Better in game notification

Options
nexus13
nexus13 Posts: 191 Tile Toppler
edited November 2016 in MtGPQ General Discussion
How about some better in game notification? I was playing NOP and it just stopped for maintenance. The game was only a few minutes in. For a surprise maintenance I think there should be a pop up that you have to see as well as a warning for any game started within 30 minutes of the time when maintenance is scheduled. From my perspective and that of anyone who isn't constantly refreshing the forum there was effectively NO notification prior to maintenance. I came back to the forums and saw that it had at least some notice here, why couldn't that be translated to the app? It's possible there was something on the main screen but I was heading straight to events and I never saw it, when it is about to happen you should have no way to not see it, it should be something that requires active acknowledgement before you move on.

Comments

• Nitymp
    Nitymp Posts: 320 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Pretty sure it was at the top of the activity hub as well. But, I agree - there should definitely be a pop up for maintenance warnings in-game - not everyone reads the activity hub or the forums
  • Ciotog
    Ciotog Posts: 77 Match Maker
    Options
    I think it would be best if we could get some warning spammed to the chat screens so you can see it even if you are in game. Like a 30/15/5 min warning about impending sever shut down.
  • nexus13
    Options
    Nitymp wrote:
    Pretty sure it was at the top of the activity hub as well. But, I agree - there should definitely be a pop up for maintenance warnings in-game - not everyone reads the activity hub or the forums

It probably was, but I tend to minimize the app and not close it so I don't always see the activity hub and will jump straight to events. I will be through the hub many times in a day but not necessarily within an hours time. Emergency maintenance needs wider notification in game.
  • nexus13
    Options
    The other option to better notification would be resetting nodes for games in progress so that maintenance doesn't cause a loss. One loss can easily be the difference in 50 crystals and a downgrade of the card reward.
  • Corn_Noodles
    Corn_Noodles Posts: 477 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Coalition chat overlay is a thing. Why can't a notification overlay be a thing?
  • jackvett
    jackvett Posts: 141 Tile Toppler
    Options
    nexus13 wrote:
    The other option to better notification would be resetting nodes for games in progress so that maintenance doesn't cause a loss. One loss can easily be the difference in 50 crystals and a downgrade of the card reward.

So can not being able to play in the event/having every node set to 0 randomly/having progress wiped.

A lot more wrong could have happened to you, who has gotten to play the event period
  • Nitymp
    Nitymp Posts: 320 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    nexus13 wrote:
    Nitymp wrote:

It probably was, but I tend to minimize the app and not close it so I don't always see the activity hub and will jump straight to events. I will be through the hub many times in a day but not necessarily within an hours time. Emergency maintenance needs wider notification in game.

No I totally agree with you - just being on the hub is definitely not enough, people barely stay on there for longer than a second.
  • nexus13
    Options
    jackvett wrote:
    nexus13 wrote:

So can not being able to play in the event/having every node set to 0 randomly/having progress wiped.

A lot more wrong could have happened to you, who has gotten to play the event period

I know a lot worse happens in game, and I'm glad my phone seems to be more stable than most, but I don't think they should be introducing additional issues when a bit of care would make them avoidable.