Hardest 1 Move Win?

Dormammu
Dormammu Posts: 3,531 Chairperson of the Boards
edited November 2016 in MPQ General Discussion
What is the hardest match you've won by only doing one move? In other words, your first move was your only move.

Edit: Or 1 turn! Those should count too. icon_e_biggrin.gif

Comments

• PuceMoose
    PuceMoose Posts: 1,445 Chairperson of the Boards
    Honestly, I think a one-move victory happened once, when I was steam-rolling some unfinished business in the prologue after Intercepts were announced against super weak teams. My most inspiring one turn victory against a reasonably matched team came about two years ago, when Patchneto was the big thing. Five-blue cascade led into five-blue cascade, and then it was all cackling and abuse of power until these was nothing but bodies on the other side of the screen.
  • wymtime
    wymtime Posts: 3,758 Chairperson of the Boards
    After championing OML I have won quite a few LR seed teams or trivial nodes in PVE on the first move. It actually happens fairly regularly.
  • Orion
    Orion Posts: 1,295 Chairperson of the Boards
    wymtime wrote:
    After championing OML I have won quite a few LR seed teams or trivial nodes in PVE on the first move. It actually happens fairly regularly.

Yeah, I know I've beaten 3 characters that were all above level 100 in 1 move with a crazy cascade. My OML does about 15k with a match-5 black that includes a crit tile.
  • DAC169
    DAC169 Posts: 122 Tile Toppler
    A couple weeks ago on DDQ when Prof X first came up and invisible tiles weren't working. After a few failed tries, I got real lucky. Started with a board that had 2 5-matches I could make without interfering with each other. Then when the dust settled, I could make another. Had 4 or 5 total 5-matches in there. Pic here. He's 5/5/3 but only level 120, so 4340 max health & Master Plan deals 3203 damage.
  • Huntah86
    Huntah86 Posts: 221 Tile Toppler
    In Boss Rush I beat the trio in the 2nd to last round in one turn (turn, not move but close enough) with Winfinite. I got lucky and the board started with 2 purple match 5s and I was off to the races from there. Couldnt even beat 2 of them any other time.
  • TxMoose
    TxMoose Posts: 4,319 Chairperson of the Boards
    I've gotten lucky with winfinite a couple of times for turn 1 victories against middling pve nodes. don't remember the exact level. probably in the 100s or 200s.
  • Moon Roach
    Moon Roach Posts: 2,863 Chairperson of the Boards
    In the nearly over Thick As Thieves, I left a match-5 alone in my first move, the AI moved, Jean Grey wiped them all out.

The difficulty there was preventing my auto-pilot making the match-5.
  • Berserk_Al
    Berserk_Al Posts: 411 Mover and Shaker
    Don't remember the details, but was some weeks ago when 3star Bullseye was boosted. He gave the final hit against an opponent during a cascade caused by the fist move. With 5 black, that gave lots of strike tiles. Used the extra move the chain gave me to start another chain that killed the other two.
  • Coltsjustwin
    Coltsjustwin Posts: 31 Just Dropped In
    I just destroyed today's big enchilada on my 3rd turn with oml, Prof x and quicksilver

Triple 5 match took out the first wave and it was over.
  • Mr_Sinister
    Mr_Sinister Posts: 356 Mover and Shaker
    Round 8 cap in first cw I matched 5 green and it was over from there. 2* storm, 2* Thor and 5* IM alternated powers to create more green and blue. Was awesome.
  • Hendross
    Hendross Posts: 762 Critical Contributor
    I don't know the exact numbers but I've cleared 3x 3-stars with winfinite with atleast 3-4 match 5s to start. This would make a great video competition. There is a big difference between 1-move and 1-turn though.
  • bbigler
    bbigler Posts: 2,111 Chairperson of the Boards
    This should be titled 1-turn win. I usually like to build up my AP and then take out the enemies when the timing is right, usually in a couple turns. But the most memorable matches I've had like that are:

Boss Rush - Used XFW, 3Mags, Loki to create an endless board shuffle and matching to kill all 3 bosses in 1 turn! The trick was getting it going before someone died.

Feb 2014 - Some kind of crazy difficult PvE match with boosted enemies that all had 15K health, which was unheard of back then and my fighting characters were all 2*s. So, I created an endless board shuffle combo with 2Thor, 2Widow, and 1Storm. Storm would clear out all environment tiles (team-up tiles) for 5 Red AP, then Thor would add green tiles for 12 Yellow AP, then Storm would use 10 Green AP to destroy 16 tiles and generate more AP, much of it being green. Widow would use 8 Purple AP to steal more AP and 9 Blue for defense. This could cycle so well, that I could defeat anyone, it just had to get going.
  • GrumpySmurf1002
    GrumpySmurf1002 Posts: 3,511 Chairperson of the Boards
    It's not 1-move, but I just second turned level 365 Carnage-Falcap-Antman, using OML-Hulk-TeenJean
  • Pongie
    Pongie Posts: 1,411 Chairperson of the Boards
    wymtime wrote:

Mine is only level 390 4/1/4 and I do it fairly often too. I came close to winning the DDQ 4 wave node once in 1 turn. Yes, there were that many match 5 and cascades and enough ap to get through 3.9 waves.
  • padei_panda
    padei_panda Posts: 55 Match Maker
    Boss Rush - Round 8 !!

Using Winfinite (Prof X, SW, GSBW)

Boosted 2 purple AP, and the board gave me a match-5 purple right off the bat + good spread of green across the board.

The bosses didn't even lift a finger... icon_lol.gif