POLL: Customer Service. What's your Experience?

Taganov
Taganov Posts: 279 Mover and Shaker
edited November 2016 in MPQ General Discussion
I just wanted to compare notes with other players about their CS experience. I have no ringing endorsements to give.

Has anyone been successful escalating to a manager, or even getting a non-template response? Please share, if you would. I always go with: try to remain civil, never use profanity, keep the ask reasonable. So far, I've had no success. icon_cry.gif

EDIT: So my situation is I've abandoned Steam, and wanted my stuff on mobile (70+ slots, some maxed 3s and 4s). The first reply established they could not merge accounts and no FB integration was planned for Steam.
Me: OK. Could we sandbox my Steam account and add digital goods to mobile?
CS: No, we cannot merge accounts.
Me: I'm not asking to merge accounts. Just want the stuff I paid for on mobile.
Me: OK. This is disappointing. What CAN you do? Can I get tokens?
CS: No. We cannot merge accounts.
Me: OK. Got that. What can you do to compensate customers?

I'm on the 8th reopen of the ticket. To their credit, responses are fairly quick. To not their credit, 3 of their responses are copy/paste.
Failed to load the poll.

Comments

• Gargamel86
    Gargamel86 Posts: 12 Just Dropped In
    I've had dealings with CS few times and am very satisfied so far.
    When the game got upgraded from beta couple years back and they switched the Rainbow boost from costing ISO to HP, I didn't notice the change so I spent around 200 HP for the boosts (was using them regularly). I wrote to them asking if i could get the HP back and they credited me the HP.
    I have asked for instructions for transfering the saved game when I swithed phones, which they provided in detail, and also once I mistakenly reverted my game to a save that was done few months prior, which they rolled back to my then current save.
    And, all this was replied and done pretty swiftly, 15 mins - 1 hour max.
    So, great experience with CS so far, hopefully will remain that way.
  • zulux21
    zulux21 Posts: 249 Tile Toppler
    in the past... my experiences were good.

I needed an inactive player booted from the alliance for a boss event... they did it in 15 minutes.

now with them screwing over steam users and trying to get my account moved to mobile, not only have I gotten no good answer, they were taking 3 days between responses.

it's clear that they just don't give a **** about steam users at all. It's really a shame, but what ever, I can find some other company to give my $10 a month to instead of renewing VIP if they don't want to move me to mobile. No way at all I continue to pay for VIP (which I never felt was worth it I was just buying to support them) that costs the same as mobile but has a vastly inferior VIP service in comparison.
  • revskip
    revskip Posts: 1,005 Chairperson of the Boards
    I've had mostly decent experiences with CS although my last interaction with them was beyond frustrating. It became very apparent right away that no one was reading what I was writing and were just sending copy/paste responses that weren't at all applicable to my actual issue. In their last response they even had the gall to tell me that despite not having a record of my last VIP purchase even after I attached the google play receipt that I could go and buy a 1.99 package to enable the feature that skips the ads.
  • Eddiemon
    Eddiemon Posts: 1,470 Chairperson of the Boards
    Taganov wrote:
    Me: I'm not asking to merge accounts. Just want the stuff I paid for on mobile.
    Me: OK. This is disappointing. What CAN you do? Can I get tokens?
    CS: No. We cannot merge accounts.
    Me: OK. Got that. What can you do to compensate customers?

I'm on the 8th reopen of the ticket. To their credit, responses are fairly quick. To not their credit, 3 of their responses are copy/paste.

Except you are asking them to merge accounts. That is exactly what you were asking for only using different words.

And you want them to 'compensate' you for your decision to change platforms? Do you understand what the word compensate actually means?

I'm not surprised you are getting cut and paste responses when the first 6 'we don't do that and it's not a service we offer' didn't work.
  • DFiPL
    DFiPL Posts: 2,405 Chairperson of the Boards
    Customer service has saved me from my own dumbass self on multiple occasions. On that front, I have nothing but positive things to say about them.

They've come through on a couple other occasions when I contacted them as part of a forlorn hope with an issue and they said 'sure, no problem.'

That said, I've had my share of frustrations, too, but the more I deal with them and see them make things right when the issue arose because the user made a stupid, the more I think my frustrations are more with the business model than with customer service.

They've picked me up so many times when they were under no obligation to that I'm finding it harder to fault them for not intervening with legitimate (if frustrating) results that arise from how the game works.
  • Taganov
    Eddiemon wrote:

Except you are asking them to merge accounts. That is exactly what you were asking for only using different words.

And you want them to 'compensate' you for your decision to change platforms? Do you understand what the word compensate actually means?

I'm not surprised you are getting cut and paste responses when the first 6 'we don't do that and it's not a service we offer' didn't work.

