A pve season?

Beastwood
Beastwood Posts: 68 Match Maker
Ok so i haven't thought to in depth into this but i was kind of thinking about how pure pve people need a little more, pvp you get an event every couple of days, lightning rounds and then you've got an on going simulator and the overall season all doling out rewards (and the simulator and overall season reward progression really dole out a lot of if you can keep up with it)

So how about some kind of PVE "Simulator" obviously not called that since there's already an event named that but i dunno training grounds whatever thats basically a PVE Pure progression tree but doles out rewards based on where you are at the game..
It's hard to explain properly what i mean but like a progression system where the points match the level of the training ground you do

So like Area 1 say 5 1 shot nodes (That can be repeated for no score but chuck out say 10 iso or something low) where the enemies are scaled for a 1* squad, have a set theme like say maggia and have 4 nodes of goons with a progreesive diffulty of them nodes to a final boss node whos tough (maybe scaled up to a certain level to make it a real challenge for 1* so the whole thing ain't a cakewalk but obviously not ridiculous for the bracket level to achieve) and shoots out a decent reward once per season then locks but the other 4 nodes reset once per day.. the points could then be reflected on a season board and have a progression system where the top reward would reflect full completion once per day but drops off the less days you do it but that whole tree upto that max score possible in that particular 1* area would be 1* rewards iso reflective of 1* rosters, some char covers with maybe a few 2* as you get towards the top and being once per day life doesn't kick you in the nuts so you can hit it where you get time rather than having to be in at the start and 2 hours from the end

then progress to a 2* tier of scoring and then 3* and so on giving overall progression rewards based on where people are at in the game, eventually you'd hit a natural cut of, like a 3* may be able to tackle some of the 4* nodes but not consistently enough or even fully clearing all nodes so wouldn't bag top 4* rewards or go above a certain point in that progression untill their squad got progressively stronger (and it would apply lower down aswell like people have 3/4 semi leveld 1* might not be able to hit the last few nodes or the boss) but would have a shot and nicking one or two early rewards from the tree ie a decent chuck of iso, maybe an cover from the early parts progression ladder thus allowing a little extra steady progression over the course of the month

Like i say i didn't fully flesh it out but you kind of get the idea where i am going, i don't see the point in holding people back so hard down the bottom end of the ladder, you want people to get hooked, get into the game and i think the lure of buying char slots and stuff only really kicks in when you start picking up good 3* covers, 4* is really tempting and 5* definitely gets you considering.. obviously i don't expect covers thrown out left right n center

think it would just add something more "pure pve" to the game (without the essential stuff etc) so you have the competitive we have a lot of free time to do placement within events pvers, the progression within events and stuff for casual pvers ... i dunno lol

Anyway if you read that bible, have a cookie icon_e_wink.gif

Comments

• TimGunn
    TimGunn Posts: 257 Mover and Shaker
    yeah, people have brought this idea up before. I just made a separate post on some suggestions i've heard before that i liked. Hopefully the new devs will see it.

viewtopic.php?f=8&t=55453