Do you think MPQ will add Gwenom when her comic starts?

Options
DrDevilDinosaur
DrDevilDinosaur Posts: 436 Mover and Shaker
edited November 2016 in MPQ General Discussion
I hope so.
Failed to load the poll.

Comments

• Dormammu
    Dormammu Posts: 3,531 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I voted yes because it seems we will have a thousand Venom-Gwen-Ultimate-alternate 'Spider-Man Universe' characters before we ever get a usable, classic, Peter Parker that we all love. I mean, even if they made the 3* Spider-Man a lazy copy of the 1* it would be a 1000% improvement.
  • Tromb2ch2
    Tromb2ch2 Posts: 301 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    I voted yes because I do not want this. So obviously they would add it to the game.
  • Punisher5784
    Punisher5784 Posts: 3,837 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Maybe they should fix Spider-Gwen first. I like Gwenpool though
  • Tromb2ch2
    Options
    Well gwenpool and spider-gwen are 2 different people.
  • xidragonxi
    xidragonxi Posts: 253 Mover and Shaker
    Options

Spider-Gwen is amazing.
  • Punisher5784
    Options
    Tromb2ch2 wrote:

They are? Lol.. sorry I'm a 90s comic fan
  • Skygazing
    Skygazing Posts: 165 Tile Toppler
    Options
    Tromb2ch2 wrote:

They are now. IIRC Marvel just mashed Spider-Gwen and Deadpool together for a variant cover at first, but due to popularity later retconned her into a character named Gwen Poole who has no actual affiliation with either of them.
  • Tromb2ch2
    Options
    Tromb2ch2 wrote:

Yeah they had a bunch of variant covers for all the comics with gwen in them. I guess the gwenpool one was popular so they ran with it. https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gwenpool
  • Tromb2ch2
    Options
    Frankly I don't understand why spider-gwen is even a thing but w/e.
  • STOPTHIS
    STOPTHIS Posts: 781 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Tromb2ch2 wrote:

Spider-Gwen has an awesome costume....and that's about it. There's not really much else going for her and that's largely because Gwen Stacy was always a bore. But that costume though...

Gwenpool was just a costume too. Though her series is more charming than I expected it to be.

And if were taking bets on what new dumb unoriginal amalgam Marvel is pushing I'm going with Deadpool the Duck.

Deadpool_the_Duck_1_Cover_by_David_Nakayama-720x1080.jpg
  • optimus2861
    optimus2861 Posts: 1,232 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Tromb2ch2 wrote:
    Well.. her original concept had some value. In her world, Gwen Stacy got bitten by the spider, not Peter. Peter tried to gain his own powers and became that world's Lizard. Peter/Lizard died in a battle with Gwen/Spidey. Gwen feels guilty about the whole thing, power/responsibility, blah blah. In that context, in that world, exploring Gwen as a powered superhero would be interesting; remember of course that her father is a police captain and was charged with finding out who Spidey is and apprehending her.

But mashing her into the main Marvel universe destroys her distinctiveness and any interesting reason for her existence IMO, other than to make her angst out that, in this world, her alter-ego is dead along with her entire family. You can't sustain that long and there's just nowhere to go with it other than eventual acceptance.
  • Punisher5784
    Options
    Tromb2ch2 wrote:
    Well.. her original concept had some value. In her world, Gwen Stacy got bitten by the spider, not Peter. Peter tried to gain his own powers and became that world's Lizard. Peter/Lizard died in a battle with Gwen/Spidey. Gwen feels guilty about the whole thing, power/responsibility, blah blah. In that context, in that world, exploring Gwen as a powered superhero would be interesting; remember of course that her father is a police captain and was charged with finding out who Spidey is and apprehending her.

I am shocked Sony didn't use this for the Amazing Spider-Man reboot instead icon_lol.gif
  • Crnch73
    Crnch73 Posts: 504 Critical Contributor
    Options
    STOPTHIS wrote:

And if were taking bets on what new dumb unoriginal amalgam Marvel is pushing I'm going with Deadpool the Duck.

I know it was a DC mashup, but does anyone else remember Lobo the Duck? I honestly laughed a lot with that guy

705490-lobo_the_duck_14.jpg