agent venom black

jredd
jredd Posts: 1,387 Chairperson of the Boards
edited November 2016 in MPQ General Discussion
any chance this gets changed in the future?

self damage. reduces ap. way to make a character unplayable.

probably going to turf the black i have now once the sim event is over.

other than that, seems like a decent character. c'mon guys, this is awful.

Comments

• DrDevilDinosaur
    DrDevilDinosaur Posts: 436 Mover and Shaker
    Getting a minimum 9 tile cascade each turn is pretty damn powerful; that's what the Passive form of Black gets you. The cost for this cascade is 2 AP and some damage. The self damage is equivalent to 4* match damage and represents such a small percentage of Agent Venom's health pool as to be negligible. As for the AP cost, well, I'm not sure how many other abilities currently still in the game cost 2 AP, but if you can rustle up a list I'll be happy to compare them together with you.

I'm not going to try and paint Agent Venom as some top tier killing machine, but to say he's unplayable is just a huge fallacy. Has Totally Awesome Hulk been forgotten so quickly?
  • jredd
    2ap isn't that much. but when you have a 12 ap ability ready to fire, then, oh wait never mind. there goes 2 ap. i'll get it next turn. make a match and it's ready to go again. wait, nope. never mind.

lather rinse repeat. that's frustrating. and stupid.
  • Bowgentle
    Bowgentle Posts: 7,926 Chairperson of the Boards
    jredd wrote:
    2ap isn't that much. but when you have a 12 ap ability ready to fire, then, oh wait never mind. there goes 2 ap. i'll get it next turn. make a match and it's ready to go again. wait, nope. never mind.

lather rinse repeat. that's frustrating. and stupid.
    You're getting board shake each turn you lose AP, that's the point of the ability.
    Don't undervalue cascade damage with strike tiles out.
  • Tromb2ch2
    Tromb2ch2 Posts: 301 Mover and Shaker
    Please look at the higher stages of black. The cost goes up the more covers you have. I promise it is his best ability just not undercovered.
  • Xenoberyll
    Xenoberyll Posts: 647 Critical Contributor
    It's ironic that his alien weakness is his his alien strength really. If you pair him with 5stars the constant board shake can do significant damage. Too bad the Devs didn't see that and the AP to start this goes higher as you get more covers.
  • jredd
    ok. i'll give it a chance. maybe...
  • Ducky
    Ducky Posts: 2,255 Community Moderator
    howard_icon.pngPlease keep all discussions about Agent Venom in the official character thread located here. Thanks! howard_icon.png
This discussion has been closed.