Shield Clearance Level Season Question

Leugenesmiff
Leugenesmiff Posts: 401 Mover and Shaker
edited November 2016 in MPQ General Discussion
Can I pick a lower Season SCL and still pick level 8 for individual events? Or would picking say level 5 in Season make my PvP and Sim the same level all month?
It seems to me the main rewards are the same for levels 5-8 in Season, with just some slight difference in ISO and HP amounts. I figure I might try entering a lower tier for Season and just playing all events at level 7 or 8. Or would I not see a major difference in my ranking by doing this?

Comments

• DapperChewie
    DapperChewie Posts: 399 Mover and Shaker
    AFAIK, picking SCL for the season only effects end of season rewards and season progression rewards. You should be able to pick SCL6, for example, and still be able to play SCL8 for SHIELD Simulator and individual pvp events.

I have not tested this however, so buyer beware or something.
  • Punisher5784
    Punisher5784 Posts: 3,845 Chairperson of the Boards
    I believe you must pick the SCL for the season first. If you choose SCL for a PvP event or Sim first then the Season is auto defaulted to what you chose for those events.
  • Erndiese
    Erndiese Posts: 40 Just Dropped In
    Last season, I chose SCL 1 to start but by the end of the season I was able to select SCL 4 for individual events, so I think as initially replied, they are independent. I can't speak to selecting an individual event first defaulting your season end rewards SCL level. Would be helpful to have further confirmation though.
  • GrumpySmurf1002
    GrumpySmurf1002 Posts: 3,511 Chairperson of the Boards
    They're independent choices, so yes, you can do CL7 for season and choose CL5 for Army of One, or vice versa.

Choose your season CL first, then choose your Army of One CL. If you do it in the opposite order, then your Army of One CL will apply to Season (but future PvPs you can still choose something different)