No Black Friday AND No Cyber Monday sales?

TLCstormz
TLCstormz Posts: 1,668
edited November 2016 in MPQ General Discussion
Hunh? What was the timeline for sales last year?

Comments

• Akari
    Akari Posts: 492 Mover and Shaker
    They didn't have any last year. The only sales were anniversary and then the Google only Lunar New Year sale if I recall.
  • JamieMadrox
    JamieMadrox Posts: 1,798 Chairperson of the Boards
    Akari wrote:
    They didn't have any last year. The only sales were anniversary and then the Google only Lunar New Year sale if I recall.
    Or the year before. Or the year before that. Demiurge does sales when they want to. Not when you think they should. You'll get 2 or 3 a year based on past years' sales.
  • westnyy2
    westnyy2 Posts: 194 Tile Toppler
    It's a shame really. A lot of games do both BF and CM sales. I believe I have 6 emails alone from CoC about featured sales. It's a time when people are generally fairly loose with their purse strings. That coupled with all the deals on iTunes and Google play cards would make it the perfect time for us to buy. That's probably why they don't.
  • Vhailorx
    Vhailorx Posts: 6,085 Chairperson of the Boards
    They have consistently done a sale immediately before anniversary week (though never really during, which IMO shows a great lack of confidence in their own product. Sell me on fun events, not hype!), and another during the christmas holiday/new year season. Those have happened each of the last two years I think (and 3 years now for the pre-anniversary sale). There have also been sporadic other sales, often just before big changes (e.g. early march 2015, just before the Thorverine nerfs).
  • Demiurge does sales when they want to. Not when you think they should.

Kinda like when they do bug fixes? Or new character releases??

BOW, PEONS! BOW TO THE WILL OF DEMIURGE!!!
  • GurlBYE
    GurlBYE Posts: 1,218 Chairperson of the Boards
    Why have sales when you have people spend thousands every two weeks to champ characters that were just released. icon_rolleyes.gif
  • Nick441234
    Nick441234 Posts: 1,496 Chairperson of the Boards
    Their sales aren't sales though. Nothing is actually cheaper, you just get more for their extortionate prices.
  • Smudge
    Smudge Posts: 562 Critical Contributor
    Their sales aren't sales though. Nothing is actually cheaper, you just get more for their extortionate prices.
    Not always true. Near last Christmas, they did a one-time sale on Logan's Loonies ($19.99 HP purchase) for $4.99. One purchase returned the price back to full. I bought it and would do so again.
  • Other game companies actually give you fun and free stuff around the holidays. Rewarding your playerbase is a pretty crazy notion, I know...

Having a "sale" just isn't quite the same, especially when the prices come down to almost reasonable with the sale price.

#3yearshaven'tgottenitright