AI Heroes repeatedly using powers w/ AP they don't have

ScubaMD
ScubaMD Posts: 34
This is getting too common, and very old. In the Simulator rounds, enemy heroes are repeatedly using powers that they don't have the AP to use.

This is not the same as the terrible design decision of enemy AI using goon auto-gain. Specifically in this case, this is Sim 05 with R&G, Cyclops, and The Punisher - Punisher used Molotov Cocktail several turns in a row without having gained any black AP.

This is actually fairly frequent, and seriously needs to be fixed because it's wasting players' time. If nothing else, there should be a cooldown between AI uses of a power (including goons), which would have made this less of an issue.

Comments

• JVReal
    JVReal Posts: 1,884 Chairperson of the Boards
    This happened to me today with Nova using Rocket Man in Simulator... he came down from being thrown by colossus, he was the only one alive, used rocket Man, assumed it was the free turn, then immediately used it 3 more times in a row while I still had active characters on my team, then I took a turn, then he used Rocket Man a 4th time, then I killed him. I don't know what was going on, but the AI has always had to wait a turn in between to use the same power again.

I was so stunned that I didn't even look at the AP, I just wanted to get him dead.
  • Ratboy
    Ratboy Posts: 10 Just Dropped In
    Happened to me while fighting the last Simulator node with Luke Cage in it, he was able to use Righteous Uppercut 2 turn in-a-row despite only having 14 yellow before using the first one. Very lucky for my I was using Elektra and her Shadow Step (which is also bugged) was able to absorb the damage from both.
  • Roguewookie26
    Roguewookie26 Posts: 45 Just Dropped In
    I have noticed this as well. Soecifically on the venom essential node with iceman. He used build/punch a snowman 5 times in 3 turns. Without matching blue.
  • Xzasxz
    Xzasxz Posts: 124 Tile Toppler
    Since I saw enemy icon_storm.png fired Hailstorm in the second turn, after it did only ONE match in the first one, no bug will be a surprise to me. What we encounter recently seems like a competition, who will be more creative in creating new, not expected bug.
  • Mr_Sinister
    Mr_Sinister Posts: 356 Mover and Shaker
    Just happened to me. GSBW used sniper with 18 AP.
  • BlackSheep101
    BlackSheep101 Posts: 2,025 Chairperson of the Boards
    Sniper rifle's cost varies. Are you sure she had 5 greenflag.png?