Increased sell price for revamped covers - not anymore

veny
veny Posts: 834 Critical Contributor
edited November 2016 in MPQ General Discussion
Seems we have a new trend since Invisible Woman rewamp... why? icon_eek.gif

Comments

• Evilgenius_9
    Evilgenius_9 Posts: 132 Tile Toppler
    I have never understood this- so you spent resources on a bad character, now it's improved and people want to sell it?
  • veny
    Improved? Thats very subjective...
    And investing in bad character... well, interesting point of view. Should we rather invest in 3 best covers in each star.png level?
    Championing rings a bell?

Anyway, we had this "refund" mechanism for years... why change it?
  • Punisher5784
    Punisher5784 Posts: 3,845 Chairperson of the Boards
    I have never understood this- so you spent resources on a bad character, now it's improved and people want to sell it?

Agreed it should only be for nerf characters but I believe the reasoning is if the character's abilities are vastly changed, even if it is a buff, some players like the older version (e.g. Devil Dino).

They did not have a sellback for Vision's buff earlier in the year either but he only received increased damage on all his powers and it was communicated there would be no sellback bonus. Maybe the devs feel since this is IW's 4th buff, that they finally nailed it and sellback is not necessary.
  • broll
    broll Posts: 4,732 Chairperson of the Boards

Agreed it should only be for nerf characters but I believe the reasoning is if the character's abilities are vastly changed, even if it is a buff, some players like the older version (e.g. Devil Dino).

They did not have a sellback for Vision's buff earlier in the year either but he only received increased damage on all his powers and it was communicated there would be no sellback bonus. Maybe the devs feel since this is IW's 4th buff, that they finally nailed it and sellback is not necessary.

I disagree with this. Buff or nerf if what you had suddenly changes on you, you should have the right to return it. If my copy of Iron Man 3 suddenly turned into Spider-Man 2,some would call it nerf, others would call it a buff. I would call it reason to grab a pitchfork and demand a refund.
  • Etheus
    Etheus Posts: 56
    I hope the lack of increased resale value for icon_invisiblewoman.png is just a mistake. icon_starlord.png and icon_silversurfer.png still have increased resale values. Both should have returned to normal resale value by now.
  • Etheus wrote:
    I hope the lack of increased resale value for icon_invisiblewoman.png is just a mistake. icon_starlord.png and icon_silversurfer.png still have increased resale values. Both should have returned to normal resale value by now.
    icon_hulkcho.png and icon_devildino.png have increased value too. Frankly, they should keep Dino up, since he's just an anniversary character.
  • Dragon_Nexus
    Dragon_Nexus Posts: 3,701 Chairperson of the Boards

The method itself is a throwback to Ragnarok when he started out as stupidly OP and was nerfed hard to be less so everyone complained they'd spent real money to level him up and now he was worthless. So they learned that lesson and increased the sale price.

It became a standard practise to increase the sale price on a major character change as a method of compensation if the character no longer felt viable to the player. Perhaps this is Demiurge thinking "Wait...why are we doing this with every character, regardless of the changes?"

Or maybe it was an oversight, who knows? =)
  • veny
    No matter how good change is, there always be someone who is harmed by this change (except for obvious weaklings like Chulk).
    Like Dino - Almost everyone is happy but revamp made him useless for me.
  • dsds
    dsds Posts: 526
    I am going to be a little bit sarcastic here. If they increased the sell back price for their characters because they changed the abilities and they play differently. Well then, they should increase the sell price of all characters when they change pvp or pve.

I mean that does change how their merchandise works right? I mean if pve favors faster clears or health longevity due to having to do 4 clears at one time, obviously some characters become more useful right? When they add new pves, obviously some characters will work better, so other ones will be more useless right. This is the same when they introduce new characters... I can go on.
  • Etheus
    Etheus Posts: 56
    star.pngstar.pngstar.pngstar.png Resale prices have been updated.

icon_silversurfer.png resale value is still increased.
  • Spiritclaw
    Spiritclaw Posts: 397 Mover and Shaker
    This isn't the first time a character hasn't gotten the amped sell price. I think demiurge doesn't amp the price when they feel confident that the character is improved and will be perceived that way.
  • BlackSheep101
    BlackSheep101 Posts: 2,025 Chairperson of the Boards
    Level 272 champion goes for 187551 iso8.png 6000 imcoin.png
  • veny
    Confirmed. Well, i am glad that things were solved... i can sell my IW and build new one icon_e_biggrin.gif
  • Wil88
    Wil88 Posts: 159 Tile Toppler
    Anyone consider that maybe it was intentional until after Clash of the Titans?