Save backup to Facebook Misleading - Old save, New Phone

firethorne
firethorne Posts: 1,505 Chairperson of the Boards
Just got a new phone, so I had to reload my save. And, I think you should consider rewording the language around the string about saving data to Facebook if you haven't yet connected to Facebook. It was very misleading, as it was worded in such a way as to imply I would be saving my 1* tutorial team of Ironman, Storm, and Spider-Man over my existing 110 characters from my old device. I was very hesitant to do so, and didn't until a friend who had done this previously reassured me it was safe. It was only after pressing that button (which seems like a very bad idea by the wording) that you see the dialog for "Existing save data discovered, would you like to load it?" A simple alteration to the string to include "or load existing data" would save some trepidation. As it is, it is very counter intuitive.

Comments

• Beastwood
    Beastwood Posts: 68 Match Maker
    haha i know exactly what you mean, i had to send my phone in for repair a month or so ago and when it came back it was clean, when i put mpq back on (after getting past the stupid "this app is incompatible with your device" bug) i went to load my backup from Facebook and thought exactly the same thing... I had to google how to restore the account from a FB save, i even went on fb to make sure my last back up time matched up and only then did i go through with it and only then did i get that message of relief.