Punisher took down 28K HP Thing

Dragon_Nexus
Dragon_Nexus Posts: 3,701 Chairperson of the Boards
Playing the Punisher PvP and during the fight I noticed their Punisher had Retribution ready. I could only make one move, which was to put my Punisher in front by matching a black. Didn't matter to me, he had 4K HP left and it didn't really matter. So enemy Punisher used his Retribution, at which time Thing jumped in the way, obviously seeing my Punisher would take more than ~3,500 damage. So he stepped in the way to do his Rock Solid ability, at which time he is hit for the 28k remaining HP he had and died. At about 80% health remaining.

Really I feel this should have done whatever HP my punisher had left in damage, though I imagine that's much harder to code.

As such I'm not sure how you guys could fix this, but it's really bonkers that the game enters some kind of paradox whereby if it hit the original target, it would kill them, but if it hits the new target it wouldn't have killed them normally...so it makes the decision to simply kill them.

Comments

• CrookedKnight
    CrookedKnight Posts: 2,579 Chairperson of the Boards
    This is an old bug that they fixed...over a year ago, maybe? And now it's back.
  • MPQ_Daywalker
    MPQ_Daywalker Posts: 384 Mover and Shaker
    I also encountered this bug, multiple times, during the Punisher PVP. Incredibly frustrating. First time it happened I thought my Thing had actually been that low on health; I wasn't positive. The 2nd, and then 3rd time it happened... yeah. Not cool.

I was running champed Jean Grey and The Thing, as was apparently nearly everyone else I queued after I hit 700.
  • GuntherBlobel
    GuntherBlobel Posts: 987 Critical Contributor
    Came here to report this as well.
  • Bossblack
    Bossblack Posts: 80 Match Maker
    Same happened to me...