Am I? I'm not asking for my roster slots, characters, HP or ISO; well, not since the 3rd email where it was clear "merge accounts" wasn't limited to cross platform/device play icon_e_wink.gif. I never asked for a $$ refund. I get that they aren't willing to merge accounts. My question is: What are they authorized or willing to do? I put myself through school doing CS. You might not be able to give what people are asking, but you can give something.

And yes, I understand what compensation means. My decision to abandon Steam is based entirely on D3's decision to do the same. The disparity between platforms was always bad, but now with intercepts? If D3 isn't willing to merge accounts and isn't willing to have support parity between platforms, they should be prepared to offer some form of compensation.

Since you had their template response verbatim, I'm guessing you've been through this before and decided this was satisfactory? I'm surprised--and not quite willing to resign this yet--but I am glad for a counter view.
  • TeamStewie
    TeamStewie Posts: 357 Mover and Shaker
    They've been rather slow but both times things eventually got resolved. The first time they helped my dumb **** self restore my game after it got wiped. The second time they got me a cover back which somehow didn't show up after winning it in progression. All in all I'm happy with them.
  • SummerGlau
    SummerGlau Posts: 1,027 Chairperson of the Boards
    Shouldn't there be a sixth option - "No Customer Service Experience"
  • fmftint
    fmftint Posts: 3,653 Chairperson of the Boards
    My CS experiences are
    We can't do that
    We won't do that
    We can't discuss what we've done for others
  • PuceMoose
    PuceMoose Posts: 1,445 Chairperson of the Boards
    I've contacted customer service three times over the course of my 1,100 days, and I've had resolution within three business days - they've been good to me so far *knock on wood*.
  • morph3us
    morph3us Posts: 859 Critical Contributor

I believe that's called "not voting in the poll".
  • SummerGlau
    SummerGlau Posts: 1,027 Chairperson of the Boards
    morph3us wrote:

I believe that's called "not voting in the poll".
    was merely pointing out that these polls don't allow for more possibilities
    such as "how did you champion your 5 star"?
    wouldn't it be good to also know how many don't even have a championed 5-star?
  • morph3us

If it's not relevant to the population the pollster is trying to sample, all you're going to do is dilute your results by adding the question.
  • morph3us
    morph3us wrote:

If it's not relevant to the population the pollster is trying to sample, all you're going to do is dilute your results by adding the question.

Disagree. It's relevant to know how many are/aren't affected.

As for my CS experiences, by the standards outline above, they have been all over the map. Excellent, Fair, Poor, and Abysmal at various times. No record as far as how many of each. But usually the abysmal experiences were in relation to systemic issues that the devs are unwilling or unable to solve.

I'll argue this one with you, Aes.

You're effectively asking two questions in one, if you add the "no contact with CS option".
    (1) Have you had to contact CS or not?
    (2) If you did contact CS, what was your experience with them?

The OP doesn't want to know the percentages of players who have or haven't needed to contact CS. If you throw them into the same poll, you're changing your percentages, which will make the overall figures for CS satisfaction/dissatisfaction proportionately smaller. Sure, you can work out your actual percentages of CS satisfaction with the raw numbers, if you throw in the extra question, but I doubt most people will be bothered to figure that out.
  • TLCstormz
    TLCstormz Posts: 1,668
    It actually depends on WHICH CS REP you get.

Needless to say, though....more often than not, almost all of them are AWFUL.

Not exactly sure why people like to pretend that they are not. So odd.
  • I'm still waiting for them to pay people back for the Devil Dinosaur PvP event not giving out any iso. Double iso anniversary my ****.

5 tickets so far, nothing but "mass compensation will be sent out." Oh yeah??

Their CS is atrocious.
  • Bowgentle
    Bowgentle Posts: 7,926 Chairperson of the Boards
    TLCstormz wrote:

There are exactly TWO CS reps, TJM and RBK.
    I've never seen any others.
  • Taganov
    Bowgentle wrote:
    TLCstormz wrote:

Dear sweet mother of God. If there are only 2 reps that almost completely justifies copy/paste responses. So it's a dismal grind for both customers and our support.
  • fmftint
    fmftint Posts: 3,653 Chairperson of the Boards
    Bowgentle wrote:
    TLCstormz wrote:

I can add a LMC to the list, same results as the other 2
  • morph3us
    When designing a poll, it's basic intellectual honesty to attempt to cover the full spectrum. Failing to including the "N/As" in any poll risks blowing positive or negative results out of proportion, by failing to judge how much of the overall population is affected at all.

What's the sample population, though? Everybody? Or just the people who have had to contact CS?

I'd argue that it's just the people who've had to contact CS. I suspect the vast majority of people have not had to contact CS at all, which would render the relative proportion of respondents with CS experience to very small percentages indeed. That's why I think they're two separate samples, that shouldn't be included in the same poll.

Granted, if you increase your sample number, you technically increase the power of your study, but only if the sample is actually representative. The non-CS experience people aren't really relevant to the question being asked here.

(I can't believe I'm stupid enough to argue with the Man With The Graphs.)