loading data

Options
cinder
cinder Posts: 7
I haven't been able to get the game to load past the "loading data" screen. I have tried clearing the cache, reinstalling the game, and restarting the phone. Any other tips or is the game still down for everyone?

Comments

• Wax
    Wax Posts: 37
    Options
    It's sad, because I'm not joking or saying this to intentionally cause disruption, but flooding the forums and the devs' social media is always gonna be the most effective (if not efficient) way to get them to kick it into high-gear. If left to their own devices, customer support regarding event issues would be totally useless, because the turn-around time with these guys is so long that the event would be over by the time you got anything resolved through the proper channels.

EDIT: To answer your other question, I don't think it's down for everyone, or we'd be having a lot more activity in this forum. I have no idea what the variables could be... Geographical location in relation to their servers? Separate server shards, and some of them are down? Software issues that only affect a minority, due to the end-user environment? It could even be that these guys got their bandwidth throttled by whatever company they're using for server hosting... Who knows, man...
  • Gerard
    Options
    Same problem here guys, at first I thought that the problem was at my end with my linked Facebook account. I've literally been trying to play solid for the last four hours and have managed to complete just one game..
  • DragonXNIK-
    Options
    I agree that this issue is with facebook integration. My coalition is reporting issues as well, on both android and iOS. But I think the problem is more pronounced on Android.
  • Splizwarf
    Options
    Wax wrote:
    It's sad, because I'm not joking or saying this to intentionally cause disruption, but flooding the forums and the devs' social media is always gonna be the most effective (if not efficient) way to get them to kick it into high-gear. If left to their own devices, customer support regarding event issues would be totally useless, because the turn-around time with these guys is so long that the event would be over by the time you got anything resolved through the proper channels.

EDIT: To answer your other question, I don't think it's down for everyone, or we'd be having a lot more activity in this forum. I have no idea what the variables could be... Geographical location in relation to their servers? Separate server shards, and some of them are down? Software issues that only affect a minority, due to the end-user environment? It could even be that these guys got their bandwidth throttled by whatever company they're using for server hosting... Who knows, man...

Ha, throttling really is what it seems like, some kind of packet loss or miscommunication. I only had the Facebook login issue once, at the beginning of my trouble. After that, it's all been almost entirely beachball loading screens and "Something went wrong!", but the connection problems aren't 100% of the time, just maybe 90% or so?

I'm in the US in Virginia, on Android (Galaxy S5 and a Shield tablet) having trouble via Fios, AT&T cellular data, and Verizon cellular data. The variety is why I think the problem is closer to D3Go's end. Where are the rest of you with issues?
  • wetzello
    wetzello Posts: 3 Just Dropped In
    Options
    Having the same issues. iOS and strong WiFi connection.
  • jimmysnuka
    jimmysnuka Posts: 17 Just Dropped In
    Options
    Same problem here, it's cost me 3 event losses icon_e_sad.gif
  • Wax
    Wax Posts: 37
    Options
    Man, if you mean 3 losses in this event, it could be worse; I've been trying to play almost constantly since the event started, and I've lost probably 30 matches (either due to the whole node collapsing all of its plays, or the actual match timing-out and not registering as a win). If you mean you've lost 3 events total because of similar problems, that's rough...

I really don't know how these guys have the money for all these high-profile IP licenses for their games (Magic, Marvel, etc..), and yet so many other aspects of the way they do business would make you assume they're so broke they can't afford to spend money on maintenance and support.
  • Splizwarf
    Options
    I didn't realize that people meant that you could lose not just one but ALL THREE charges on a node from a single "Something went wrong!" during a match, but hey, that just happened to me.

That's past "eh I'll try again" and into "maybe I should go read a book, or work on the car".
  • brcarl42
    Options
    Same problems here. I've gotten connected to a match then dropped.

Tried clearing cache and forcing app to stop, didn't help.

This is a fun game but the quality and support just suck. icon_cry.gificon_evil.gif
  • Gluuer
    Gluuer Posts: 1 Just Dropped In
    Options
    I've had the same problems using a Samsung Galaxy S6 on Verizon for two days now. I first get an error about logging into Facebook. When it does finally connect, I go to play and it just says loading data. I finally played a match and won but then got the unending spinning when it tried to end the match. I lost all charges on that node. I uninstalled the game, reinstalled it and connected to Facebook again. I'm still having the same problems. I also can't open boosters.
  • Brigby
    Brigby ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 7,757 Site Admin
    Options
    Hey everyone. There was service maintenance performed yesterday afternoon that should've resolved many of the latency issues you guys mentioned.
    When it comes to the errors revolving around Facebook, we're currently talking with the development team on how to handle that and fix it.

If you're still running into any latency issues, please send a support ticket and we'll get that sent to the team asap. Thanks!