Less errors for intercepts and overall it's not bad

Magic
Magic Posts: 1,199 Chairperson of the Boards
edited November 2016 in MPQ General Discussion
Hey guys. I am not sure what is your experience with intercepts but I find it as a good source of resources. Also for last couple of days (since last patch?) there are far less error messages. Not sure I am getting 20 per day but it is still nice and fairly non intrusive addition to the game for non paying players.

One problem (but this is probably different depending on the market or even pages you visit) - some of the commercials are 120 seconds long!!! 2 freaking minutes is a bit much to get 250 ISO (i mind less when the rewards is good). Other than that - simple way to boost the resources.

What is your experience? Anybody getting the 2 minutes commercials as well?

Comments

• Punter1
    Punter1 Posts: 728 Critical Contributor
    I've been lucky to only see 30 secs ads so far.

Agree that the errors seem to be fewer, but then the ads also seem to be fewer. Ran through a 4x node clear yesterday (my only PVE) and only saw ads a couple of times. Prior to the update the first few PVE matches mostly had ads/errors and in a a 4x clear I'd have expected to see 5+ ads/errors easy.
  • St1nkf1st
    St1nkf1st Posts: 127 Tile Toppler
    I don't mind duration of adds since I brought VIP icon_e_smile.gif
    Wait, I am on Steam, ****

(frankly, this is the thing that upsets me most on MPQ, the ammount of additonal ressources is quite big and a fraction of the player base just can't get it)
  • CT1888
    CT1888 Posts: 1,201 Chairperson of the Boards
    UK based, don't think I've had any over 30 seconds yet. Had a spell of 15 second ones, which was nice.
  • cyineedsn
    cyineedsn Posts: 361 Mover and Shaker
    I have literally never been able to see the ads yet. It's been 100% error occured fails for me.
  • Pants1000
    Pants1000 Posts: 484 Mover and Shaker
    I haven't had any errors for the last 2 days. Before that it was 50/50. Some days it worked fine, other days it errored every time.

I also haven't seen any 2 minute adds. Mostly 15-30 seconds, with a rare 35 second ad. I wouldn't mind a 2 minute ad if it came with 100 HP or a CP. icon_e_smile.gif
  • Omega Red
    Omega Red Posts: 366 Mover and Shaker
    For almost a week I got only errors, then today I finally got one video. It lasted two minutes and it was an ad for a washing machine. 250 ISO.
  • El Satanno
    El Satanno Posts: 1,005 Chairperson of the Boards
    Since the update I've seen fewer errors, however I think it's too early to tell. Previously it had come and gone in waves. I'd get 5 or 6 in a row, and then a string of errors. Who's to say? As for the ads themselves, I do see the same ones time and again, and most of them are between 15 and 20 seconds. Only a handful of 30 second ones and none longer than that. Speaking of which, has anyone else noticed that there is a little timer in the bottom left-hand corner that tells you exactly how much longer it is? Kinda nice to know exactly how much time you have to do something else. icon_e_wink.gif
  • No errors but less ads and they always seem to be 250 ISO.
  • jredd
    jredd Posts: 1,387 Chairperson of the Boards
    now that i think about it, i can't remember seeing one since the update.
  • jredd
    jredd Posts: 1,387 Chairperson of the Boards
    jredd wrote:
    now that i think about it, i can't remember seeing one since the update.

just had my day reset (got my daily resupply) and didn't get one after my first match. something's up.
  • Magic
    And for me since posting about it - no errors but adds of 90-120 seconds dominate big time (8 out of 10). This is probably due to local market. I have got the long adds for a local electronics store way too many times. So slowly it's moving towards skipping the add and resources. I don't want to limit my playtime to watching adds. 30 seconds should be maximum but I somehow doubt d3 controls that.
  • mpqr7
    mpqr7 Posts: 2,642 Chairperson of the Boards
    I haven't seen any errors the last week or so. I probably get around 10 ads per day, so far 30 seconds each, a few just 15 seconds. All range of rewards, including 250 iso, 1000 iso, 2000 iso, 10 hp, 25 hp, 1 cp, heroic token. I'm happy with whatever I can get.

Steam players should just get a daily ISO/HP/CP/Heroic Token bonus, especially those who pay for VIP. That would make up for it for them.

Also, due to the ads, I've learned about some other games that look like fun! I'm giving some of them a shot.
  • Magic wrote:

What is your experience?

My experience is that ads in games are a step backwards. If you want to make marginal actual resources, go do Google Opinion Rewards for 17 cents a survey or whatever.
  • Jaedenkaal
    Jaedenkaal Posts: 3,357 Chairperson of the Boards
    Been a positive experience for me. Very first one was 100 HP. Today so far I've gotten 5000+ Iso, 135 HP, and maybe a token. The additional time investment is minimal for me (very rarely can I make even 250 iso in 30 seconds) and if it ever becomes an issue I can opt out.
  • I have a feeling that now instead of getting error messages I just stopped getting those intercepts that would give an error message, i.e. I've only got like 2 or 3 over the last 3 days and I don't get the promissed intercept for playing the first story node each day. Wierd!
    Anyone else getting this impression?
  • Coubii
    Coubii Posts: 133 Tile Toppler
    Got a 2minutes commercial yesterday. Seeing the length of it, I just dropped the phone on the couch and started something else and forgot I was playing.
    Recovered the phone before going to bed with a 250 iso8.png on the screen.
  • Magic
    Coubii wrote:
    Got a 2minutes commercial yesterday. Seeing the length of it, I just dropped the phone on the couch and started something else and forgot I was playing.
    Recovered the phone before going to bed with a 250 iso8.png on the screen.

This is becoming a trend for me. But I don't want to drop the phone for 2 minutes to get 250 iso. For 2500 I would, no doubt. But overall I play in burst and breaking one for 2 minutes is far from great. So I am now skipping the add more than I would like to (starved for resources).

Yet when I don't the rewards are good. I get HP and heroics rather often. Also it's not that frequent to get 250 iso so that is good as well. Only CP eludes me but one is just a small drop anyway.