Worth complaining to CS about unusable resupply cover?

Cousin Simpson
Cousin Simpson Posts: 1,086 Chairperson of the Boards
edited November 2016 in MPQ General Discussion
My Phoenix is famously 5/0/5, and today's resupply is, guess what, a green Phoenix. I've asked CS once before to change the color of another green Phoenix I pulled (to no avail), should I give it another shot?

Comments

• broll
    broll Posts: 4,732 Chairperson of the Boards
    Why would you? This has always seemed silly to me. So you lose out on something random (or essentially random) why would/should CS change it for you. I know they have in the past and it's on them that people even try this.
  • GrumpySmurf1002
    GrumpySmurf1002 Posts: 3,511 Chairperson of the Boards
    My Phoenix is famously 5/0/5, and today's resupply is, guess what, a green Phoenix. I've asked CS once before to change the color of another green Phoenix I pulled (to no avail), should I give it another shot?

May as well. Worst case they say no and you're in the same position. Best case you get to 5/1/5. There's literally no downside.
  • gravel
    gravel Posts: 585 Critical Contributor
    broll wrote:
    Why would you? This has always seemed silly to me. So you lose out on something random (or essentially random) why would/should CS change it for you. I know they have in the past and it's on them that people even try this.

That's why you should ask. Again, the most they would do is say no.
  • TheXMan
    TheXMan Posts: 170 Tile Toppler
    Wait until the 2nd Phoenix green is announced. They did a 2nd black OML as daily resupply which makes no sense based on how they rotate colors for everything else.
  • mpqr7
    mpqr7 Posts: 2,642 Chairperson of the Boards
    I once tried that.. (received my 6th oml black as a login reward).. and I failed!!! Oh well.
  • broll
    broll Posts: 4,732 Chairperson of the Boards
    gravel wrote:
    broll wrote:

I try to think of whether it's moral to do things by asking the questions if everyone always did this, would there be negative consequences. If everyone that played this game asked CS to swap their cover every time they got one they couldn't use CS would be so bogged down with issues they wouldn't be able to address real issues. This is my reason for saying it's silly to ask.

My point about them doing it in the past is to say that they shot themselves in the foot by ever granting such silly requests and have only encouraged people to bog them down with silly requests like this.
  • DeNappa
    DeNappa Posts: 1,390 Chairperson of the Boards
    broll wrote:
    gravel wrote:
    broll wrote:

I try to think of whether it's moral to do things by asking the questions if everyone always did this, would there be negative consequences. If everyone that played this game asked CS to swap their cover every time they got one they couldn't use CS would be so bogged down with issues they wouldn't be able to address real issues. This is my reason for saying it's silly to ask.

My point about them doing it in the past is to say that they shot themselves in the foot by ever granting such silly requests and have only encouraged people to bog them down with silly requests like this.
    There's an easy way to avoid CS getting flooded... just address the REAL issue in game so you won't have to throw away covers like that. It's been one of the longer standing issues in the game, that is very often complained about. Linking to this relevant thread, which isn't the only or first one, but is one of the longer running and kept-alive complaint threads..
  • Thanos
    Thanos Posts: 722 Critical Contributor
    It's easy to know if CS will help you, did you spend money on the game recently? If yes, they'll help. If no, sod off.
  • Crnch73
    Crnch73 Posts: 504 Critical Contributor
    these days, CS will tell you the only time they swap out covers is this:

you pulled a 5* from the latest pack (not shield supply) only. So that means Strange, BB, and BW are the only 5* they will swap colors for you, if you happened to pull a color you already have maxed.
  • El Satanno
    El Satanno Posts: 1,005 Chairperson of the Boards
    broll wrote:

For starters, you may as well try. One of my alliance mates just got his resupply Logan swapped out, so there you go.

Now you want to talk about moral? How about the posts here that indicate others have not received that service? "Different strokes for different folks" is not a good customer service policy and that is immoral.
  • Evilgenius_9
    Evilgenius_9 Posts: 132 Tile Toppler
    My phoenix is 0/4/3 - can't wait for that first green. Even though I'm a ways away (day 655), the resupply one might still be my first lol.
  • madsalad
    madsalad Posts: 815 Critical Contributor
    Time for 2k iso or a dupe Phoenix.
  • xidragonxi
    xidragonxi Posts: 253 Mover and Shaker
    El Satanno wrote:
    For starters, you may as well try. One of my alliance mates just got his resupply Logan swapped out, so there you go.

Now you want to talk about moral? How about the posts here that indicate others have not received that service? "Different strokes for different folks" is not a good customer service policy and that is immoral.

****? I asked them TWICE in the last few weeks because my resupplies included a black OML I couldn't use, and a purple Goblin that I couldn't use. I was told both times that they are only swapping covers for characters still in the Latest Legends tokens (so Bolt, Widow, Banner) and that they would not make an exception for me. I've spent money (not a ton, but more than I would on a PS4 game), and have invested over 1,000 days into this game. It's ridiculous that they have different standards for different customers.
  • El Satanno
    El Satanno Posts: 1,005 Chairperson of the Boards
    xidragonxi wrote:
    ****? I asked them TWICE in the last few weeks because my resupplies included a black OML I couldn't use, and a purple Goblin that I couldn't use. I was told both times that they are only swapping covers for characters still in the Latest Legends tokens (so Bolt, Widow, Banner) and that they would not make an exception for me. I've spent money (not a ton, but more than I would on a PS4 game), and have invested over 1,000 days into this game. It's ridiculous that they have different standards for different customers.

Yup.