Suggestion for 5* Spider-Man

The Herald
The Herald Posts: 463 Mover and Shaker
Let's face it, Tom Holland has a contract for 6 films.

It's going to happen. And Black Suit is different enough from a regular Spidey that it shouldn't result in much hassle.

Here's a suggestion for a Classic style 5* Spider-Man, something that hasn't existed since the 3* tier.

Red: Web Swing
Simple damage and add a Web. Does additional damage if there are enough webs on the board.

Blue: All Tied Up
Stun a character, add a Web. If there are enough webs on the board, uses up some webs the rest of the enemy team also gets stunned for one turn. 5* conditional Widow Sting!

Purple: Spider Sense
Passive. If a big hit comes in, add a Protect and some Web. Multi Web at high cover levels.

Comments

• Crnch73
    Crnch73 Posts: 504 Critical Contributor
    I have a few problems. Not trying to be a jerk, just constructive criticism. I hope it is received that way:

1) I think having a second 5* spiderman is not the right move right now. There are so many other characters they should be adding rather than another character in the same tier. Maybe it is just me, but I am getting a little fed up with repeating characters, let's have some new blood here! The argument against this is basically the same argument that people are having against the new 4* venom. At least agent venom is a different human in the suit, this suggested new spiderman would still be Peter Parker, no?

2) These powers just seem like a mixture of other spidermen powers from other tiers. It is one step better than the "Lazy thor" and "Lazy cap", but I still think they could be better powers for a 5*

3) I think these powers should truly be applied to the 3* spiderman. A lot of people are struggling with the idea that he isn't near the top of that tier, even though he is such a prominent character throughout Marvel. A rework of that character to have better powers would be great.
  • The Herald
    The Herald Posts: 463 Mover and Shaker
    Crnch73 wrote:
    I have a few problems. Not trying to be a jerk, just constructive criticism. I hope it is received that way:

1) I think having a second 5* spiderman is not the right move right now. There are so many other characters they should be adding rather than another character in the same tier. Maybe it is just me, but I am getting a little fed up with repeating characters, let's have some new blood here! The argument against this is basically the same argument that people are having against the new 4* venom. At least agent venom is a different human in the suit, this suggested new spiderman would still be Peter Parker, no?

2) These powers just seem like a mixture of other spidermen powers from other tiers. It is one step better than the "Lazy thor" and "Lazy cap", but I still think they could be better powers for a 5*

3) I think these powers should truly be applied to the 3* spiderman. A lot of people are struggling with the idea that he isn't near the top of that tier, even though he is such a prominent character throughout Marvel. A rework of that character to have better powers would be great.

All more than fair points icon_e_smile.gif

Another 5* Spider-Man feels like something we are doomed to see. I felt like throwing my hat into the ring and suggesting a proper Spider-Man for when the time has to come :p