Which is your favorite PVE?

mpqr7
mpqr7 Posts: 2,642 Chairperson of the Boards
edited November 2016 in MPQ General Discussion
Just curious. My favorite is always Option 3, because it's the least stressful one, and you don't fear missing out on the prize or not having the required character.
Failed to load the poll.

Comments

• stochasticism
    stochasticism Posts: 1,181 Chairperson of the Boards
    The options posted has nothing to do with whether I like the event. My decision tree is as follows:

1. Is the event Venom Bomb?
    Yes: Event sucks
    No: proceed to question 2.
    2. Is the event one with Dark Avengers every node?
    Yes: Is it a Juggs Heroic?
    No: Play, with prejudice.
    3. Are the boosted characters fun and synergistic?
    Yes: Awesome, sounds good.
    No: Hmm, let me look at rewards.
  • GurlBYE
    GurlBYE Posts: 1,218 Chairperson of the Boards
    I know everyone hates EOTS but I'm usually swimming in tokens, even when im burned out and only clear things once.

Also obviously option 3.
  • vinsensual
    vinsensual Posts: 458 Mover and Shaker
    I'll play whatever pve because I'm desperate for CP. Except for the 6-7 day events, I just buckle down and become a match-3 automaton for 2 hours a day. There's usually something I dislike in each event: Dark Avengers, Sentries, wave nodes, caltrops, heroics, mediocre rewards. I enjoy Gauntlet, but last time it gave a Venom cover at the end. I usually enjoy Deadpool vs MPQ but that Kingpin node isn't fun.
  • I don't have a favorite, they are all a slog. Though I can say that the Simulator really is a pile of ****. I have completed every PvE since Boss Rush, including beating Boss Rush, and Simulator is the first one I'm saying no thanks to.

No thanks to this pile of **** D3. You claim to be listening now...
  • Jabrony_Geoff
    Jabrony_Geoff Posts: 378 Mover and Shaker
    edited November 2016
    I didn't vote because if I'm up for it , if the mind is healthy I will tackle anything......As long as there is a 48-hour sub in there somewhere.

No 48 hour sub I'm only in it for the CP/ Iso-8 and will take it easy.

Ive been there and done the hard grinding, can't do it anymore.
  • Beastwood
    Beastwood Posts: 68 Match Maker
    Kinda the same as the above, Dark Avenger combos, ninjas (tho i think strange is going to be the end of them) Symbiotes and Sentries grind my gears...(so that's most of the events really :/)

Generally i like the Team Iron man vs Team America, like the way the whole alliance chips into a big overall target alongside the personal targets and the actual Ultron fight is interesting watching them bombs etc

It is a pain when the event requires the new 4 star because generally you haven't earnt one yet or you have one with a couple of covers so he basically has to piggy back on someone tho most of my 4* and sometimes the event lacks forsight to make a character combo that really shows off the 4* (ie lets show you our knew invis dude against some aoe chars who render it useless) do that anyway because most only have 2/3 covers at best and i cant afford the iso for my elektra yet tho i don't feel she's worth the iso anyway but we'll see
  • dr tinykittylove
    dr tinykittylove Posts: 1,459 Chairperson of the Boards
    I like the pve after new release pves because I'm just playing for iso and progression as usual, the placement is more lax* (if you have the new character), plus I get to play with the fully covered loaner. icon_e_smile.gif

Really enjoying this new Agent Venom one. He's fun and the animations look good.
  • Mechahamster
    Mechahamster Posts: 237 Tile Toppler
    My favourite events are the 4 day ones, with two 24 hour and one 48 hour subevents. Gotta have that break in the middle, but not too much of a break so you don't get much progression.

We've now had 2 events in a row that consists of nothing but 24 hour subs. I need my break icon_lol.gif
  • granne
    granne Posts: 852 Critical Contributor
    48-hour subs are nice; especially if they happen to coincide with lightning round days so the Iso doesn't dip as much as usual.

I have a certain fondness for Enemy of the State. I like the extra tokens, and I enjoy wave nodes.

Oh, and I'd take ninjas over muscles any day.

Any. Day.
  • Jabrony_Geoff
    Jabrony_Geoff Posts: 378 Mover and Shaker
    edited November 2016
    My favourite events are the 4 day ones, with two 24 hour and one 48 hour subevents. Gotta have that break in the middle, but not too much of a break so you don't get much progression.

