placement in pve

2»

Comments

• Polares
    Polares Posts: 2,643 Chairperson of the Boards
    Bowgentle wrote:
    Roland113 wrote:
    One side note, 3Strange really decreases your time to plow through the nodes, even unboosted he's still a huge time saver with a 5 in yellow. I'm sure 5Strange would do just as well if you've got him covered.
    He doesn't, really.
    At 315 with 0/0/4 he does a measly 1413 per enemy skill use.
    He needs WAY more covers to be useful.

Well this is what happens when you nerf 5 Strange, and you forget 3 Strange icon_razz.gif

My 167 level 3 Strange does 1667 dmg, plus the healing, which is obviously more than the 315 level Strange with 4 in yellow 1413. And Devs said we would be able to use our 5s with just one or two covers...

I know people love 3 Strange and they will sharp their forks after I say this, but I can't really understand why 5 Strange was nerfed and 3 Strange was not. So 5 Strange made PvE too easy for 5 players and 3 Strange does not for 3 players ??????? How is that fair for 5 players?
  • GurlBYE
    GurlBYE Posts: 1,218 Chairperson of the Boards
    It takes playing more than whoever tops your bracket and some have no obligations at all so you can't simply beat them

Even though a lot of 5 players say they don't do pve, tops of my brackets are just about exclusively 5 champs or 10+ 4 champs, since cl7 just the champed 3's and usually fully covered but not fully leveled 5's

3's get better scaling but also don't tend to deal much damage outside of top tiered, also the powers in general were less creative which is why scarlet, iron fist and IM tend to be shoved on so many teams for ap gen.

The scaling issue is a problem none the less.

Back on topic.

4 clears from least to greatest, waiting then clearing 5th time, then clearing the time, then grinding points down.
  • Vhailorx
    Vhailorx Posts: 6,085 Chairperson of the Boards
    Bowgentle wrote:
    Roland113 wrote:
    One side note, 3Strange really decreases your time to plow through the nodes, even unboosted he's still a huge time saver with a 5 in yellow. I'm sure 5Strange would do just as well if you've got him covered.
    He doesn't, really.

no, like all 5*s he needs way more levels to be useful.
  • Fightmastermpq
    Fightmastermpq Posts: 995 Critical Contributor
    Vhailorx wrote:
    Bowgentle wrote:
    Roland113 wrote:
    He doesn't, really.

no, like all 5*s he needs way more levels to be useful.
    It's just really frustrating as a 5* player to see that you really need a usable 5trange/Bolt to compete at the highest levels, and it takes a **** ton of hoarding/luck/money to get there. I got "lucky" in that most of the 9% 5*s I got were 5trange and I now have him at a usable level 420, but even after spending over 400k ISO to get him there he is only marginally better than the 3* variety.