how can you blatantly assume such things without trying it once? You are way, way off base
  • Ah, so replaced PvP with a PvE game which just pretends to be PvP. Now that is a solution I like. Nevertheless I still would rather have new missions with a story and all that.
  • DumDumDugn wrote:
    lol how can you blatantly assume such things without trying it once? You are way, way off base

Well, if a section of the game is labeled "Player vs. Player", it is kind of natural to assume that you would be playing against another player instead of the AI. For most games that is actually the attraction of PvP, with the other players being potentially better than the AI. If they replaced PvP with a "Player vs. AI" mode, the devs obviously saw all the same problems with real PvP that I mentioned. In most turn-based games playing against other real players sucks. That isn't an assumption, it is experience.
  • Elleby
    Elleby Posts: 64 Match Maker
    Tobold wrote:

Well, if a section of the game is labeled "Player vs. Player", it is kind of natural to assume that you would be playing against another player instead of the AI. For most games that is actually the attraction of PvP, with the other players being potentially better than the AI. If they replaced PvP with a "Player vs. AI" mode, the devs obviously saw all the same problems with real PvP that I mentioned. In most turn-based games playing against other real players sucks. That isn't an assumption, it is experience.

I had the same concerns the first time I tried PvP here. I do PvP in other games, but never as a main focus, so I was just kinda dipping my toes in it. I actually found it quite enjoyable. There are somethings that could be improved in the experience, but it has nothing to do with other players.
  • Nemek
    Nemek Posts: 1,511
    Yeah, I felt pretty similarly. I beat the first two chapters of the prologue (and got all rewards), then realized missions started to get really hard, so I did some PvP on a whim and found it to be way better than I had hoped.
  • Tobold wrote:
    Ah, so replaced PvP with a PvE game which just pretends to be PvP. Now that is a solution I like. Nevertheless I still would rather have new missions with a story and all that.

Make up stories to go along with your arena battles. That way, there will never be a shortage of PvE matches for you icon_lol.gificon_e_wink.gif
  • ZzzWolph wrote:
    Tobold wrote:
    Ah, so replaced PvP with a PvE game which just pretends to be PvP. Now that is a solution I like. Nevertheless I still would rather have new missions with a story and all that.

Make up stories to go along with your arena battles. That way, there will never be a shortage of PvE matches for you icon_lol.gificon_e_wink.gif

"On Thor and Storm's 537th date with their random third wheel in tow..."
  • icon_e_biggrin.gificon_e_biggrin.gificon_e_biggrin.gif I really like that