Shield Intercept Data

GrimSkald
GrimSkald Posts: 2,580 Chairperson of the Boards
edited December 2016 in MPQ General Discussion
Hello! So when they implemented the new bonus stuff from "Shield Intercepts," I decided to track the data as I'm a bit obsessive when it comes to data hoarding. Initially I just tracked the actual rewards, then I got curious as to how often it dropped, and started tracking how often the rewards dropped. It seemed to be one in four, but then I would go long periods of time late in the day with no drops.

I went back to the initial announcement, and saw that in fact the number of drops decreases when you get more rewards. I then went to my current system of tracking everything in order using a code system (1a 0 0 1b 0 4, meaning 250 Iso, two no drops, 1000 Iso, no drop, heroic token,) indicating each drop. At this point, I think I have enough data to make some inferences, though they may well get corrected later on as I get more information.

First I'll go into the rewards and frequency so far, this has everything I tracked, including where I didn't track the order:

Reward
Count
% of rewards
250 Iso
38.62%
1000 Iso ---- 30
20.69%
2000 Iso ---- 9
6.21%
10 HP
8.28%
25 HP
11.03%
100 HP
0.69%
1 CP
1.38%
H Token
13.10%
Total Rewards

I wouldn't necessarily trust the frequency of the 100 HP and 1 CP, since they're so damn low. They could be much lower, it's really hard to tell. I'm also not so sure about the Heroic Tokens - I've gotten a decent number in the past, but didn't get any today or yesterday (for example.) Still, it's a better sample than anything else. Clearly Iso is what drops the most often, which would be my preference anyway.

As far as drops/day, I play a fair bit of PVE (full clears with some extra) and consistently get 11-13. You always get a drop on your first PVE node, then I believe the chance is somewhere between 30-50% until you get 5, then it is probably around 25% until 10. After 10 drops the chance is extremely low, but present. It seems to be something like 10%. They state you can get up to 20 rewards/day, but I believe that would be extremely difficult.

Figuring out the average Iso per day is tricky - four of the data points are impossible to quantify. If we count them all as zero, and count Heroic Tokens as 345 Iso (the average sell value of what you get,) we get about 472.79 Iso per drop.

So, presuming you don't have to watch the videos which I am told are bugged, the "Shield Intercepts" net on average 5673.51 Iso per day with a good amount of PVE play. Sorry Steam Users, but at least you now know. :/

Comments

• Orion
    Orion Posts: 1,295 Chairperson of the Boards
    Over half of my intercepts used to give me an error. But after the latest update, I haven't seen an error since. So it looks like that part of it is greatly improved.
  • fmftint
    fmftint Posts: 3,653 Chairperson of the Boards
    Small sample but I stayed tracking mine last night
    54 potential triggers, 11 intercepts
    7x 250 iso8.png
    2x 25 spideycoin.png
    1x 1000 iso8.png
    1x token_heroic.png
  • GrimSkald
    Nice start.

I'm still amused how quickly they over-rode the early-on default 10HP with a huge influx of 250isos.

Someone realized they were giving the store away icon_lol.gif

I mainly play on Steam, but my noob alt still catches 1 of these a day. Every bit helps.

Meh. If they kept the same %s, it probably would still only amount to 60-70 HP a day. I'd rather have 1500 Iso.

I'm going to keep tracking, we'll see if this data changes with a larger sample size. I'm guessing it will - probably the 250 Iso will go up, the 25 HP will go down, and possibly Heroic Tokens as well.
  • fmftint
    fmftint Posts: 3,653 Chairperson of the Boards
    More intercept data
    63 potential triggers, 13 intercepts
    7x 250 iso8.png
    4x 1000 iso8.png
    1x 25 spideycoin.png
    1x commandpointsbig.png
  • ClydeFrog76
    ClydeFrog76 Posts: 1,350 Chairperson of the Boards
    Anybody else receiving pretty much nothing except 250 ISO for the last day or so?

I've had maybe one or two 1K or 2K ISO, but no HP, no Heroics and certainly no CP.
  • wolverineclaws
    wolverineclaws Posts: 13 Just Dropped In
    Anybody else receiving pretty much nothing except 250 ISO for the last day or so?

I've had maybe one or two 1K or 2K ISO, but no HP, no Heroics and certainly no CP.
    I received a couple of 250 ISO but also some 1000 and one heroic token
  • ClydeFrog76
    ClydeFrog76 Posts: 1,350 Chairperson of the Boards
    Just got yet another one. Something is rotten in Denmark.
  • GrimSkald
    Just got yet another one. Something is rotten in Denmark.

Honestly, if you're going to track, just track everything. You notice things more when they're going against you. I haven't noticed any change lately - sure, two days ago I got 8 out of 15 rewards as "250 Iso,) and yesterday was 6 out of 10, but overall the numbers have been holding pretty stable.

Speaking of numbers, he's another week's worth. As I said above, the numbers are remarkably stable, even the 25 and 100 HP, which I expected to decrease:

Reward ---- Count ---- %
    250 Iso --- 129 ---- 38.97%
    1000 Iso --- 75 ---- 22.66%
    2000 Iso --- 23 ---- 6.95%
    10 HP
    30 ---- 9.06%
    25 HP
    34 ---- 10.27%
    100 HP
    3 ---- 0.91%
    1 CP
    4 ---- 1.21%
    Heroic Tkn -- 33 ---- 9.97%
    Total Rewards - 331

Heroic Tokens saw the biggest change - down a bit over 3%, but I strongly suspect my initial number was high. The big rewards - 100 HP and 1 CP - still are more or less where they were, which is interesting, but the numbers on them are very low so I'm not sure I trust those either. Strangely enough, the chance of 10 HP seems to be about the same as 25 HP. That's just plain weird, but my previous numbers held that as well.
  • Kevin61
    Kevin61 Posts: 256 Mover and Shaker
    So, I decided to track the rewards I got from the Shield Intercepts. I did this during the week long Hulk event (although my slice hasn't finished at the time of this post) and I only did the "required" 4 clears in order to reach maximum progression although I did do 5 clears occasionally, but only on three or four of the subs (currently at 111,561 points with no plans to continue since I am not playing for placement). Here is what I got:

ISO
    250 x 30 = 7500
    1000 x 10 = 10,000
    2000 x 3 = 3000

Total ISO gained - 20,500

HP
    10 x 5 = 50
    25 x 7 = 175
    100 x 1 = 100

Total HP gained - 325

Heroic Tokens
    7 - I didn't keep track of what covers I got from these tokens but I remember a couple of 3* and the last one was a 4* Luke Cage yellowflag.png bringing him to 3/3/2

CP x2

I'm happy with that!