more duplicate cover pulls!

Crnch73
Crnch73 Posts: 504 Critical Contributor
edited November 2016 in MPQ General Discussion
100 CP spent. Each yielded a color of a 4* character that I can not use. Please also note, I have no 4* characters that are cover maxed, but I have 5 characters that have 5 in a single color.

Carnage red, Peggy blue, Cyclops red, Ghost Rider red, Venom green.

RNG hates me, and the developers refuse to help us out. I suck at PVP, so 100CP takes a long time to earn. with 40+ characters at 4*, I will never fully cover my characters at this rate. I am just spinning my tires while they just further dilute the character pool with new releases.

Comments

• catcusvader
    catcusvader Posts: 93 Match Maker
    I'll trade blackflag.pngicon_mrfantastic.png and greenflag.pngicon_punisher.png (4*) for cyclops Red and peggy blue

I keep getting those covers over and over, so yeah duplicate covers are not much fun.
  • HaywireII
    HaywireII Posts: 568 Critical Contributor
    icon_venom.png 2/5/5
    icon_ghostrider.png 5/2/5
    icon_redhulk.png 5/1/5
    icon_miles.png 1/1/5
    icon_katebishop.png 0/1/5

I waste all of the covers. All day every day. Progression reward for Thick as Thieves was my 6th Kate Bishop Purple.

On the other hand..... now that I've gotten over the initial hump I get so many 4* covers I'm not sure if I should care. Between CP, Crash of the Titans, Champion Rewards, Story Mode Progression and 900 in Versus Mode I get about one 4* cover every day. On top of that I get one or two a week from token pulls. The Kate Bishop has to get sold for ISO but a heroic token gave me a Gwenpool Black. I'm hoping it all evens out in the end.

Now 5* covers ...... I would cry if I had to sell one but I pull one so rarely that I don't expect any color to hit 5 covers under the current rng system.
  • bigsmooth
    bigsmooth Posts: 375 Mover and Shaker
    OP, my roster is similar to yours and I had the same problem. A few weeks ago I had a total of 4 star.pngstar.pngstar.pngstar.png powers max covered. One of them was Carnage Green. I opened 17 Latest Legends tokens after Dr. Strange released, and two of them were Carnage Green. icon_evil.gif It's terrible luck, but it happens to everyone at some point, and hopefully it balances out later.

P.S. you won't get much sympathy on the forum considering the large number of people here with advanced rosters who have sold depressingly large numbers of 5* covers... icon_e_wink.gif
  • smkspy
    smkspy Posts: 2,024 Chairperson of the Boards
    Yep, we all go through it. Just last week was bombed with thing red and green covers when one yellow for that 13th.

Then I pulled an OML yellow and Nova yellow. RNG has a cruel sense of humor.
  • Crnch73
    Yea I know it happens to everyone eventually. I was just venting. I wish there was something we could do with the covers rather than just sell for 1000 ISO. Whether that be trading covers within an alliance (would have to be pretty smart coding to prevent exploitation), re-roll options on such an occurrence, color-less covers (ideal but unlikely)... I dunno. It's just frustrating because it's not like I have an amazing roster, I just can't seem to get anywhere and all the devs do is make it harder.

I still advocate for the re-roll. If you have a non-champed character who is not at 13 covers, you should be able to get some sort of compensation if you pull an unusable cover. Maybe 15 CP, so it's not just apples-to-apples, but it would at least make me feel like "OK, that's not ideal, but also not the end of the world." Right now... it really feels like a gut-punch.
  • TheDrStrange
    TheDrStrange Posts: 89 Match Maker
    I feel that particular pain too. I think I've gotten like 5 extra green wolverine covers and another 5 extra star-lord purple covers. That's not to mention the other random covers that I've gotten extras of. Over time, I've hit more stuff that I can use though, and I'm finally hitting max covers on a few 4-stars. I've only champed one of them, but it won't be long for the next one. So, worry not! You'll have a good streak and hit 13 covers on a character before you know it.
  • DapperChewie
    DapperChewie Posts: 399 Mover and Shaker
    ...5 extra star-lord purple covers...

I'm in the same boat. Gotten so many red & purple covers for Star Lord, who is at 5/2/5. I really want to champ him, to the point where I am selling Gamora covers instead of champing her just so when I do either get that last yellow cover, or decide to spend 120cp on him, I'll be able to have another cover to use for it.
  • snlf25
    snlf25 Posts: 947 Critical Contributor
    My last 3 Iceman and Jean Greys have all gone to waste. I feel like Charlton Heston in a loin cloth in front of the Statue of Liberty every time.
  • DFiPL
    DFiPL Posts: 2,405 Chairperson of the Boards
    Crnch73 wrote:
    100 CP spent. Each yielded a color of a 4* character that I can not use. Please also note, I have no 4* characters that are cover maxed, but I have 5 characters that have 5 in a single color.

Carnage red, Peggy blue, Cyclops red, Ghost Rider red, Venom green.

RNG hates me, and the developers refuse to help us out. I suck at PVP, so 100CP takes a long time to earn. with 40+ characters at 4*, I will never fully cover my characters at this rate. I am just spinning my tires while they just further dilute the character pool with new releases.

I would do vile things to somebody I didn't much care for to get a red or green Ghost Rider so I could max him.
  • Crnch73
    DFiPL wrote:

I would do vile things to somebody I didn't much care for to get a red or green Ghost Rider so I could max him.

haha you can take mine. He is 3/5/0 right now, and without getting some black covers, he is useless to me.
  • mpqr7
    mpqr7 Posts: 2,642 Chairperson of the Boards
    It happens to me too often, and it's painful every time, especially when it's for a 5* character.
  • Polares
    Polares Posts: 2,643 Chairperson of the Boards
    Between 6th useless covers, and not getting to the advertised pull ratio, the 5 transition is really a 'party' icon_razz.gif
  • Dartmaster01
    Dartmaster01 Posts: 634 Critical Contributor
    I got an extra Peggy yellow in my Q if anyone wants it. Just let me know and I'll send it over. icon_e_wink.gif