Downvote Posts

Options
jimilinho_
jimilinho_ Posts: 292
edited November 2016 in MtGPQ General Discussion
Everyone knows there's trolls about and generally down voting posts is a good way of keeping them in check, why can't we do it here?

Comments

• Morphis
    Morphis Posts: 975 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Since i am a troll I'd like to down vote this post so... I should support this post? icon_neutral.gif
  • IamTheDanger
    IamTheDanger Posts: 1,093 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    The downvote option was removed a while back mainly due to people abusing it. Half the votes that were cast were nothing more than retaliatory, regardless of the content of the post itself. This topic has been discussed before, and I doubt the down votes will be coming back anytime soon. It was just causing far more trouble than it was worth.
  • Plastic
    Plastic Posts: 762 Critical Contributor
    Options
    The downvote option was removed a while back mainly due to people abusing it. Half the votes that were cast were nothing more than retaliatory, regardless of the content of the post itself. This topic has been discussed before, and I doubt the down votes will be coming back anytime soon. It was just causing far more trouble than it was worth.

Is there a way to limit people to X down votes per Y time? 3 per 24 hours? Genuine people wouldn't throw that ability away if they had to choose which posts to down vote carefully.
  • majincob
    majincob Posts: 732 Critical Contributor
    Options
    If you believe a post violates the forums rules, report it and the mods can handle the trolls. Don't feed the trolls.
  • Morphis
    Morphis Posts: 975 Critical Contributor
    Options
    majincob wrote:
    If you believe a post violates the forums rules, report it and the mods can handle the trolls. Don't feed the trolls.
    But I am hungry! icon_cry.gif