Welcome to Anger Management.....

bbigler
bbigler Posts: 2,111 Chairperson of the Boards
edited November 2016 in MPQ General Discussion
Hello everyone and welcome to Anger Management. We will be expressing our feelings about playing MPQ in a safe and non-judgmental environment. My name is Bevan and I will start things off with an experience I had more than 2 years ago.

Back in March 2014, I had been playing MPQ for several months and felt confident in my ability to beat the bad guys in PvE. I rarely lost a match and felt that my smarts could beat any opponent. But one day, I came across a PvE event that had a ridiculously impossible node. It had Ragnarok and 2 Green feeding goons. After 4 turns, Ragnarok had enough Green to deal 3,000+ damage to my entire team. Back in 2014 almost no one had fully powered 3*s, so I was fighting with 2*s which would all die with that one attack.

After the first loss, I was surprised, but thought I would get them next time. Then I lost again and again and again, waiting in between matches because of health packs. This particular node unlocked further nodes, so I had to pass this one in order to get the PvE rewards. I tried every team combination and boost I could think of, but all failed. I got so angry at this situation that I went into the garage and punched the thick plastic trash can so hard that I put a large crack in it. Whenever I would take out the trash, I would see the crack and remember what happened. So I reminded myself over and over that it's just a game.

Comments

• Marine8394
    Marine8394 Posts: 301 Mover and Shaker
    Hi. My name is Norman. I to once had/have MPQ anger issues. One day not long ago, on a day off from work, I was laying on my couch bubbling in a froth of my own anger while playing EOTS. Each caltrops strike felt personal. After the match I laid my phone down walked outside and came to the decision to stop playing. After a few months time I came back with a new attitude. It's just a game. It doesn't control me. If I feel angry. Stop playing. If I feel like I need to do more than I can control. Stop playing. If I feel the urge to spend to help my advance in the game? Oh hell ya stop playing! Just stop for a while. Let the game be a game. A distraction from life, not a life altering distraction. It's okay not to play like your losing out on something, when life is what you be playing. Not a game.
    This what u looking for OP? icon_e_wink.gif
  • Punisher5784
    Punisher5784 Posts: 3,845 Chairperson of the Boards
    Hi, my name is Punisher and I am angry!!

wallpaper_20091109125117_2036620052.jpg?itok=evSbm-ao

One time I yelled out so loud my wife thought something terrible had happened, but then she saw me playing the game and told me to calm down. I replied to her that she will never understand what I go through icon_lol.gif
  • bbigler
    bbigler Posts: 2,111 Chairperson of the Boards
    Marine8394 wrote:
    Hi. My name is Norman. I to once had/have MPQ anger issues. One day not long ago, on a day off from work, I was laying on my couch bubbling in a froth of my own anger while playing EOTS. Each caltrops strike felt personal. After the match I laid my phone down walked outside and came to the decision to stop playing. After a few months time I came back with a new attitude. It's just a game. It doesn't control me. If I feel angry. Stop playing. If I feel like I need to do more than I can control. Stop playing. If I feel the urge to spend to help my advance in the game? Oh hell ya stop playing! Just stop for a while. Let the game be a game. A distraction from life, not a life altering distraction. It's okay not to play like your losing out on something, when life is what you be playing. Not a game.

Thanks, but not really. I'm curious if anyone has punched something or broken something or vented in some violent way because of the frustrations of this game. I also wonder if anyone remembers that ridiculously hard node with Ragnarok and 2 green feeders.
  • jredd
    jredd Posts: 1,387 Chairperson of the Boards
    bbigler wrote:
    Marine8394 wrote:

Thanks, but not really. I'm curious if anyone has punched something or broken something or vented in some violent way because of the frustrations of this game. I also wonder if anyone remembers that ridiculously hard node with Ragnarok and 2 green feeders.

i've smashed 2 phones because i make poor decisions when i'm angry. this game makes me angry. the first phone still works, but the second was trashed beyond repair. hopefully it's out of my system cause i don't think my wife will let me get another one.
  • IamTheDanger
    IamTheDanger Posts: 1,093 Chairperson of the Boards
    Hello everyone. My name is James. And I am addicted to Marvel Puzzle Quest.

I recall, once long ago in the dreaded times of the scourge known as "Rubberbanding", a particular match that cost me a Samsung Gal Tab 3. I was relatively new to the game and playing an event in PvE. The reward for ranks 1 and 2 was Xforce Wolverine. I know he was really bad back then, even worse than he is now if you can believe it. But I had almost every character in the game by then and had bitten by the Pokemon bug. Plus, he's Wolverine, so I really wanted him added to my roster.

Anyway, I played optimally and remained in second place for the entire event. I wasn't that far ahead of 3rd place, so I kept a close watch on the top 10 of the leader board throughout the event. With less than 20 minutes left, this players comes up out of nowhere. Someone that had not even been in the top 10. I later found out about rubber banding, but at the time all I saw was myself losing that shiny Xforce cover. I tried to keep my spot, but all nodes were down to one or two points. The end result, I came in 3rd place, missing out on second by 8 points. EIGHT MOTHER KITTEN POINTS !!!

I was so angry, I grabbed my tablet in my hands and twisted it into multiple pieces. This shattered my Gal Tab 3 and gave me a nasty cut across my palm.

Too long, didn't read? I broke my tablet, cut my hand and still didn't get an Xforce cover. icon_cry.gif

Learned a lesson that day. Thank you all for listening to my tale of woe. After all, the first step is admitting that I have problem.