Did we EVER have 3 good 5*s in Latest Legends?

TLCstormz
TLCstormz Posts: 1,668
edited November 2016 in MPQ General Discussion
Or, has it always been every other character is lackluster / 2 great, then one not so / 2 awesome, 2 lousy, etc.

I can't recall the orders and pairings, anymore.

Comments

• TetsujinOni
    TetsujinOni Posts: 181 Tile Toppler
    Now. Now is definitely 3 good 5*s.
  • Magic
    Magic Posts: 1,199 Chairperson of the Boards
    I am pulling when I can from it now after waiting for Banner to rotate. This cycle gives top guy (soon to be gone), PvE king and a decent heavy hitter. I would say now is the time.

You can always count that Thanos (is he next?) will be great but at that time Bolt will be gone. So I would not stockpile in hope of Thanos.
  • Polares
    Polares Posts: 2,643 Chairperson of the Boards
    Now is a good time, BBolt is great, Strange is great specially for PvE, and BW is good.

Probably the best moment was Spidey, GG, PH. It is a pity most of us didn't think Spidey was so good by then, and we were 'obsessed' with OML :S

IM, Banner, BBolt was also not that bad. Banner is great for PvE too.
    Magic wrote:

You can always count that Thanos (is he next?) will be great but at that time Bolt will be gone. So I would not stockpile in hope of Thanos.

Thanos won't be playable icon_e_sad.gif
  • Xenoberyll
    Xenoberyll Posts: 647 Critical Contributor
    Wouldn't it be nice if we could pick the characters who are in the 25cp tokens? icon_e_wink.gif
  • Fightmastermpq
    Fightmastermpq Posts: 995 Critical Contributor
    Yes, when latest were first introduced. OML, Phoenix, BSSM. None too shabby.

After that in latest was Gobby, BSSM, Phoenix.

Also, the second Banner Hulk moved out, i.e., RIGHT NOW.
    Exactly this.

Honestly I think now is one of the best times because of the BB/5trange combo - they work so well together in PvE that it's worth pulling for them.....if you ever attempt to play PvE competitively that is.
  • JamieMadrox
    JamieMadrox Posts: 1,798 Chairperson of the Boards
    Xenoberyll wrote:
    Wouldn't it be nice if we could pick the characters who are in the 25cp tokens? icon_e_wink.gif
    Back when they introduced vaults, I heard through my never-wrong source that they were considering a BYO vault feature where you could stack a vault with whatever you wanted within certain constraints (1 leg token, 3x 4* of your choice, etc). I'd like to see something like that happen. with LTs.
  • TLCstormz
    TLCstormz Posts: 1,668
    Hunh? NOW?

Everyone said / says that Widow was / is one of the worst 5*s.

Isn't she below Cap and Silver Surfer now, tier wise?
  • Magic
    Magic Posts: 1,199 Chairperson of the Boards
    Agreed. The recent study show that she is solid mid tier 5*, far from being bottom dweller like Cap.
  • MPQ_Daywalker
    MPQ_Daywalker Posts: 384 Mover and Shaker
    TLCstormz wrote:
    Hunh? NOW?

Everyone said / says that Widow was / is one of the worst 5*s.

Isn't she below Cap and Silver Surfer now, tier wise?
    I think there was backlash when she was first released because on paper her powers didn't sound great, but once the whales started covering and playing with her that story quickly changed.

Check out Colog's post from last month called "A Year of 5*, My Analysis." On Black Widow he says...
    She is another damage machine ala Gobby plus she can take out Phoenix early because she can remove the resurrection cd. All of her powers do greater than 10k damage and have all kinds of synergies in removing cds, stealing ap, and having the damage stack up. She goes very well with BSSM and Black Bolt. Once the meta moves towards IM/BSSM then Black Bolt/ Widow is going to be the next evolution.
  • Fightmastermpq
    Fightmastermpq Posts: 995 Critical Contributor
    BW is a bit unique in that all of her powers do pretty solid damage (IM46 is similar in this regard, but not quite as reliable as BW). Her conditional requirements at first made her seem a bit weak, but after fighting a couple champed BWs it's pretty clear that you don't need to meet the conditions to dish out some pretty heavy damage, and if you do happen to meet them.....look out.