Minimum PVP Points

mpqr7
mpqr7 Posts: 2,642 Chairperson of the Boards
I don't want to waste time fighting people in my PVP MMR who are only worth 5 points. There should be a way to set the min points of the enemies you face. I would prefer at least 70, right? Or make it more like 60 or 50 points if the 70s are too hard for me.

Comments

• SnowcaTT
    SnowcaTT Posts: 3,486 Chairperson of the Boards
    I've been frustrated for seasons when there are 3*/4* rosters floating around my points...but I can't Q them because of MMR. Part of the solution is widening MMR so you can see below you...but that means people above you can see down as well.

Part of the solution is also changing point totals. It sucks that I can't hit 3* teams except at the beginning, and the 500/500 that double-tapped me last event could see my team with -one- total (unbuffed) character above level 305. MMR needs to streamline - laterunners just make everyone mad. (I've suggested points being worth different amounts at different times....)

Changing point totals could include changing losses WAY down, so if you are hit it is worth a lot less. One of the reason you can't find any points is because everyone shields early and often. Everyone does that because losses cost so much.

But at this point, I assume their revenue sources from HP are mostly from folks who want to shield a lot...so they can't remove those shield reasons...so they can't lower the point loss totals...so you will never be able to find un-shielded folks....

The game might as well put "on the box" as it were under requirements: 'outside communication required to score well at high levels'.
  • mpqr7
    mpqr7 Posts: 2,642 Chairperson of the Boards
    Once again, I couldn't even hit 1200 because once I made it to 11xx, all queues were for under 10 points.

How do you make a game where the final goal is completely out of reach, and no matter how much time or shielding you do, you simply can't hit it????

That is mind-numbingly frustrating game design.