Puzzle Warriors 3 Episode #66!

XaOs72
XaOs72 Posts: 425 Mover and Shaker
edited November 2016 in MPQ General Discussion
Uncanny Holiday Episode

* Not much news, ton of comments, and we couldn't stop Craig from singing...
​​​* Shorter show this week, but a day early!
* Happy Thanksgiving!

http://www.puzzlewarriors3.com/pw3-e66.html

Comments

• Jaedenkaal
    Jaedenkaal Posts: 3,357 Chairperson of the Boards
    Would you guys just name your krutacking podcast network already!

Seriously though, I started listening in about... January (from Ep 1 of course) and it took me about 5 episodes to catch on. I felt a little dumb. I did (do?) love the UHF references though.
  • IamTheDanger
    IamTheDanger Posts: 1,093 Chairperson of the Boards
    Another great show. Even if it was a little short. But the show from before it was extra long, so I guess we can let it slide. icon_e_wink.gif Too bad about not recording the story I told you guys. However, if you want to, you can have me back on the show a second time, and I'll gladly tell it again. icon_e_biggrin.gif**wink*wink** I also have a couple others. They're reeaaalllyyy good ! One is even MPQ related. **wink*wink**

For Cyclops, I like to run him at 5/3/5 with Phoenix. My Phoenix is still under covered, but I'm shooting for a 5/5/3 build eventually specifically to run her with Cyc. Not only because they are one of my favorite couples from the Marvel universe, (until she died that is), but she covers green, and her purple can help fuel him.
  • Vhailorx
    Vhailorx Posts: 6,085 Chairperson of the Boards
    Thanks for the content as always!

Spot on feature character review this week guys! 4* cyc doesn't always seem awesome until you start playing with him. His abilities really benefit from careful placement, so he is much more puzzle-y than most other top tier characters. But he is a self-accellerating damage dealer with a bit of board control mixed in (and the ability to fuel other colors with clever team building), what's not to like!?

5/3/5 for general play, though 5 is yellow is a pretty cool if you want to use him as a battery for some other color, and running 3/5/5 isn't a terrible idea if you have a better red use boosted for a week (say Xpool, or IMHB), but you are almost guaranteed to forget to respec him and have to fight at least one match with a crippled red nuke before you remember!
  • ronin_san
    ronin_san Posts: 980 Critical Contributor
    4* Cyke is bonkers, and even a strong enabler if paired with a superior red user, like Star-Lord.

When Pete's yellow goes off, Cyke's yellow costs 3. So you can pepper the board with stupid-sexy-Cyclops. And when he's 3/5/5, one match nets you 4 red without reducing the reds on the board. At this point, Cyke's blue costs 6.....

So Pete's able to Saturday Night Fever punch the group into a win at 6AP a pop. And when there are 6 friendly timer tiles in play, Pete does closer to 9K per 6AP spent. That's more efficient than Cyke.

Cyke, in that regard, has functional builds at 3/5/5 or 5/3/5. But he should never be 5/5/3. His blue is just fantastic.

Now if they could just change around the blue and red abilities, in terms of names, he'd be perfect.
  • TxMoose
    TxMoose Posts: 4,319 Chairperson of the Boards
    4* cyke team for transitioners = 4cyke (5/3/5), 3storm (5/5/3), kk (5/5/3). once started this team is near-winfinite. many used them in the recent boss rush. start by chasing purple, yellow, green and blue. use kk purple (always use on black) to make green for storm. use storm green to make everything. use storm yellow to build up TU and make cascades. never use storm black since it will clog the board. when available and it makes sense, use cyke blue and red for damage and cascades. once loaded with ap, it can go for a long long time and as long as you survive the initial ap loading time, kk can heal you back up once you get the ap train rolling.

one note on the previous falcap week. a different type of team is falcap (5/3/5)/ghost rider (5/5/3)/profX (3/5/5). go inviz when possible. spam GR red/green. blue matches not only double boost the special tiles out from GR and PX (one boost from falcap and one boost from px if he's tanking blue) they also reduce a GR red tile for damage and more attack tiles. you can use falcap yellow, but you really want those boosts going to the attack and px strikes.

if you have these guys try them in a big enchilada. both are fun teams.