Duplicate 5* Covers

Options
Mjmacka
Mjmacka Posts: 55
edited December 2016 in MPQ Character Discussion
So,

The past 3 classic 5* cover's I've received have all been duplicates. CS was kind enough to swap out the first cover with another as a one-time one off (SS black -> SS red) but now I have two more covers I wont' be able to use rotting away (OML Black and BSS purple). Even with two more covers, I won't be able to champion either.

Should I ask for help and expect a response? Ask CS to swap the 2 covers for a single one for one of the two characters BSS or OML? Or should I just chalk this up to bad luck and sell the covers for 2k iso8.png each?

Comments

• Bowgentle
    Bowgentle Posts: 7,926 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Mjmacka wrote:
    So,

The past 3 classic 5* cover's I've received have all been duplicates. CS was kind enough to swap out the first cover with another as a one-time one off (SS black -> SS red) but now I have two more covers I wont' be able to use rotting away (OML Black and BSS purple). Even with two more covers, I won't be able to champion either.

Should I ask for help and expect a response? Ask CS to swap the 2 covers for a single one for one of the two characters BSS or OML? Or should I just chalk this up to bad luck and sell the covers for 2k iso8.png each?
    I'm rostering my classic dupes in the hope that eventually, in two years or so, there will be a solution.

You can always ask CS to swap those covers, but the chance of them doing it is slim.
  • Mjmacka
    Options
    I asked but CS said sorry. I'm considering just rostering them and hoping for a solution in the future but I've got 4 more days to think about it.
  • SnowcaTT
    SnowcaTT Posts: 3,486 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    My 5/0/5 SS has a 2/0/0 copy to go along with him. Before I champed Phoenix I got a 2nd copy of her on roster as well. I fully expect my 0/4/0 GG (with a 5th purple cover coming up in an eventual daily drop) to have a 2nd copy soon enough. My 4/3/1 BSSM is about to go to 5/3/1 with daily drop, little chance that I'll "correctly" cover that one....or any of them, the more I think about it. I cover -some- 3*/4* with 13 before dupes...almost seems like 5*'s intentionally don't do that.....

:tinfoilhat:

Colorless covers can't come quickly enough. icon_e_sad.gif
  • Quibbles
    Quibbles Posts: 44 Just Dropped In
    Options
    Amen on colorless covers. I have completely stopped opening anything other than latest legends for this reason. In fact, I'm holding off on all draws until I have enough ISO stored up to instantly champ any remaining 4*. 4* are essentially useless in the 5* meta for all but the best buffs, and I have most 4* max covered but unchamped, so any 4* draw goes straight to the sale bin. Until the devs fix the issue with 5* covers, there's no reason to open any unless my roster stops being competitive.

The only thing I've learned after playing for so long is that when devs make a change, the folks who benefit are those who've hoarded tokens. Champ levels being the easiest example of that. Folks who had several hundred tokens did quite well, while those of us with less self-control had been selling dupes as we got them.
  • fmftint
    fmftint Posts: 3,653 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Be happy that they exchanged one cover for you, I asked for a "exception" swap for 3 dupes pulled last week
    5/4/3 BiB blue
    5/3/3 OML black x2
    And was told pound sand
  • GoreSlasher
    GoreSlasher Posts: 16 Just Dropped In
    Options
    I received 4 black Green Goblin covers in a row, pushing the amount over 5 and my GG to 5/0/2 and CS wouldn't let me trade. They'll only consider latest characters and even then it's slim hopes.
  • Bowgentle
    Bowgentle Posts: 7,926 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I received 4 black Green Goblin covers in a row, pushing the amount over 5 and my GG to 5/0/2 and CS wouldn't let me trade. They'll only consider latest characters and even then it's slim hopes.
    They'll trade Latest 100%, it's not slim hopes.

You're out of luck with Classics, though.
  • Polares
    Polares Posts: 2,643 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Bowgentle wrote:
    Mjmacka wrote:
    So,

I'm rostering my classic dupes in the hope that eventually, in two years or so, there will be a solution.

You can always ask CS to swap those covers, but the chance of them doing it is slim.

I rostered a second PH when I got like 4 extra covers for her, and when I finally champed the first one I asked CS to separate the covers of the second PH so I could use them as champion levels. They said no - "CS doesn't offer this service". So don't bring your hopes to up.

And to the thread creator. Yeah try to contact CS, you don't have anything to lose, but most certainly they will say no, and you will have to sell the covers :S

Colorless 5 covers ASAP !!!

PS: They exchanged one IM46 cover as a one-time-only service so, I guess I should be happy?