Upcoming character vaults

bbf2
bbf2 Posts: 109 Tile Toppler
edited November 2016 in MPQ General Discussion
Sorry if this has been asked before, but I was wondering if there was any way to see what the upcoming special character vaults are? (the first one being XF Deadpool and the second one being Flaptain). I would like to know so it can help me plan on potential four-stars to plan on championing next. Have they posted it anywhere? Thanks

Comments

• Phumade
    Phumade Posts: 2,495 Chairperson of the Boards
    they've never posted that info before, but this seems like a Brigby type issue. Maybe this is something he can implement like the sneak peak
  • snlf25
    snlf25 Posts: 947 Critical Contributor
    Nothing has been communicated as far as I know, the best theory I've seen is now that cupcakes are dead they've seen a steep decline in people spending HP as they aren't buying as many shields so they are giving these to entice us to spend. I haven't had any interest and there's really only 3 of this type of vault I'd spend on, Peggy of any color, Iceman of any color but blue and Red Hulk of any color but purple. I'm patient enough to resist the rest. I've been wasting a ton of HP on daily 100hp vault deals and I'm going to hoard up enough to get something good this time like a 40 pack or a completes clear out of an 80 item vault, something like that.
  • Magic
    Magic Posts: 1,199 Chairperson of the Boards
    When I look at this it's 3000 HP for a needed 4* (used to be 2500 and I have used it once or twice). While doing I would get 3500 ISO, 3 3* covers that will net me extra rewards and 14 2* that will net me rewards. So net value of this vault is much better than it used to be. In this regard I hope they will keep doing the vaults and I would appreciate the plan of who will be there next (or preferably some insight into the future - next 4 vaults or something like that).

The downside - it's one per very long time so I will have to wait for the cover I desire a while. Plus where we are - there is only one cover in the game I would be willing to spend the 2500-3000 HP on. What are my chances it's going to be the desired one in any of the next vaults? Slim to none? 1 in 123? Each vault open for 7 days? So in 861 days I am guaranteed to get the cover I need? I guess RNG will give it to me much sooner (or I will spend 120 CP when I have the ISO and the character is boosted to benefit the most).
  • GurlBYE
    GurlBYE Posts: 1,218 Chairperson of the Boards
    Magic wrote:
    When I look at this it's 3000 HP for a needed 4* (used to be 2500 and I have used it once or twice). While doing I would get 3500 ISO, 3 3* covers that will net me extra rewards and 14 2* that will net me rewards. So net value of this vault is much better than it used to be. In this regard I hope they will keep doing the vaults and I would appreciate the plan of who will be there next (or preferably some insight into the future - next 4 vaults or something like that).

The downside - it's one per very long time so I will have to wait for the cover I desire a while. Plus where we are - there is only one cover in the game I would be willing to spend the 2500-3000 HP on. What are my chances it's going to be the desired one in any of the next vaults? Slim to none? 1 in 123? Each vault open for 7 days? So in 861 days I am guaranteed to get the cover I need? I guess RNG will give it to me much sooner (or I will spend 120 CP when I have the ISO and the character is boosted to benefit the most).

2500 HP was incredibly expensive lol and that was when 4's were the best thing in game.

It's not worth it for 1 cover of 1 of 40 4 stars.
  • broll
    broll Posts: 4,732 Chairperson of the Boards
    These are garbage as they exist currently IMO.

Easy fixes to make these vaults worth it:
    1. Remove most or all of the 2* characters and replace with decent amount of ISO, maybe 1000. LTs and HTs are already purchasable for getting 2*. The people likely to be opening these vaults don't really need 2*, make is so the consolation prize is at least more usable.
    2. Have 1-3 HP token worth the same or slightly more than opening a single slot so you have a chance and at getting a redo.
    3. Allow a reset button to reset the color of the cover but not the character. (reset button locks out after the 4* token is gained to prevent whaling)
  • MPQ_Daywalker
    MPQ_Daywalker Posts: 384 Mover and Shaker
    GurlBYE wrote:
    2500 HP was incredibly expensive lol and that was when 4's were the best thing in game.

Unless that one cover is for Peggy Carter. My 2/3/5 Peggy needs more red and yellow, and I will definitely spend HP on that.
  • mpqr7
    mpqr7 Posts: 2,642 Chairperson of the Boards
    I have a lot of HP these days... gotta spend it on something lol.
  • broll
    broll Posts: 4,732 Chairperson of the Boards
    mpqr7 wrote:
    I have a lot of HP these days... gotta spend it on something lol.

Must be nice. I can barely keep up with 1000 HP for every new character.
  • Magic
    Magic Posts: 1,199 Chairperson of the Boards
    GurlBYE wrote:

Unless that one cover is for Peggy Carter. My 2/3/5 Peggy needs more red and yellow, and I will definitely spend HP on that.

This is exactly my point. I need one Peggy cover to max cover her. If the vault is that I will buy it (one by one to give RNG a chance at a discount). One other could be Quake who also needs one cover to get it to max. I would not spend that much HP on any other 4* cover in game. So I can picture the circumstances when such a vault is good. For me it would not work - but for people who miss Jean or Ice or Peggy or Hulkbuster - why not. For a top tier 4 to finish it it's better to use HP than CP.