I want to thank the Business Partners

Punisher5784
Punisher5784 Posts: 3,845 Chairperson of the Boards
edited November 2016 in MPQ General Discussion
This is a special thanks to the Thick as Thieves node: Business Partners. This node has the lovely team of a high-level Hood and Magneto.

Why am I thanking such an annoying and difficult node? Well I entered this event with no Kate Bishop for my 4* essential. As much as I wanted to skip this event, it is my civil duty as a Co-Commander of my alliance to ensure we place T100. So I entered the event and did all my clears except the 4* essential. I finally reached Kate Bishop at the start of the 3rd sub. At that point I was about rank 124.. close but wasn't sure it was close enough to make my way to T100, especially since I clinched T100 by the skin of my teeth the last few new character releases. When the 4th sub opened I was rank 101.. I did not think I had a chance to place T100.. it would be close. I completed all the nodes until Business Partners. I hate this node, I hate Hood, I hate Magneto board shaking me to death but clearing it is necessary for T100 whether I like it or not. I cleared all the nodes four times and pleasantly saw my rank rose to 65. The next day I saw I was still in the T100 at 80.. I cleared the last 2x of each node and by the end of the event I finished 89!!! icon_e_biggrin.gif

The only thing I can think of that allowed me to place T100 is Business Partners. Most players must have skipped this node. This makes me a very happy Punisher icon_lol.gif

Thought this would be nice to share. Does anyone else have a time they made T100 when they didn't think they would?

Coming soon: Punisher War Journal - a post of all my MPQ stories. Stay tuned! manablack.png

Comments

• CT1888
    CT1888 Posts: 1,201 Chairperson of the Boards
    I just want to take this opportunity to thank Teen 'Cheat Mode' Jean and her side kicks Ironman 40 and Scarlet Witch (my Electric Sabrina team) for making this one of the most hassle free pve events in a while.
    Looking good for top 100 after a half hearted effort over 2 days.
  • DFiPL
    DFiPL Posts: 2,405 Chairperson of the Boards
    The only thing I can think of that allowed me to place T100 is Business Partners. Most players must have skipped this node.

If I had realized Magneto was going to scale up to Crash of the Titans level of "oh **** you," I might have. By the time it hit that point, I was on the 4th clear and not in any mood to be screwed out of the Command Point.
  • wymtime
    wymtime Posts: 3,758 Chairperson of the Boards
    My team of OML , SS, and championed Kate have been crushing business partners. Kate has been doing 20k+ damage for blue, 16K damage for purple and black at 3 covers does over 9K damage. I am really sad Kate is not buffed for the week as this is the first time she has been buffed since I championed her.
  • stochasticism
    stochasticism Posts: 1,181 Chairperson of the Boards
    wymtime wrote:
    My team of OML , SS, and championed Kate have been crushing business partners. Kate has been doing 20k+ damage for blue, 16K damage for purple and black at 3 covers does over 9K damage. I am really sad Kate is not buffed for the week as this is the first time she has been buffed since I championed her.

She will be buffed next week.
  • j0nats
    j0nats Posts: 149 Tile Toppler
    Scarlet witch jean +Starlord is doing wonders for me this event. Even faster than using im40
  • Magic
    Magic Posts: 1,199 Chairperson of the Boards
    I have been riding on the back of Jean with Scartlet and Championed Dr Strange (over 2k damage per skill and very potent blue). Clearing any node with a goon becomes a breeze. For the Business Partners I have swapped him for championed Thing - cleared to 1 point without looking back. Having a good championed 4* (no 5*) makes any PvE easier. Let's see how it will work in the simulator.
  • Eddiemon
    Eddiemon Posts: 1,470 Chairperson of the Boards
    CT1888 wrote:
    I just want to take this opportunity to thank Teen 'Cheat Mode' Jean and her side kicks Ironman 40 and Scarlet Witch (my Electric Sabrina team) for making this one of the most hassle free pve events in a while.
    Looking good for top 100 after a half hearted effort over 2 days.

Actually went with Teen "Cheat Mode" Jean, Scarlet "Pink Fountain" Witch and Sam "I can't believe he's actually useful" Wilson Captain America.

It was the one event where Flaptain's blue was actually worth having.
  • JVReal
    JVReal Posts: 1,884 Chairperson of the Boards
    On the essentials, I've been going with Thoress/IM40... except the 2*Thor essential, then it was 3Clops/IF (I just cycled my 2Thor last week and am rebuilding him so he's under covered).

The rest I've been using my lvl 270 4/3/0 OML/XFDP/IM40 to blow through them. The occassional OML/XFDP/Antman to take on some of the tougher Muscle nodes.

It wasn't as bad as I remembered it, but once they scale 300+, ouch. Mags Blue hitting for over 9K... and XFDP only dropping 1 black retaliation CD for 3K damage almost feels unfair... my boosted roster wasn't going to cut it this time... not with this scaling.