Eliminate scaling - difficulty off of scl...

stewbacca
stewbacca Posts: 82 Match Maker
I believe that with the addition of the scls scaling should be eliminated entirely...

Difficulty should now be set purely off of scl level. The point of scls was to move the heavy hitters to a different bracket, so in turn I believe the difficulty should reflect that as well.

If a person can't compete at those levels with their team they need to increase their roster to be able to complete, they shouldn't get a scaling advantage for the increased rewards, you are still punishing people for increasing their team.

Setting difficulty based on scl level would also eliminate those guys that sandbag their rosters....

I mean last thieves pve, last node with magneto was over 70k health for me ( I'm sure this was due to my 3 5* champions) but the leader of the bracket had no 5*s over lvl 350. I'm sure there was no way he was facing the same team I was. This needs to be corrected.

This is not me whining it's not fair, but I think making scls with increased rewards, means everyone should be facing the same difficulty. Set difficulties eliminates all the scaling complaints going forward as well as should make playtesting easier on devs as well for new setups.

Comments

• Polares
    Polares Posts: 2,643 Chairperson of the Boards
    If SCL was correctly implemented, this would effectively fix all problems in PvE. In PvP then MMR should be removed and use SCL instead too.

But, there are two big problems:

- One is that we need ALL SCLs for this to work. Right now in SCL8 there is too many people with too varied rosters. We need SCL9 and SCL10 (and maybe even SCL11 for 550 rosters).
    - Second is that SCL is not really a measure of the strength of your roster. A lot of people is for example winning A LOT of xp while farming 2s, so they win ranks but their rosters don't get better (or not as much as the xp they won). Farming basically defeats the purpose of SCL as a level of the strength of your roster.

So theoretically SCL was the solution to all our problems. In practice, it is very far from it. But I agree it would be the ideal solution.
  • cubnad
    cubnad Posts: 138 Tile Toppler
    Polares wrote:
    If SCL was correctly implemented, this would effectively fix all problems in PvE. In PvP then MMR should be removed and use SCL instead too.

But, there are two big problems:

- One is that we need ALL SCLs for this to work. Right now in SCL8 there is too many people with too varied rosters. We need SCL9 and SCL10 (and maybe even SCL11 for 550 rosters).
    - Second is that SCL is not really a measure of the strength of your roster. A lot of people is for example winning A LOT of xp while farming 2s, so they win ranks but their rosters don't get better (or not as much as the xp they won). Farming basically defeats the purpose of SCL as a level of the strength of your roster.

So theoretically SCL was the solution to all our problems. In practice, it is very far from it. But I agree it would be the ideal solution.

I see what your saying but if the difficulty was set by SCL based on where people should be with their roster. Than people with weaker rosters that might have unlocked SCL with farming and not what would either not be able to complete all the nodes for progression and therefore get really low placement so would force/incourage them to play at a SCL they can complete/compete in. But yes until SCL9 + 10 are out there'll would still be unfair balancing.