PSA-Don't go to SCL 8 PvP unless...

Mr_Sinister
Mr_Sinister Posts: 356 Mover and Shaker
edited November 2016 in MPQ General Discussion
You've got champed 5*. You will get destroyed. Hopefully SCL 9 is right around the corner. So all you late climbers curious to check it out, don't.

Comments

• Kjempen
    Kjempen Posts: 117 Tile Toppler
    What's special about SCL 8? I'm playing in SCL 8, and I don't notice anything different in top placements or opponents' rosters (yet); top 10 all have championed 5*s as usual, and that's not much difference since many months before introduction of clearance levels. Should I get different MMR or scoreboards/rankings if I choose a lower clearance level? (I don't have a single usable 5* yet.) So if there's any way I can have a fair shot at reaching top 10, I'm all ears...
  • Mr_Sinister
    Kjempen wrote:
    What's special about SCL 8? I'm playing in SCL 8, and I don't notice anything different in top placements or opponents' rosters (yet); top 10 all have championed 5*s as usual, and that's not much difference since many months before introduction of clearance levels. Should I get different MMR or scoreboards/rankings if I choose a lower clearance level? (I don't have a single usable 5* yet.) So if there's any way I can have a fair shot at reaching top 10, I'm all ears...

There was a decent split up of the 5* player base between 6 & 7 from my experience. They have flocked to 8 and, yes you are seeing 5* players in top 10, but it seems to extend now to t25. Scores over 1k is down to 30ish place in my bracket, which is nuts.
  • ClydeFrog76
    ClydeFrog76 Posts: 1,350 Chairperson of the Boards
    Ahh sweet vindication. Made the choice to stick with 7 for the foreseeable future and I'm bloody glad I did based on this info.
  • Kjempen
    Kjempen Posts: 117 Tile Toppler
    Ok, so lately I've been able to hit 900+ points in PVP (just before they opened up for SCL 8), and make it to top 25 several times, but that is now out of the question? Best I can hope for is top 40/50 (in SCL 8) because of my lack of (championed/playable) 5*s?

Anybody knows what SCL 7 looks like after introduction of SCL 8 (rosters in top 25 and roughly points required)? If I have a shot at placing higher in SCL 7, maybe it is worth switching to that clearance level instead?
  • vinsensual
    vinsensual Posts: 458 Mover and Shaker
    Progression rewards are roughly the same, I think 500 iso difference near the 600-700 point range, and 500 for top 100. At least in pve, the formula is known how to place high. But in pvp, an extra 4* cover for 4 players per bracket where you don't have a shot at all unless you can put up 1500+ isn't really a change at all.

Same in shield sim, the difference is 100 total iso by the time you get to 2000.
  • Mr_Sinister
    vinsensual wrote:
    Progression rewards are roughly the same, I think 500 iso difference near the 600-700 point range, and 500 for top 100. At least in pve, the formula is known how to place high. But in pvp, an extra 4* cover for 4 players per bracket where you don't have a shot at all unless you can put up 1500+ isn't really a change at all.

Same in shield sim, the difference is 100 total iso by the time you get to 2000.

Disagree. The increase at the top has created intense competition that effects the whole bracket, progression included.4* rosters are looking at t50 at best, low end 5* players t25. That's a big difference right there. That makes getting to 900/800/700 much harder as rosters that were usually t10/t25 are hanging lower and more apt to target downward, preventing progression for high 3*/early 4* players. This wasn't the case up till now.
  • Mr_Sinister
  • Ludaa
    Ludaa Posts: 542
    Bracket turnover is horrible for CL8 so far in S1. This will mean crowded top tens full of 5's. Pre-CL8 launch seemed to be in a pretty sweet spot, there may not be enough players for CL8, 9, 10 yet.
  • Mr_Sinister
    Ludaa wrote:
    Bracket turnover is horrible for CL8 so far in S1. This will mean crowded top tens full of 5's. Pre-CL8 launch seemed to be in a pretty sweet spot, there may not be enough players for CL8, 9, 10 yet.

And there won't be for a while with 5* progression being RNG dependant and the odds shrinking for any particular one every new release.

I assumed we had an abundance of 5* players and that was causing the scl 8 scores to sky rocket, but it seems it's that super brackets were created because of low population levels.
  • hodayathink
    hodayathink Posts: 528 Critical Contributor
    Ludaa wrote:

And there won't be for a while with 5* progression being RNG dependant and the odds shrinking for any particular one every new release.

I assumed we had an abundance of 5* players and that was causing the scl 8 scores to sky rocket, but it seems it's that super brackets were created because of low population levels.

Which is the same thing that's been happening in PvE lately. CL7 turns over at a much better rate than CL8 there as well, and as someone who enters late on the first day, I was getting stuck at the bottom of a very competitive bracket is CL8, and joining at the same time gets me at the top of a less competitive CL7. Shows why they aren't in a hurry to introduce 9 and/or 10 yet.