4* tier complete?

carrion_pigeons
carrion_pigeons Posts: 942 Critical Contributor
edited November 2016 in MPQ General Discussion
So if I've counted correctly there are now 42 4*s in the game, which lines up correctly with having each of the original 40 champ 3*s mapping to a unique non-promo 4* character. Dr Strange changes things a bit although I don't know what character his champ levels give covers for. But in any case, one more 4* at most will fill that particular cup.

We've gotten no real hints at what at what they plan to do to manage character dilution, but the state of tokens right now is (with 5*s included in them) more dilute than they've ever been, so it makes sense that they would do *something*.

So will Medusa be a 6* for Christmas? What say the masses? Any other ideas for managing character dilution? Maybe split the population of 4*s into the two different legendary token types?

Comments

• smkspy
    smkspy Posts: 2,024 Chairperson of the Boards
    According to some it's still 40, since they want to put dd and Howard in the corner. So one more now that strange is here.

Personally, I would just split the current LTs.
    Latest- dropped the first 15 4s and reintroduce all the 5s. Keep the very latest 4s and 5s at an increased rate over older but still newish 4s and 5s. It makes zero sense that we spend 5 extra CP points and get the same shot at getting IW or MRF but no OML or IM46.

Classic- plain token that looks pretty much the same but still doesn't the very latest 4s and 5s. Say like the last 5 released 4s being withheld.

This keeps with their rng love fest for attaining covers, which my 8 out of 9 four to 1 covered 5 stars thank so much for.

Otherwise, they could just add more covers based on shield levels.

Level nine- 1 three star and 2 four stars.
    Level ten- 2 four stars and 1 five star
  • The Herald
    The Herald Posts: 463 Mover and Shaker
    Extra 3*s extend the foundations of the Champion progression.

The more commonly believed alternative is that the devs are just going to ruin their own system.with dilution for a while before panicking and fixing it.

If we're chucking in suggestions: 4* buddy rewards, each 4* gives out covers for a different 4*.
  • Hendross
    Hendross Posts: 762 Critical Contributor
    We've gotten no real hints at what at what they plan to do to manage character dilution, but the state of tokens right now is (with 5*s included in them) more dilute than they've ever been, so it makes sense that they would do *something*.

Why do you think they'll do anything... There's no benefit to fixing dilution or pull rates. This to will pass.