Average value of shield intercepts?

Vhailorx
Vhailorx Posts: 6,085 Chairperson of the Boards
edited November 2016 in MPQ General Discussion
Is anyone collecting data for this? It seems to me that playing enough pve every day to get 10-15 intercepts is probably worth 5-7k iso and 50-100 HP, but i would love some numbers to back that up.

Comments

• Daiches
    Daiches Posts: 1,252 Chairperson of the Boards
    250 ISO 80% of the time. Have seen cp twice since start, so <1%
  • Vhailorx
    Vhailorx Posts: 6,085 Chairperson of the Boards
    I would agree that cp are very rare, maybe 1-2%. But 1k and even 2k iso prizes seem somewhat common, maybe 10-20%? I have gotten at least 1 2k prize each day that i have played even a most amount of pve (i.e. more than just ddq). 25hp prizes have been more common for me than 10hp, and herpic tokens are also somewhat frequent.

My general impression is that the average calue isbpretty high, more than ddq even. But i probably have received only 100-200 intercepts, so i dont want to be fooled by small sample size noise.
  • granne
    granne Posts: 852 Critical Contributor
    Are you trying to upset Steam users even more? This seems a little nose-rubby. Of course, Steam users can use anything posted here to back up their completely justified assertions of unfairness. More power to your elbows, Steam players.

That said...

I have been recording mine since they started. I don't have time to analyse the data now, but I will say it seems very variable, both in number of intercepts and in rewards.

I play roughly the same amount of PvE matches each day, but some days, like today, I get 2 Heroics, 1250 Iso, and 25 HP, while others, like yesterday, I get 0 Heroics, 5750 Iso, and 20 HP. I've had a fair few CPs too, here and there.
  • Pretty much from the start.

average 11 intercepts - total 190
    iso 4667 avg - total 84000
    hp 54 avg - total 975
    cp .4 avg - total 8
    tokens 1 avg - total 18

May have missed initial couple of days - 18 days recorded.
  • jredd
    jredd Posts: 1,387 Chairperson of the Boards
    when i was actually getting them they worked about 1% of the time. and i haven't seen one since the update, so for me the average value is nothing.

it'd be nice if they'd really fix these things cause it seems like a great resource stream if it would actually work.
  • GrimSkald
    GrimSkald Posts: 2,580 Chairperson of the Boards
    Vhailorx wrote:
    Is anyone collecting data for this? It seems to me that playing enough pve every day to get 10-15 intercepts is probably worth 5-7k iso and 50-100 HP, but i would love some numbers to back that up.

I'm collecting data, and I'll give a full report in a few days - my data doesn't seem entirely meaningful at the moment. I started just plain tracking how often I got a drop vs how often I didn't, but when the chance for a drop went down precipitously after 10 rewards or so, I went back to the original announcement and saw that the chance goes down as you get more rewards. I then started tracking each time i hit a node, in order, but I only have like 5 points of data for that at this time, I want a bit more to really break down the numbers.

These seem to be the only rewards:

Iso: 250 1000 2000
    HP: 10 25
    CP 1
    Heroic Token

I'll get you some real numbers tomorrow where I have a full version of excel. 250 Iso is definitely the inlier, I'm guessing it drops between 50 and 75% of the time. I believe the chance for a drop is between 1 in 2 to 1 in 3 for your first 5, 1 in 4 until you get 10, then really low after that. We'll see if the numbers back me up.

In the interest of full disclosure, I have VIP Status and so am not affected by the video stream problem.

granne wrote:
    Are you trying to upset Steam users even more? This seems a little nose-rubby. Of course, Steam users can use anything posted here to back up their completely justified assertions of unfairness. More power to your elbows, Steam players.

That said...

I have been recording mine since they started. I don't have time to analyse the data now, but I will say it seems very variable, both in number of intercepts and in rewards.

I play roughly the same amount of PvE matches each day, but some days, like today, I get 2 Heroics, 1250 Iso, and 25 HP, while others, like yesterday, I get 0 Heroics, 5750 Iso, and 20 HP. I've had a fair few CPs too, here and there.

Yeah, sorry to the Steam Users about this. Still, data is data, and I'm interested in crunching the numbers. I'm gonna do it.
  • Pants1000
    Pants1000 Posts: 484 Mover and Shaker
    100 HP is possible too, but I think even rarer than 1 CP.
  • Tee
    Tee Posts: 231 Tile Toppler
    Ah so it's a mobile only thing. Buddy was telling me about it and I got curious.
  • PuceMoose
    PuceMoose Posts: 1,445 Chairperson of the Boards
    For data collectors, here's my results from 44 intercepts, collected over a week or so:
    250 ISO x17
    1000 ISO x7
    2000 ISO x2
    10 HP x4
    25 HP x4
    100 HP x1
    1 CP x4
    Heroic Token x5
  • dsds
    dsds Posts: 526
    I've gotten a lot of heroic tokens recently. Yeah but mostly it is 250 iso for 70% of the time.
  • GrimSkald
    GrimSkald Posts: 2,580 Chairperson of the Boards
    I've posted my observations from 145 Rewards over 17 days here.

The short answer is about 472.79, if we don't count HP and count Heroic Tokens as 345 (the average sell value of the covers.)

Speaking for myself, I consistently get 11-14 drops a day. As I stated above, the chance for a drop really goes down after 10, so I believe that 20 (their stated maximum) would be almost impossible. If we consider the average to be 12, that means that the per day value would be about 5673.51