We need a new character that can steal AP...

2»

Comments

• I betcha it would be a robber type character maybe Prowler or the Shocker even, due to Homecoming.
  • zodiac339
    zodiac339 Posts: 1,948 Chairperson of the Boards
    Oh, please not Shocker. Vulture maybe. An Anti-Falcon with Dreadful Wings reducing enemy special tiles with matches (purple?). Actually, he fits the fragile bill better too. Buff the health pool and make it something like, "Spreading Wealth (Passive) If an enemy AP color pool has more than 9 AP, create an X-turn countdown tile that steals 3-5 AP of that color. Only one Spreading Wealth tile can exist in a given color." Threshold could go down to maybe 7 AP to activate. Throw in a damage ability, and maybe make it low cost with a "drawback" of increasing an enemy AP pool. Counter is obviously low cost powers, so pair with reactive allies like Starlord, Carnage (and you weaken the attack tiles you give them!), and Dr Strange.
  • fnedude
    fnedude Posts: 383 Mover and Shaker
    Just to point out, Peggy Carter does the exact opposite making the enemy's power cost substantially more (+5AP w/ 5 Yellow covers).

So that would be another route, other people with similar powers as Peggy C.
  • STOPTHIS
    STOPTHIS Posts: 781 Critical Contributor
    I don't think I want an AP stealing character in the 4* range. I'm just having visions of Peggy + AP stealing character in every non-5* PvP team. Those are going to be some long, drawn out matches.
  • zodiac339 wrote:
    Oh, please not Shocker. Vulture maybe. An Anti-Falcon with Dreadful Wings reducing enemy special tiles with matches (purple?). Actually, he fits the fragile bill better too. Buff the health pool and make it something like, "Spreading Wealth (Passive) If an enemy AP color pool has more than 9 AP, create an X-turn countdown tile that steals 3-5 AP of that color. Only one Spreading Wealth tile can exist in a given color." Threshold could go down to maybe 7 AP to activate. Throw in a damage ability, and maybe make it low cost with a "drawback" of increasing an enemy AP pool. Counter is obviously low cost powers, so pair with reactive allies like Starlord, Carnage (and you weaken the attack tiles you give them!), and Dr Strange.
    Yes, Vulture would would be ideal because he is the main villain of Homecoming. And we do need more S6 members.
  • Dormammu
    Dormammu Posts: 3,531 Chairperson of the Boards
    bbigler wrote:
    Why do I want this? Because AP stealing is both offense and defense at the same time. If I can consistently steal AP from the enemy team and protect against match damage, then I can stall forever and defeat anyone.

icon_lol.gif This made me laugh. What a great reason!
  • carrion_pigeons
    carrion_pigeons Posts: 942 Critical Contributor
    Peggy is the 4* answer to AP steal. And incidentally, her existence makes any true, sustainable AP steal impossible to implement in the tier, because the combination would be utter baloney.

What I think they maybe could do is create an ability that bounces AP back and forth between teams. Like, just spitballing here, but maybe have a tile like Gwenpool's gun tile, and whenever you match it, steal some AP from the enemy and respawn the tile on the board? And if the enemy matches it then they get all their AP back and it respawns again.
  • tgibbs40
    tgibbs40 Posts: 113 Tile Toppler
    What about a 5* Sauron?
    Power 1 (best power): Take control over a member of the opposing team and be able to use your AP to use their powers against their team.
    Power 2 (2nd best power): A passive AP steal that is obtained after firing Power 1.
    Power 3 (3rd best power): Send teammates airborne and let them activate a power upon landing.

Give him lower health for a 5*....those powers would be awesome.