Why is this game's support, and recent code, so bad?

peteer01
peteer01 Posts: 43 Just Dropped In
I'm writing this at D3Go!'s support (form letter) request:

I am more than two years into this game. I've spent well over $100, and if it weren't for the poor support and buggy code over the last several months, I'd gladly be a regular VIP member. Instead, I'm writing here to vent because I'm so frustrated with the support and bugs, and because I've been told to post here in the forums multiple times by the support team. (That is one of the form reply options they have.)

First, let me just list the bugs I've opened in the last two months (less than 60 days):

274196, 273960, 273011, 273010, 269882, 267101, 262179, 262178, 255776, 255775

Ten. Ten separate issues in two months.

My game shows me getting a heroic token, then gives me a connection error when I click next/accept. I can't get a connection so I turn wifi off and back on. The game works but I have no heroic token. I force quit the game, restart, no token. I wait for it to show up. It never does. Support claims I did get the token. I push and they come back with some random cover they say I was given when I opened the token. I never got a token.

Every game bug I've reported in 2016 (and there's a lot) comes back with a laundry list of questions that I always reply with a summary at the top and then answer individual questions in-line. Until this last week, there are two form letter answers which are the only two things I've ever gotten, either:

"Thank you for taking this time to report the issue that you are experiencing. We will inform the developer..."

or

"Upon our review, it seems that the problem you are experiencing within the game is a known issue."

Sometimes (such as case 231459) I'll be asked for information, and be told "Thank you for taking this time to report the issue that you are experiencing. We will inform the developer...", then provide more screenshots and information to confirm a bug's behavior/trigger, and then be told, "Upon our review, it seems that the problem you are experiencing within the game is a known issue." Both form letter responses on the same ticket. No message other than the copy and paste form options. First they need more info for an issue they don't know about, then when I provide even more info because they're informing the developer, it's a known issue. icon_rolleyes.gif

Ironically, after seeing both these form letters dozens of times (trying to help provide feedback to get a better game), I received this this week after writing "Responses below:" and then putting my responses in-line:

"Unfortunately, it seems that your support request is blank. If you are still experiencing an issue within the game..."

How many of my form letters, which I'd previously hoped someone were sent by someone at least reading and sharing my answers to their questions with the right dev/QA teams, were just someone mashing whatever seemed like the quickest form letter to close the case with? How many times did I answer each question without anyone even seeing it?

I barely missed a 4* cover in Boss Rush due to two separate issues with points (one for not advancing after hitting the score target, another for not getting points for KOing a boss if killed that boss before without them making a match). Either one of those issues not existing (bad code) would have given me a star.pngstar.pngstar.pngstar.png cover I busted my hump for. Instead, both support cases yielded only canned form letter responses.

Recently, there's an issue with covers taking you to the recruit button screen instead of leveling an existing character. The first time I saw this, I force quit instead of hitting Recruit. When I turned the game back on, my Squirrel girl cover was gone, and I had no token. If she had leveled, then the reward would have been a recruit token. I did not have a recruit token, and I did not have a Squirrel Girl cover. I opened a case and got a "purely cosmetic" form letter response after providing detailed answers to all their questions.

The worst part is this, I've recently pushed back on the heroic token that I swear I never received. (Why would I put in all this fuss over a single heroic token? I have a roster of 114 with plenty of 4* champions, I just want the game to be fair.) I've given unsatisfied feedback with notes, and pushed back on cases stating that the problem is *not* resolved and that the support as been unbearably poor. Now go ahead and think me paranoid, I'd saved up enough CP and legendary tokens to open 32 legendary tokens in the last two weeks. I received one, solitary 5* cover. I don't know how many legendarily I'd opened before that for my last 5*. The odds of that (1 in 32) are a single digit percentage, if the game is fair... Maybe that's the case. Or maybe the game is rigged. Support sure is. That outcome is one of five form letters.

I've seen cheaters that had every 5* as a maxed champion. I've reported enough of them that I know what that form letter looks like too.

The new "watch a video" system isn't my favorite, but I want the game to do well, so I'm happy to watch. Finding out that the system is broken and getting errors on 6+ attempted watches in a row? Bad. Finding out that VIP doesn't get the option to watch, they just get the bonus? Worse. (I'd gladly watch them if I could, and I'd gladly be VIP if the game wasn't so broken and poorly supported) Writing to support and getting a form letter response and being told there's no way to keep up with VIP by watching those videos or getting those rewards...it's insulting. If you're trying to put pressure on non-VIP customers by punishing them for your bad code, shame on you, D3Go!.

D3Go!, you took a game that was amazing, that my friends and family play daily, that I was happy to pay for, and you made it so buggy that I've made more support requests in the last 12 months than at any other point in the game's existence. When I do open support requests to try to help you make the game better, I get insultingly bad form letter responses that imply that my requests, which I have to slowly type out on my phone, aren't even being read.

Do I feel like I've been cheated out of a heroic token with Squirrel girl? A 4* cover with boss rush? A disappearing heroic token with connection issues? Many missed video bonuses? There's plenty more I've been cheated out of despite documenting with facts, screenshots and detailed answers for support. And support is insulting enough to provide NOTHING to people with legitimate issues who answer every question asked of them.