We've now had 2 events in a row that consists of nothing but 24 hour subs. I need my break icon_lol.gif

You laugh but this is such an important issue.
    The last two events I've only collected the CP from the nodes giving them out and farmed Iso-8 when I felt like it.

Back to back 24 hour sub level events over 4 or 7 days are UN-healthy. Well for me anyway.

Best PVE, DEADPOOL vs MPQ.
    Two back to back 48 hour sub levels baby.
  • Daiches
    Daiches Posts: 1,252 Chairperson of the Boards
    The new Strange event would be my choice IF they fix completely horrendously broken Sentry scaling first.

It ticks a lot of boxes: variety of enemies, wave nodes, boss fight, **** load of tokens
  • revskip
    revskip Posts: 1,005 Chairperson of the Boards
    Duck season. Duh.
  • DFiPL
    DFiPL Posts: 2,405 Chairperson of the Boards
    Anything new generally gets my vote, although that's always subject to execution.

Of existing PVE, I think EOTS. I have no love for ninjas, but there are a minimum of board movers and tokensplosion is always fun.
  • SummerGlau
    SummerGlau Posts: 1,027 Chairperson of the Boards
    I like Wave Nodes so EOTS gets my nod...plus it has a cool story
    I liked "Prodigal Sun" in the console version, because of the whole "Bring on the Bad Guys" idea, but haven't played it on pc yet
    sorry misread the question..I usually play well enough in PVE to get one cover for the new hero
  • Magic
    Magic Posts: 1,199 Chairperson of the Boards
    Not sure if I am misunderstanding the topic or others. Could be me.

If I am to answer based on the poll questions - it's the PvE following new release. People don't have it covered yet, grounds are fairly equal and since I usually have at least one cover myself the event is more laid back than any other.

If I would be naming my favorite PvE in a specific way - Strange was great (rewards were amazing) and any Alliance based event that guarantees multiple 4* or 5* (provided it's playable).
  • Lemminkäinen
    Lemminkäinen Posts: 378 Mover and Shaker
    The options posted has nothing to do with whether I like the event. My decision tree is as follows:

1. Is the event Venom Bomb?
    No: proceed to question 2.
    2. Is the event one with Dark Avengers every node?
    Yes: Is it a Juggs Heroic?
    No: Play, with prejudice.
    3. Are the boosted characters fun and synergistic?
    Yes: Awesome, sounds good.
    No: Hmm, let me look at rewards.
    What's wrong with Juggs Heroic? It has very few repeatable fights against Juggs and doesn't have the most obnoxious Heroics nodes (Carnage and two Muscles or such). Can't remember if it feature the Kingpin nodes, which are annoying, agreed but they still aren't Carnage nodes.
  • SnowcaTT
    SnowcaTT Posts: 3,486 Chairperson of the Boards
    PVE much better that it was. Rewards better than they were.

Scaling still to high and time required still to long - my favorite PVE is still "not doing it".

Exception: my favorite PVE is "the new one I haven't done 20 times"...can we get that every month instead of one of the two new/worthless characters?!?
  • JVReal
    JVReal Posts: 1,884 Chairperson of the Boards
    Not the answers I expected for the question... I thought I was actually supposed to answer which is my favorite PVE... which is Enemy of the State.

Then are the freestanding Cho and Antman events.

All the rest are tolerable based upon the boosted characters for the event.

I have recently played New Release events only for Progression, because the effort/reward to place is not there.
  • carrion_pigeons
    carrion_pigeons Posts: 942 Critical Contributor
    Favorite events: Gauntlet, then the time they ran Civil War with 5*s in the rewards, then well-tuned boss events, then some combination of R&G, Simulator, and Strange Sights, then heroics when I have a good team for them, then the Sentry event, then EotS, then any event that doesn't have multiple Daken/Bullseye nodes (except Venom Bomb, idr if VA does), then heroics generally, then the rest of the events, then Venom Bomb.

I only bother to actually set aside extra time for the game for Gauntlet and boss events though. Everything else is kinda academic.
  • dsds
    dsds Posts: 526
    I like Wave Nodes so EOTS gets my nod...plus it has a cool story
    I liked "Prodigal Sun" in the console version, because of the whole "Bring on the Bad Guys" idea, but haven't played it on pc yet
    sorry misread the question..I usually play well enough in PVE to get one cover for the new hero
    same here. Lots of event tokens in that one. Much more likely to get what i want form the vault.

I also like the week long thing because again more tokens and less competition because no one plays competitively the whole week.