Level 360 vs 375 MMR

Hendross
Hendross Posts: 762 Critical Contributor
edited November 2016 in MPQ General Discussion
I have a deep roster of championed 4-stars.

Currently I have 3, 5-stars soft-capped at 360, and am very happy with my MMR. While they are not ready for PvP, the match damage alone helps breeze through PvE. RNG has not been kind to me, yada yada yada.

With this strategy, thanks to forumites advice, 15 levels lower than buffed 4s @ 375... I never have to fight a champed 5-star in PvP, and only require 1 3hr shield at 1,000pts.

Can I safely move to 375 with no side-effects? Does anyone have this configuration? or should I leave well enough alone, until I'm ready to make the quantum leap?

P,S I do enjoy the diversity of 4-star MMR in PvP

Using the same logic, if I had a maxed 4-star (level 370) would my 5s be in the same MMR at level 475?

Comments

• Phumade
    Phumade Posts: 2,495 Chairperson of the Boards
    Many people have speculated that 5* MMR is a combination of BOTH levels and "crossing the magic line"

Its never been definitively proven that their is a "magic line number" but theirs lots of anecdotal evidence that going to 375 flips on a switch and you get thrown to the deep end.

In this day and age of diluted 5*, If there isn't a compelling reason to level a 5* past 360, then I would wait until you can max out 3 5* simultaneously.

Only you can answer that question for yourself, but if for some reason you become visible to dual 5* mmr, then your basically the cc team for the shard.
  • GurlBYE
    GurlBYE Posts: 1,218 Chairperson of the Boards
    I feel like players have been hit hard because they likely are getting weird 5 distributions and haven't really formed 5 stars teams that support each other.

Maybe wait until you have like 4-5 5 stars ready before taking them too high?

I It's a lot to do with the distribution curve.

The further you go above a boosted 4 stars max the further away from proper scaling you will go. It's exponential instead of linear, and the source of that curve is in that territory.

We had the developers confirm they don't have rosters there. so don't rush there.

I mean safest bet is to sit comfortably around you're highest champed 4 star.
    Besides my unleveled 5's at 2 covers, that my rule for 3 to 4 transition.
  • Pylgrim
    Pylgrim Posts: 2,328 Chairperson of the Boards
    I have goblin at 420. And Surfer, Bolt, and OML at 367.

Im with the OP. Scaling is manageable and MMR diverse. I can hit just about any goal I want. No incentive to raise the ceiling.

So i use a the iso to keep churning 2s and maxing mediocre 4s now and then. At some point i need to start hoarding legendarily again, but i keep opening anyway.

Dont stumble into the deep end. Save up and make a might intentional splash.

How are you fine with Goblin at 420? Are your champ 4*s high enough that they boost to that level?