So, D3Go!, here's the last form letter i'll share, which I've gotten eight times, three of them in the last two months:
Greetings D3 Go! Customer,

Thank you for contacting D3 Go! Customer Support.

We are sorry for any negative experience regarding your issue.

If you would like to submit further feedback on the subject, as well as stay up to date on current and future information, please visit the forums:

http://d3go.com/forums/

If you have any further questions or concerns, please feel free to contact us again.

Best Regards,
D3 Go! Customer Support Team (TJM)

I'm on the forums, submitting further feedback. You guys are doing a horrible job, and here's hoping someone out there cares. MPQ is a great game being mismanaged through buggy code and poor support, and I sure as heck feel cheated out of dozens of legitimate items as a result.

There's some feedback on the subject. Let me know if you'd like me to submit more.

Comments

• CS is really atrocious. I've had maybe 1/10 issues resolved, ever. The real question is- why do we keep playing if this is the case? icon_e_geek.gif
  • peteer01
    edited February 2017
    CS is really atrocious. I've had maybe 1/10 issues resolved, ever. The real question is- why do we keep playing if this is the case? icon_e_geek.gif
    I've always felt I'm playing despite poor support.

It legitimately caused me to stop buying HP. The great game kept me playing, and I went VIP, the first time spending real money in a looong time. When I ran into issue and created a support case, I straight up told them in the feedback that I was done buying VIP due to buggy code and poor support.

It sucks, because I love the game. Remove the bugs and the support issues and I'd probably be complaining about $9.99 x 12 months every year! icon_lol.gif
  • Ding
    Ding Posts: 179
    After the numerous messages I've sent regarding the game crashing, I ended my last one saying that they're either inept, or just don't care to fix the problems. Neither inspires me to write again.
  • Brigby
    Brigby ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 7,757 Site Admin
    Hi peteer01.

I'm sorry to hear you've had such a negative experience working with our Customer Support team. I've seen the message you've sent me, and I've sent you back a response.
    Like I mentioned in my reply, I'm currently reading through your post and I'll follow up with a more detailed message once I've finished.

Please keep in mind that your most recent tickets might have slightly delayed responses due to the holiday season here in the United States. Having said that, I'll be sure to take a look at the tickets you've referenced and see what I can do.
  • peteer01
    Brigby wrote:
    Hi peteer01.

I'm sorry to hear you've had such a negative experience working with our Customer Support team. I've seen the message you've sent me, and I've sent you back a response.
    Like I mentioned in my reply, I'm currently reading through your post and I'll follow up with a more detailed message once I've finished.

Please keep in mind that your most recent tickets might have slightly delayed responses due to the holiday season here in the United States. Having said that, I'll be sure to take a look at the tickets you've referenced and see what I can do.
    Brigby,

Thanks for the reply. Unfortunately, the lack of any action was disappointing.

I don't know what more to say than I tried to as clearly as possible document the lack of an item, an item that I should have received not being awarded, and nothing was done by support. When I reached out to you, nothing was done.

Yes, there are plenty of issues with game bugs, and a litany of other complaints, but I'm extremely disappointed that neither support nor you are doing anything to replace items that were not received.

I hope my feedback was useful, I've updated my reviews for the game based on my experiences over the last two months, and I'll end my message here as my frustration would probably make any further text unproductive.
  • _RiO_
    _RiO_ Posts: 1,047 Chairperson of the Boards
    peteer01 wrote:
    Recently, there's an issue with covers taking you to the recruit button screen instead of leveling an existing character. The first time I saw this, I force quit instead of hitting Recruit. When I turned the game back on, my Squirrel girl cover was gone, and I had no token. If she had leveled, then the reward would have been a recruit token. I did not have a recruit token, and I did not have a Squirrel Girl cover.

Aha. So I'm not the only one for which the 'add level' did not stick, even though community management on these boards claims that "it's a purely cosmetic issue".
  • Hi all.

Ive lost access to my game date when i was trying to move my game from Samsung S5 to Samsung s 7. I wrote on that stupid desk ticket they told me ..like 6 days ago. And still ticket isnt even opened.

Any idea what chances do i have to get my game back ? I was loging in DAILY for over 3 years.. got all 114 covers..it wasnt easy..but ive done it..and now.. i cant even get f king answer from support?

Anyone?
  • peteer01
    Woojciech wrote:
    Hi all.

Ive lost access to my game date when i was trying to move my game from Samsung S5 to Samsung s 7. I wrote on that stupid desk ticket they told me ..like 6 days ago. And still ticket isnt even opened.

Any idea what chances do i have to get my game back ? I was loging in DAILY for over 3 years.. got all 114 covers..it wasnt easy..but ive done it..and now.. i cant even get f king answer from support?

Anyone?
    my buddy kept bothering support with a similar issue. Eventually they gave him *someone else's account*. Not even a remotely similar name. He followed up multiple times. Support did nothing.
  • Zerbit
    Zerbit Posts: 9
    I feel your pain.

My account was magically overwritten (but not by D3...) and I lost lots of everything. It has been 2 months now, and CS apparently handed it to Technical division (who were having "technical issues") 4 weeks ago. Still nothing. Brigby suggested I be patient.

So yeah, don't hold your breath.